• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Angel Fire Cabin Share (phase one)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a lark, I bid on this place last night and won: Angel Fire Cabin Share (phase one) ebay

What can you tell me about this place..Is it a popular ski destination, how about the off season? Is the mf really under $500? etc

Thanks for sharing any experiences

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My brother in law and his family just got back from a ski vacation at
Angel Fire about a week ago. They loved it! I have never been, but
my understanding is that it is a popular ski destination. I think it's pretty quiet off season, but peace and quiet sound pretty appealing to me right now. :)

Steve

Reaction score
I have been to the area in the summer. Angel Fire is in a very beautiful...and very isolated...valley in the mountains of northern New Mexico. The area is quite forested, and it is within an easy drive of Taos (to the west) and the Philmont Boy Scout Ranch (to the east). It's VERY quiet, but it's a nice location if you want to get away from it all.

Steve

thomas660

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron,

We keep an RV in Angel Fire all year. We don't ski anymore, so we don't go there during the winter. However, we visit many times each summer (live only 3 hours away). I don't know anything about the cabin shares; we have never used them. We stayed in one of the condo units several years ago that wasn't great, but I think they have been doing a lot of upgrading in the last few years.

Steve gave a good general description of the area. Angle Fire sits in the Moreno Valley and has beatuiful views of the surrounging mountains including New Mexico's highest peak Mt. Wheeler (13,160 ft.) Here are some other features: 2 indoor swimming pools (one at the lodge and one at the country club), a nice 18 hole golf course at the country club, a lot of fishing possibilities (streems and lakes), decent restaurants (one real good one called the Roasted Clove) and a lot of back roads and trails to explore.
If you like outdoor activities, you'll like AF.

Tom

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Damn, I bought this to fold into Wyndham points via their PIC program, or to rent..the maintenance fees are so low either option I thought would work for me. But you guys make this area sound so nice, I may have to use it myself