• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Robbing Paul McCartney

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm very much into charities...and I donate and work on projects all the time...but I don't think it's right to bilk a spouse or ex-spouse to raise $ for charitable giving. This is like robbing Paul to pay Peter. Is it just me that thinks this way? :confused:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LONDON - A judge awarded Heather Mills a total of $48.6 million Monday in the financial settlement of her divorce from former Beatle Paul McCartney.

A document released by the Family Court said the judge awarded Mills a lump sum of $33 million plus the assets she currently holds worth $15.6 million.

"I'm so, so happy with this," Mills told reporters following the closed hearing.

More here:

http://omg.yahoo.com/mccartney-mills-head-back-to-court/news/7518

S

Steamboat Bill

"It was an incredible result in the end to secure mine and my daughter's future and that of all the charities that I obviously plan on helping and making a difference with — because you know it has been my life for 20 years," she said.

Sir Paul is worth $800m...so yes, this is a lot of money, but he got off easy considering he did not have a pre-nup.

Mills said the settlement vindicated her decision to fire her lawyers. The legal fees, she said, instead "could easily go to charity.".....ok let's see you donate some of that $48.5m big talker.

Let's see....4 years of marriage = $48.5m = $4.85m per year = $13,287 per day of marriage. Geeze, sir Paul would have been better off hiring someone like x-governor Spitzer's $5,000 call girl.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't see where it was robbery. He got what he wanted, a young, allegedly wild, chickie, for as long as he wanted. He and she made a baby. And when he was done, he trashed his daughter's mother very publicly. For that alone, he should pay.

JMHO, of course. As rich as he was, he should have been smarter and had her sign a prenup.

Fern

Noni

TUG Member
Reaction score
I definitely agree with the last statement. He was stupid to have not signed a pre-nup when he had that much at stake. Older men must watch out for gold diggers. Is that one word or two?

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd heard that he had at first offered her 50 million but she decided to take it to court to try to get more. She'd been better off if she'd taken his first offer.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I think Heather got way more $$ than she deserved. Reminds me of Marla Trump. Get the old rich guy to fall in love with you, have a baby so he always has to pay and hang on as long as you can so you can get a big fat divorce settlement. At least the Donald was smart enough to have a prenup, although there isn't enough money in the world that would entice me to marry him. Yuck!

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'd heard that he had at first offered her 50 million but she decided to take it to court to try to get more. She'd been better off if she'd taken his first offer.

I heard the same thing on the radio this morning. Would have saved a lot of nastiness that is now a matter of public record. Plus $50 million and presumably child support which I imagine wasn't much in dispute - who needs more money than that??

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Paul McCartney was caught hook, line and sinker by a gold digger when he was at his lowest following the death of Linda. Heather Mills knew exactly what she was doing, and so did everybody who warned Paul about her when he first took up with her. Paul wanted to believe the best about her.
Unfortunately all those that warned against the relationship have been proved right. Once again her paranoid ramblings outside the court show her for what she really is - deluded.

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Keith ITA.

The UK Sun has published her rantings, (including their own song, "the Long and Whining Moan") -- you can read and see her paranoia on video.
It's almost worth a watch.

AND::: she is reported to have spilled a glass of water on the head of Paul's lawyer after the final proceedings. She has not denied doing it and called it giving her a "baptism in court".
Sun also published the photos of the lawyer looking coiffed coming into court, and with the wet look coming out.
As bizarre as this is, truth is stranger than fiction and they did not make this one up.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
"It was an incredible result in the end to secure mine and my daughter's future and that of all the charities that I obviously plan on helping and making a difference with — because you know it has been my life for 20 years," she said.

I'm curious as to how much she will be using toward charities.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to how much she will be using toward charities.

Let's hope Keitht keeps an eye on the British tabloids for us so we can find out! Thanks in advance for charitably volunteering for that project, Keith! :wave:

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The UK Sun has published her rantings, (including their own song, "the Long and Whining Moan") -- you can read and see her paranoia on video.
It's almost worth a watch.

