• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Valley of Fire

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Is the Valley of Fire worth a look ? If so is this better at sunrise, sunset or anytime ?

Thanks
Bill

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We enjoyed the park but, we went sort of early afternoon in March. I'd like to go back again but we haven't been back to Vegas for several years. As far as whether morning or afternoon is best, I'm not sure.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Went a few years ago

Is the Valley of Fire worth a look ? If so is this better at sunrise, sunset or anytime ?

Thanks
Bill

We went a few years ago during a heat wave because my wife wanted to. It had been 116 for three days in a row and it was no fun for me there.
Bart

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
I look forward to going back this April

Four years ago, we were driving from a stay in Las Vegas and making our way to the North Rim of GC. We went to Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire. That was in August. We enjoyed both enough that if we want to get away from all the glitz of Vegas, these are two very enjoyable destinations to visit to be outdoors and do a bit of hiking. I'm in much better shape fitness-wise now and I'm sure April will be quite a bit more comfortable than August.

We considered going to Death Valley, but I feel that would absolutely require an overnight stay in the area and we have a lot of plans for Vegas since the one time we stayed there it was a short stay, we met up with family and didn't do much exploring or see any shows.

As far as when to visit, I'm not sure. My husband loves sunrises. I love sunsets. But I'm sure there's a happy medium somewhere there. If you go, enjoy! I'm from the East Coast and don't have opportunities often to see these types of landscapes.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We considered going to Death Valley, but I feel that would absolutely require an overnight stay in the area
April would be a great time to visit Death Valley and I don't think you'd need an overnight stay to see quite a bit of it. We went over there last spring for a day trip, and it was great. We had a nice lunch at the Furnace Creek Inn, saw a lot of really interesting things, and went for a short hike.

TomR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last September we visited the Valley of Fire on the way back from Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks. While it can't compare to the two National parks, the Valley of Fire was interesting, especially the hike to the water tank (can't think of the proper name for it). Just last month, we spent a night at the Furnace Creek Ranch, saw some of Death Valley and hiked Golden Canyon. That was a nice excursion from Vegas also.
Tom

JamminJoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway, Week 52, RCI Points
Grandview at Las Vegas, Week 11
I enjoyed it very much, had great weather and was able to walk around, it was beautiful!

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, Karen, I'm going to have to start checking the web on the Spring flower action

April would be a great time to visit Death Valley and I don't think you'd need an overnight stay to see quite a bit of it. We went over there last spring for a day trip, and it was great. We had a nice lunch at the Furnace Creek Inn, saw a lot of really interesting things, and went for a short hike.

All I needed was a nudge. Thanks! :D

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Egret,

That's exactly what a group of us wants to do next Spring--go to see & photograph the flowers.

Except, we'll all be taking our travel trailers for a week (from ID)--no timeshare excursions this time.

derb

TUG Member
Reaction score
You must go...If its too hot, even a drive thru is worth it.
If heat permits, do the white dome trail at the end of the road.
The main attraction is the road behind the visitors center.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Times awasting......I need to get on this. I'm absolutely convinced we should do this

Egret,

That's exactly what a group of us wants to do next Spring--go to see & photograph the flowers.

Except, we'll all be taking our travel trailers for a week (from ID)--no timeshare excursions this time.

You must go...If its too hot, even a drive thru is worth it.
If heat permits, do the white dome trail at the end of the road.
The main attraction is the road behind the visitors center.

National Parks have been our greatest vacations. Why would I even consider passing one up if it was doable? Thanks all for getting me back on track.

We also get to do Acadia National Park in July! Crossing them off, one-by-one.

PS The car rental was first a convertible (and still might be). Then I considered the escalating gas prices and also reserved a smaller car since it will be my husband and I only. The smaller car saves us $200 for the week without factoring in better gas mileage. But we do enjoy the top down. Decisions, decisions! Ain't it wonderful?!!!!!

Thank