• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sell my timeshare now

sinoffam01

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at selling a week at Crystal Beach (II) and Georgian Mannor (RCI points). The last thread on Sell My Timeshare Now was several years ago. Any comments?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at selling a week at Crystal Beach (II) and Georgian Mannor (RCI points). The last thread on Sell My Timeshare Now was several years ago. Any comments?

Have you considered trying to sell them here?

PS TimeshareNation has 4 Georgian Manor contracts listed free, no closing, including one with 35,000 RCI points, and a Crystal Beach Club Week 32 Fixed. This indicates to me that they may not sell for any considerable money.....I will say that "giving them away" on TUG, even paying the closing costs for the buyer, would be cheaper than any reseller will charge to do it for you, even if they are legitimate.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
noone on TUG will ever suggest paying upfront fees to sell or rent your timeshare is a good idea.

should check out the how to sell article here

http://sell.tug2.net

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
When we were looking to buy another week, we looked at listings in TUG, but ended up buying one from a listing on RedWeek.com. It only costs $15/year to become a member so you can make a listing.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last thread on Sell My Timeshare Now was several years ago. Any comments?

Well unless SMTN has drastically reduced its listing fee since then, most here on TUG recommend not using SMTN. You can list for a lot cheaper here on TUG. Other cheaper options are Red Week, E-Bay, My Resort Network, Craigslist, etc.

As Ty1on has pointed out, some similar to yours are being offered as giveaways and, hence, appear to have about zero resale value. That being the case, another option would be to ask the resort to take it back. The resort might charge you closing costs but at least you can get rid of it in a legal and ethical way.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never used SMTN but my understanding is that they are the biggest timeshare broker in the marketplace today. So, they seem to have an effective sales and marketing department. I do think their website is pretty decent.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I've never used SMTN but my understanding is that they are the biggest timeshare broker in the marketplace today. So, they seem to have an effective sales and marketing department. I do think their website is pretty decent.

This is the deal - they charge a high upfront fee - and with those prices, it's obvious that a lot of those listings are never going to sell.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
also if I recall correctly they also leave listings up permanently....if we did that we'd have more than 150 thousand ads =)

there is however no doubt that they lead the industry in marketing to sellers!