• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Caribbean Purchase

justjack

Reaction score
Hello, Looking at buying at the Royal Caribbean Week 14. Purchase price of $9000 with a residual of 11,600 Is this a good deal?
Thanks
Jack

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the price is alright. Not extremely expensive, but give us more information on what you bought. Unit size (bedroom). I see prices as low as $6500, however it would depend on the week you wanted.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, Looking at buying at the Royal Caribbean Week 14. Purchase price of $9000 with a residual of 11,600 Is this a good deal?
Thanks
Jack

Week 14 is not a high demand week. Whether that's a good price depends on the location - ocean front, ocean view, ground-floor walkout, penthouse... Also, is the seller tacking on high closing costs that add to your price?

For comparison, check prices on mexicondo.com, omcancun.com, redweek.com, and of course TUG. Also check completed sales for Royals on eBay.

I've bought and seen Royal Caribbean and Royal Islander units going for less than that, but if that's the time period and location you want, and if you are happy with the price, it's ok.

PM me if you want.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is a Cancun week 14 (during spring break and a possible holy week) not a high demand week?

All weeks at the Royals in Cancun are high demand....I guess I should have said that it wasn't as high as other weeks, such as Christmas, New Year's, and Mexican weeks in the summer.

Since the Royals discourage spring breakers (i.e. those of the partying variety), I didn't think Spring Break would make it as much in demand as the other weeks mentioned above! I have been known to be wrong on occasion.....:)

Joe L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Week 14 is def a high demand week. That said, I would never pay $9000 for any week at the Royal Carib. There are only ten years left on the RTU and for someone who does not already own there, I would just look for rentals.

IMHO that would be cheaper than paying $9,000 plus the $795 annual maintenance fee (currently).

mclowe

Reaction score
What would you consider a fair price? I'm actually looking to buy at one of the Royals in weeks 14/15/16. I would consider the Caribbean if I got a good price.

RIMike

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not all about price always

What would you consider a fair price? I'm actually looking to buy at one of the Royals in weeks 14/15/16. I would consider the Caribbean if I got a good price.

I really think there are other considerations than just price. I do think location on the property is important. Are you planning on using it? I own several Royals, never been actually, but I love the trading power that it brings. I am not unhappy with the price I paid which was a little more...but also a little higher demand weeks.
RIMike

M&M

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much do you want week14?

Thanks
Jack

Is week 14 the week you definitely want? You can find other Royal Caribbean weeks for less and even weeks at the Royal Sands(much more RTU left) for not a lot more. I know there was a week 21 at Royal Sands listed for $10,800

Good Luck,
Mike

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is week 14 the week you definitely want? You can find other Royal Caribbean weeks for less and even weeks at the Royal Sands(much more RTU left) for not a lot more. I know there was a week 21 at Royal Sands listed for $10,800

That's a good price for the Sands. You could trade for the week you want at the Tri-Royals, and own something for far more years. You also could probably get something at the Islander for the price you're looking at the Caribbean, maybe even less, and have five more years.

If you really like the RC week, how about making them an offer for a few K less?

justjack

Reaction score
Have rented at the Royal Caribbean Week 13, They run 1500 To 2000 Per week.That why i thought it would me cheaper in the long run to buy with a chance to get the residual back at the end of the lease.
We do plan to go their every year. I have look for other time share units for this weeks 11,12,13and 14 (Spring Break), And they run from 10,000 to 15,000. That's why i thought 9,000 was a good price (Residual of 11,600?).It has the normal 2 Bed rooms and two bath Family room and Kitchen 1440 sf.

I Have made an offer for less and the bottom dollar is 9,000

Jack

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have rented at the Royal caribbean Week 13, They run 1500 To 2000 Per week.That why i thought it would me cheaper in the long run to buy with a chance to get the residual back at the end of the lease.
Jack

If it's the week you want and a location you like and a price you can live with, go for it (after trying a lower offer). Given a fair amount of research and time you may be able to find one for a few K less, but not necessarily for the right week. You're buying into a good resort with good management, and in the long run what matters is your enjoyment of it!