• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oh NO! First the Polar Vortex, now a Velveeta shortage

MRSFUSSY

Reaction score
Best advertising scheme

ever. This will generate panic/stocking up buying. No need to refrigerate. Good shelf life. How about that!

HatTrick

Reaction score
Wait, can we start over?? Velveeta isn't real cheese? What is real cheese then? I was raised on Velveeta! Are you sure it's not real? Is the Kraft singles in those individual wrappings real cheese?

They are both real... if you believe them to be... :ponder:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Velvetta is on sale @ Walmart. A large shipment just came in for Sunday's football games.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
There's No Shortage of History When It Comes to Velveeta - by Natasha Geiling/ Arts & Culture/ SmithsonianMag.com

In the event of a full-blown Velveeta shortage, here's a little history to ease your pain

velveeta_cheese.jpg__800x600_q85_crop.jpg

Velveeta might be gone from grocery store shelves, but where did it come from in the first place? (Wikipedia)

Richard

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Velveeta Recipe

I have to admit I did not click the links above, so perhaps this recipe is already up there :p

I had to wonder, when I saw this, WHY anyone would actually want to MAKE this stuff.....but I guess because it's so meltable.

Anyway, the home-made version seems to have a reasonable ingredient list. I hate to imagine the ingredients on a box.

http://www.recipesformyboys.com/2014/01/homemade-velveeta-cheese.html

basically you use the blender to blend real genuine cheese (cheddar and/or a blend of Cheddar, Colby, and Swiss) with boiling water, powdered milk, and unflavored gelatin, and then pour the blended mix into a rectangular shaped pan or plastic-wrap-lined box.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find that reading the ingredients on a box can oft-times spoil your appetite, so I avoid doing that. :D (Actually not true.)

Richard, enjoyed the old ad videos in your post, especially the Four Tops one.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Clarification requested...

I have an old Tupperware container that I believe was created for a loaf of Velveeta.

Was that container created for or created from a loaf of Velveeta? Maybe both? :shrug:;):shrug:

Last edited:

persia

Reaction score
I hate both.....Freezing cold sucks; velveeta is worse...Everyone says Philly cheese steaks are the BEST...They are the best when using regular American cheese; not velveeta....JMO

ps....I live in PA

They're both fake cheese...

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
The vortex is returning up my way. Soooooo cold.

I had to have my plumber shut down the Cape Cod cottage as I was afraid that the blizzard we had down there would knock out the power which would have shut off the heat = frozen pipes. So, looks like there'll be two opening days around here in April............. Fenway and Harwich.

Sooooo very cooooold.

Oh, I know where there is a supply of Velveeta. We won't need it for the Superbowl around these parts. :bawl:

-

Last edited:

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it was Velveeta or American cheese I had on a grilled "cheese" yesterday at WaffleHouse...but it tasted weirdly artificial & salty. I was upsold by the waitress to a $5 special when I had ordered just a bowl of chili... so I took the "grilled cheese" and coffee along with the chili for 5 bucks. I was on I-20 on a 5 hr drive...so it was "road food" and did the trick...for yesterday. ;)

persia

Reaction score
Velveta and American cheese are both processed cheese products. Any resemblance to real cheese is purely coincidental.

I'm not sure if it was Velveeta or American cheese I had on a grilled "cheese" yesterday at WaffleHouse...but it tasted weirdly artificial & salty. I was upsold by the waitress to a $5 special when I had ordered just a bowl of chili... so I took the "grilled cheese" and coffee along with the chili for 5 bucks. I was on I-20 on a 5 hr drive...so it was "road food" and did the trick...for yesterday. ;)

flickr-velveeta.jpg