• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Have any funny true stories to share? Here's mine

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just reading through a TUG thread about purchasing a part for a car repair.

It reminded me of something funny that happened years ago. My father had an old Rambler automobile that needed a part. I called the manufacturer and they gave me the number of a dealer in our city that might carry it. They said I should ask for the "Parts Department."

I called and asked if they had parts for an old Rambler. The man who answered didn't seem to understand my question. I then remembered that I was supposed to ask for the "Parts Department." When I did so, he started yelling at me saying that it's a shame I didn't have anything better to do with my life than to disrespect the dead. Turns out I had mis-dialed and reached a funeral parlor.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a hoot.:rofl:

libraria99

Reaction score
My first "real" job was being a secretary for two buyers in a manufacturing plant. If one of my bosses was gone, and he received a phone call, I would sometimes say "He's not in the office right now" or "He's not at his desk right now." Have you guessed this yet? One time I said "He's not in his desk right now." Got a laugh from that one; later wished I'd been quicker on the uptake, and said "Yep, I've looked in all the desk drawers and I can't find him anywhere!"

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll never forget this one. I was a young student in a Catholic school, maybe sixth grade. Another student, possibly first or second grade boy came into the class to deliver a message to teacher (a nun). I don't remember what the boy said but the nun seemed upset and said "Is that the way you address your mother?" The boy thought for a moment and replied "I don't dress my mother." The nun, as well as my class couldn't stop laughing. True story

mepiccolo

TUG Member
Reaction score
True story: In high school one of my best friends worked for SuperCuts. It was her first day on the job as the receptionist and the manager was standing behind her so she got real nervous. When a guy walked in for a hair cut she had him sign on on the board and then she asked him, "Would you like a blow job with that?" She turned 5 shades of red while the manager rolled on the floor laughing behind her. The guy asked her if it was included in the $8.00.:hysterical:

mepiccolo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually remembered something that happened to me at work. I had just started working for a criminal defense attorney and a young mother came in with her mother and her toddler daughter. The little girl was walking around my office touching my typewriter, fax machine, keyboard, etc. I nonchalantly said, "Just a regular little working girl". Then the air in my office seemed to freeze and I thought they were both going to jump me and beat me up. But I sat there so clueless as to what I'd said that they must have realized I meant nothing offensive by the comment (I really didn't) It wasn't until after they left and I looked closely at the young mother's file - she was there for a prostitution arrest :ignore:

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, speaking of childhood days in a Catholic school--there were twin brothers in my first grade class. On the first day of class, they were unruly and kept talking all the time, sometimes making crude remarks to other students and about the nun who was our teacher. She just ignored them.

At the end of the day, the nun told them to remain in the classroom because their mother had been contacted and was on her way for a conference. About ten minutes later I saw the boys leaving with their mother and they were very contrite. I then heard the mother tell a friend, "these dummies thought the nun had no ears" (because the veil she was wearing completely covered them).