• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Buy Airline tickets or wait?

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Price right now for me and my DH from Fort Lauderdale to Las Vegas for next May 14 thru June 3rd is $533.00 total on AA. Is this a good price or should we wait to see if they drop? This is our first trip to Vegas so not sure what is a great rate or not so great one. This price is for the dates and flights we want.

Suzanne

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vegas has been high the last year or so, but I suspect you could probably find a rate closer to $300 with some patience and diligence. Set up an alert on FareCompare.com, and they'll instantly email you when it goes on sale. I always do that for any trips where I have the dates, and also for any places that we would like to go to. I've caught a number of great fare sales that way - $450 to Italy, $116 to NY, $140 to Vegas, $120 to Springfield MO, $120 to St. Louis, and many more.

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would watch spirit they are the only ones with a non stop to Vegas I believe
There prices is 300 right now for that flight otherwise my rule of thumb for domestic long hauls is $250 a piece is a good deal so you're pretty much there

Kt

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you both. I added the Fare website and right now it shows the same price as the lowest that I already have. Will watch a few more days and see what happens.

Suzanne

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
$533.00 is price for both tickets and includes all taxes and fees.

Suzanne

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah, if you're talking $533 for two tickets and the dates and times are exactly what you're looking for, I would jump on it. $266 is decent. You might catch a better fare, but you might not. I thought you were talking about $533 per ticket.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it were me and the times, etc. match with what you want, I would purchase them. Of course you will have to pay the luggage cost in addition. Might check Southwest and see what their tickets are going for on the days you want to travel. I know they are open that far out, but pick a something mid November or December and see what the cost is for them. It at least would give you an idea of what their cost might be in May.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Watching.

I was watching tickets for Cabo for October and they have jumped. I thought they would go down at about the 60 day mark but no such luck.
Already bought my tickets for Hawaii in May.

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and purchased tickets. All the other airlines were showing much higher rates and the flights were not even close to the times we wanted. Glad I did they went up total of $70.00 over night.

Now to figure out how to pack 3 weeks worth of stuff into one ship thru bag and one carry on. I hate those fees for ship thru bags.:annoyed:

Thanks everyone for your help.

Suzanne

Last edited:

JamminJoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village at Parkway, Week 52, RCI Points
Grandview at Las Vegas, Week 11
I have learned to under pack when I go to Vegas, they have some great outlet malls and I have always managed to find some great deals.