Link? Where's the link? :eek:

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The full judgement has been released by the judge although Heather Mills did everything she could to stop that happening. Read this and you'll understand why she wasn't keen on it coming out.

On the subject of the lack of evidence of charitable donations she has since said she simply forgot to report them on her tax returns. Sounds unlikely for a woman as in love with money as she has always apparently been.

gary01

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm very much into charities...and I donate and work on projects all the time...but I don't think it's right to bilk a spouse or ex-spouse to raise $ for charitable giving. This is like robbing Paul to pay Peter. Is it just me that thinks this way?

According to the court documents, Heather never listed any contributions to charities in any of her tax returns - although she claimed she did. With that background, it's highly unlikely she wanted extra money from Paul so she could provide it to charities. More likely, any extra would have gone directly into her own purse.

Paul McCartney is lucky to be free of this gold digger.....

Last edited by a moderator:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Paul McCartney was caught hook, line and sinker by a gold digger when he was at his lowest following the death of Linda. Heather Mills knew exactly what she was doing, and so did everybody who warned Paul about her when he first took up with her. Paul wanted to believe the best about her.
Unfortunately all those that warned against the relationship have been proved right. Once again her paranoid ramblings outside the court show her for what she really is - deluded.

That's exactly the way it appeared to me. She hit him as a rebound while he was still mourning Linda.

And she's a loonie - and that not a reference to Canadian currency.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
I don't see where it was robbery. He got what he wanted, a young, allegedly wild, chickie, for as long as he wanted. He and she made a baby. And when he was done, he trashed his daughter's mother very publicly. For that alone, he should pay.

JMHO, of course. As rich as he was, he should have been smarter and had her sign a prenup.

Fern

I'm with Fern. No one held a gun to his head and made him marry her, or have a baby with her. He got off pretty easily I think, regardless of whether you think he was duped, she's a golddigger, etc.

David

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The true victim is Beatrice. I hope she has a good relationship with both parents.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Advice for Paul:

I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house. - Louis Grizzard​

tlwmkw

Reaction score
I feel sorry for all the children...

Paul's first brood with Linda must have been pretty upset when their dad married just a year later. I know a man with six adult children and he remarried less than a year later after his wife died from cancer. The children were fairly upset- not only because of the speed of remarriage but because they now live in the old family house with all the old family furniture (much from his first wifes family), and share the same bedroom (and I presume the same bed) that he had with his first wife. When you put in that light it all sounds awful.

Yes, the little girl with Heather will have a confusing time with two parents who dislike one another but I imagine Paul will do right by the child.

Some have said Paul was an adult and should have known better but he was in a very vulnerable time after losing what appeared to be his soul mate. Everyone says you shouldn't make any major life decisions until at least a year has passed after a spouses death and I guess this shows the truth of that.

Keitht

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The link to the news story that I provided earlier also contains a PDF of the judge's entire ruling. It makes fascinating reading if you have time.

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Songs:

She Doesn't Love You
I Don't Want To Hold Your Hand
Not All My Loving
Keep this one: Money Can't Buy You Love
A Hard Day's Day in Court
No longer have to Carry That Weight
Baby Your a Rich Girl
I Saw Her Kinda Standing There (sorry)
I don't want to Be Your Man
Your a Loser
I finally Lost That Girl

add more if u like

Reaction score
When they first married, I remember saying that we had to give Paul a lot of credit. He could have had any woman he wanted, and while she is a lot younger than him, he married a woman with one leg who was very much committed to charity work.

I think the whole thing is really sad, Paul obviously loved being married, as he had such a happy first marriage. Many men who have been happily married remarry quickly following the death of their wife. He just chose really really badly.

I have heard he is dating the singer Lulu now. I am a long time fan of hers. Much more appropriate choice.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love Lulu! Paul and Lulu. I can see it carved in a tree. "Paul + Lulu 4evah."

judyjht

TUG Member
Reaction score
You get what you paid for - and he paid! Serves him right! I agree with Fern.

Last edited: