• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2013] Who takes a bath at their Timeshare?

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Weird question, I know, but who takes a bath at their Timeshare? So many of the rooms I have been in have had really deep bathtubs and some have jetted bathtubs. I used one once. It was a deep jetted tub at Villa L'auberge. It's not something that I'd use on a regular basis.

I look at how much room those things take up and what a pain for the housekeeping staff to have to bend down to clean them out and I wonder if I am the only person who doesn't use them. They seem like such a waste of space and money.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We love them because we have two whirlpool tubs at home, one is for two, and the other for one. We use them often.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Parents usually want bathtubs to bathe kids in.

kwindham

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use them a lot.

If you were referring to cleanliness? this is what I do. When we go for groceries on our first day I buy a small container of bleach. I fill the tub and put some bleach in and run the jets for a while. Drain it and refill run jets to make sure no bleach is left. Maybe it doesn't completely clean it of any cooties left from the previous user, but at least in my head it helps.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
Parents usually want bathtubs to bathe kids in.

Back in 2009, I turned on a jetted tub at Marriott Grande Vista. What happened next was one of the most shocking and disgusting things I have ever seen at a timeshare.

I NEVER use jetted tubs at family-friendly resorts anymore.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use them a lot.

If you were referring to cleanliness? this is what I do. When we go for groceries on our first day I buy a small container of bleach. I fill the tub and put some bleach in and run the jets for a while. Drain it and refill run jets to make sure no bleach is left. Maybe it doesn't completely clean it of any cooties left from the previous user, but at least in my head it helps.

That is a great idea! That is what resort staff did at MGV. They spent well over an hour, with chemicals, filling, running jets, and draining multiple times. The staff - 2 employees - acted as if this was a routine call and they do this all the time to clean tubs that haven't been used in a long time and start to 'rust'. All 3 of us stood there knowing this wasn't rust, and it probably never is.

l2trade

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have my own checklist for each vacation. I need to ensure the refrigerator works before grocery shopping because the time I came back with a weeks groceries to a broken fridge. I need to ensure the shower drain works because the hours I spent one morning, half naked, waiting for maintenance to roto the drain. I check for roach/mouse bait traps accidentally left behind in the unit and/or signs of ants before bringing in my luggage - two separate incidents. The bait traps we caught right away and demanded a different villa, so no telling whether the baiting job was still a work in progress or not. The ant situation cut another vacation short. We noticed it at first check-but the number of ants seemed quite minor at first. Then the ant situation quickly escalated by midweek to the point where we all just wanted to drive home.

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
Presley I was wondering the same thing this week. I don't remember ever using one of those master bedroom tubs ever but we also have one (a clean one) at home. We do like the other regular tub for our child. I LOVE how Surfwatch has a 5 jet master shower and saw another Marriott is converting to the shower. I couldn't get my 6-year-old out of the "car wash." Hopefully more Marriotts include these awesome showers in the future.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I tried a jetted tub at Coronado Beach Resort, just to say I did it. Total waste of my time and their water. Temp was cold by the time it filled, and the jets were weak. So to answer the OP: No, I don't use tubs at timeshares.

Dave

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Always use the jetted tubs. Highlight of the trip

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The unit we had at Mountain Side Lodge in Whistler had a 2 person jetted tub. It was set up so that the two people would sit next together but facing each other. We used it all the time and we only went in the month of August. It was very relaxing and quite soothing (we took our bikes up with us each trip and really looked forward to that tub. Having said all of this, the unit was HUGE!!!
It took up more room than our queen size bed.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We also run bleach through the jets before using the tubs.

We also had a terrible experience at the Marriott's Grande Vista resort, with these cornflake-sized pieces of gunk coming out of the jets, even after running the bleach through them, not just once, but three different times.

The housekeeping staff brought some product that should have cleaned the jets out completely, but after two times, there were still flakes of ick coming out of the jets. I believe I wrote a review of that experience.

Marriott's staff was very kind and placed us in a newer area, even moving our things for us. They also gave us a Marriott credit, which we used at the burger place by the pool and also at Nick's for a hot breakfast. Above and beyond.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have my own checklist for each vacation. I need to ensure the refrigerator works before grocery shopping because the time I came back with a weeks groceries to a broken fridge. I need to ensure the shower drain works because the hours I spent one morning, half naked, waiting for maintenance to roto the drain. I check for roach/mouse bait traps accidentally left behind in the unit and/or signs of ants before bringing in my luggage - two separate incidents. The bait traps we caught right away and demanded a different villa, so no telling whether the baiting job was still a work in progress or not. The ant situation cut another vacation short. We noticed it at first check-but the number of ants seemed quite minor at first. Then the ant situation quickly escalated by midweek to the point where we all just wanted to drive home.

I'm putting bringing you along on all my vacations at the top of my checklist. I'd love to be as organized as you.

Love the bleach idea that several of you posted. I bring a spray cleaner and Chlorox wipes, but didn't think about running bleach through the jets. If I ever decide to use the tub, I'll run some bleach through first.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I have a jetted tub at home and never even use that. Don't like baths, don't even care much for hot tubs. There is something about soaking in my own dirt that bothers me. ;) I love showers. I've been noticing in the last few places we've stayed that have had the bathrooms redone and they are going to the "open" showers, no door or curtain.

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shower!

We almost always take a shower, can't remember when we have used the tub.

senorak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Always take a bath...whether it's a jacuzzi tub or regular tub. Love to relax in a hot bath w/ a magazine or good book. Really missed my bath when on our European trip....as both the apartment in London and the TS outside Paris, (Royal Regency), only had showers.

Deb

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
On our trip last week to Las Vegas we did not use the tub, but we also did not use the steam feature in the shower..... We did let our grandkids and their mother use the jetted tub last Dec. at Myrtle Beach....... Dave

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I rarely use them but we went to Westgate Villas in Orlando one year and the kids filled up the tub and went swimming at midnight.

They turned on the jets before the tub was completely full and sprayed the whole room with water.

They thought it was the highlight of the trip. :hysterical:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I rarely use them but we went to Westgate Villas in Orlando one year and the kids filled up the tub and went swimming at midnight.

They turned on the jets before the tub was completely full and sprayed the whole room with water.

They thought it was the highlight of the trip. :hysterical:

Uhhh...most resorts ask you not to use the jets after 10 pm or so... ;)

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Even in your own room?

Yes - they are loud, and clearly heard through the wall - I have been waken up by it. On our recent trip to Bonnet Creek, I think they had a sign posted by the tub.

Last edited:

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I heard once ( I think from TS housekeeping) that you can fill it up and pour in DW detergent to clean it, as well. We rarely use one in a TS, as we have one at home. I recall one TS that did away with jacuzzi tubs when they renovated. I am surprised that more have not gone to just a large soaking tub.

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
On our trip last week to Las Vegas we did not use the tub, but we also did not use the steam feature in the shower..... We did let our grandkids and their mother use the jetted tub last Dec. at Myrtle Beach....... Dave

Which resort has a steam feature in the shower in Vegas?

Mamianka

TUG Member
Reaction score
I heard once ( I think from TS housekeeping) that you can fill it up and pour in DW detergent to clean it, as well. We rarely use one in a TS, as we have one at home. I recall one TS that did away with jacuzzi tubs when they renovated. I am surprised that more have not gone to just a large soaking tub.

I am a *Shower* person and DH is a bath person. We do NOT run the whirlpool jets - if I want that experience, I use the ones near the pool, outdoors or indoors; more people see them and use thenm, and then would insist that they are CLEAN. I watch Hotel Impossible with Anthony Melchiorri, and even though we are both clean freaks, watching this show makes you even MORE vigilant. We were also told that when bathroom and units are done over, the jetted tubs are going to be replaced by soakers. since few people use them, compared to the amount of attention they get (or NEED to get - or SHOULD get) by cleaning staff. Betcha *they* rejoice, too! Since I had one knee replaced, and another will be in my future eventually, we are going to put in a walk-in Jacuzzi tub in the master bath. So I will have less attraction to any whirlpools when on vacation - just like massage. My insurance covers a generous amount of massages, so I never get one when away - my own MT knows the real estate and the issues, so I get one before I leave, and another when I get home. DH seldom wants to go out for Italian food when we are away, either, unless the place is really raved about - again, he gets better at home. Polish girls can learn to cook anything, I guess . . .We got for the NEW experiences when away - and seldom go for longer than 2 weeks, because we love our own home, too.

M