• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Purchase

suzyq1

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows why it takes Wyndham 6-9 weeks to make transfer of ownership for timeshare purchase. The deed is recorded and transfer fees are paid. I need to request the week for next year and I am afraid because of the length of time that I may lose the week I want. Anyone have any thoughts or advice?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You will be lucky if they get it done in that timeframe! I had one recently that took 6 mos. from beginning to end. They are simply in no hurry.

pottsiepa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our deed was recorded June 29th and they said 4-6 weeks when I called. It is odd, today I received an email from them today welcoming me as a Wyndham member but still nothing from them with my membership # etc. I am going to call them tomorrow.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our deed was recorded June 29th and they said 4-6 weeks when I called. It is odd, today I received an email from them today welcoming me as a Wyndham member but still nothing from them with my membership # etc. I am going to call them tomorrow.

You are lucky to have gotten a letter at all! Calling to get the details is always a good plan of action, especially once you are into the 5th week. Give them the contract number, and if it is in your name, they'll give you your membership number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pottsiepa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called Wyndham this morning and got my member number. Took less than 4 weeks!:)

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
It amuses me that W has taken so long to do this simple member transfer that now people are happy when it takes "only" four weeks.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brightest egg theory

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You made me go and look up "brightest egg theory" and the sole google result was a linkng back here :rofl:

May I ask what this means? I've never heard of it before.

pottsiepa

TUG Member
Reaction score
It amuses me that W has taken so long to do this simple member transfer that now people are happy when it takes "only" four weeks.

So glad I was able to amuse you. However, this is my first purchase so yes I am very excited to get started.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Showing my age used to candle eggs lets just say u don't want to find them

antjmar

Reaction score
So glad I was able to amuse you. However, this is my first purchase so yes I am very excited to get started.
I've purchased several and I'd be happy to have mine transferred in 4 weeks.:)
I have 2 more pending we hall see how long they take...

I think his point was they take way too long to do something relatively
simple.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

I think his point was they take way too long to do something relatively
simple.

Thank you, that is what I was implying. It takes them so long for something seemingly simple we are glad when it gets done "only" four times longer than it probably should.

It was not directed at pottsiepa

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
And why does it the same time regardless of whether they are CWA or CWP? CWA should be fast.

You expect logic? It is Wyndham ... whatever they tell you, just remember, their lips will be moving.

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
And why does it the same time regardless of whether they are CWA or CWP? CWA should be fast.

CWA is fast due to the lack of deed prep and recording PRIOR to the paperwork being sent to Wyndham. Once it is at Wyndham, I suspect a CWA package just gets in line with all the other CWP/other packages and are handled sequentially. It would be an interesting case study in queuing models to see how they do it and how it can be optimized, both for time and even cost (to Wyndham).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

schiff1997

TUG Member
Reaction score
My new points contract posted today so that's 4 weeks from the time Wyndham received the deed and fee

Ryanleh

Reaction score
Insight into my parent transferring to me...

My parents would like to "Give" me a timeshare. I would have to pay the $981 yearly fee and $75 monthly fee and I guess that is all..... They said this would give me 154,000 point that I would use. The timeshare is at Wyndham Resort at Fairfield Sapphire Valley. They buy this back in 1989 and are too old to travel that much anymore...

I don't even know where to start or if this is something that is worth the price or is this outdated... I know nothing and need a place to start.

My wife is against... She is like $2000 a year. I can get a hotel and go anyplace thee times a year and still not spend that much money... Does she have a point?

Confused... Please help...

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think yoûr math is off its $75.00 per month not both.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The numbers don't add up. Doing some quick math the cost would either come to approximately $981 yearly fee or approximately $75 monthly fee. It should not be both. If one of those amounts is a loan/mortgage then walk away, don't take it.