• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NBA Back - Back Titles So What

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
There have been six (6) NBA teams that have won back-to-back titles.
They are the Miami Heat, L.A. Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Houston Rockets Detroit Pistons and the Boston Celtics.

But and I mean But there is one franchise that won Eight (8) consectivities NBA titles. That team is the Boston Celtics with eight consectivities titles from 1959-1966. The team was lead by the greatest center in the history of the NBA with eleven NBA Titles.

That man is Bill Russell ( jersy number six 6).

I am a Celtics fan.

jmurp62

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
The quality of player is diluted

I agree with Pedro, and yes I am a Celtics fan. There are far too many teams which translates to MANY players in the league who never would have made it back in the day. In 1972 there were 17 teams. In 2013 there were 30. With teams allowed 12 active players this means there are 360 more players who make the cut these days.

IMHO, the NBA has become a one man, gimme the ball and get outta my way game. Again, back in the day, the NBA played more of a team game. Now, some teams need 5 balls to satisfy their so-called superstars. These days I will watch the NBA but prefer the college games, which are becoming more like the NBA selfish games every day.

That said, I do give credit to LeBron (as much as it hurts to say it, lol). He is definitely a great player and the Heat have been playing more of a team game in the last few years. I would like to see more teams get back into the fundamentals of the game. Pass the ball, set pick and rolls, pass the ball again, and again, lol. As they say, there is no I in team.

In closing, I grew up in the "Gahden" and paid as little as $5 a game for obstructed view seats. SO what if a rat or other animal dropped in your lap or scurried across your feet, it was the "Gahden".

I paid $25 a ticket for the fifth game of the finals, the year Moses said his Rockets would win in fo-fo-fo. That wasn't gonna happen! I watched the news at 6 the night Danny AInge was signed by Red (RIP) and was at the game before tipoff at 7. I think we paid $6 for a ticket. I love basketball and I love my Celtics!! If you wanna see basketball at its finest check out the 1986 Boston Celtics games. They were the epitome of a basketball TEAM and IMHO the best of all time. Thank you very much!!!

Oh yea, Go Bruins!!!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
But in an era of "it's all about me" . . . for them to have won twice in a row, is impressive to me. I'm just sorry LaBron James was on the team that has done it most recently.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Like him or not, I have to admire what LaBron was able to do.

The year that Jordon took off (after the first three peat), the Bulls still won 55 games. That is a much better supporting cast than LaBron had in this year's finals. I doubt that Miami (without LaBron) could have won more than 40 (unless Dwayne Wade suddenly found the fountain of youth and could play like he did five years ago).

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I usually don't respond to "haters gonna hate" threads --- but --- Mr. James said it very eloquently when he said (to paraphrase) he's just a kid from Akron and every day he has the job he has he is blessed.

I'll bet none of you can hit a three consistently OR dunk!!!!!

:cool:

suzanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm very glad LeBron chose to come to Miami. He is not only a great athlete but he and the rest of the Heat Team give back to the community that supports them. The foundations that they support help children from all over South Florida. Plus Dwayne Wade supports charities in his home town of Chicago and LeBron does in his hometown of Cleveland. That says a lot more about the type of people they are, than what they do on the basketball court.

Suzanne

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
I usually don't respond to "haters gonna hate" threads --- but --- Mr. James said it very eloquently when he said (to paraphrase) he's just a kid from Akron and every day he has the job he has he is blessed.

I'll bet none of you can hit a three consistently OR dunk!!!!!

:cool:

I hit at least three golf balls into the woods per round AND I dunk my Oreo cookies in milk!!!! Impressed ?!?!?!?:p

I'm never a fan of a team buying up free agents regardless of the sport. James is a great athlete who brought it when it counts...Impressive even though I wanted Duncan to win his 5th title.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are far too many teams which translates to MANY players in the league who never would have made it back in the day. In 1972 there were 17 teams. In 2013 there were 30. With teams allowed 12 active players this means there are 360 more players who make the cut these days

Blah blah blah! Yes, there are probably too many teams, but the players today are far more athletic then "back in the day". It's actually the opposite of what you said. I think pretty much all the players in today's NBA could make a roster "back in the day" and probably only half of the players "back in the day" could make an NBA roster today.

The money has gotten so big today that the training and athletecism is through the roof and so much better then "back in the day". "Back in the day" most players had to have second jobs in the offseason just to make ends meat. You also didn't have the international factor "back in the day". The talent pool now is truly global and is no longer restricted to the US.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was a lot easier to dominate before free agency, salary caps, luxury taxes, etc.

Comparing apples to oranges...........

jmurp62

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
Sorry to have an opinion

Rick,
No, I cannot hit a 3 consistently and haha on the dunk, no way, too old and feeble. I did not reply to be a hater. If you look I did give credit to LeBron or if you wish, Mr James. I was just thinking back to when Bball was a team game and I am happy to see the Heat realizing it takes a team to win it all.

Roger, I do admire or respect the game of LeBron James. He is definitely a great player, I'm just not a fan. I wasn't a fan of Magic or the Doc either but still have mad respect for them.

Suzanne, I love that the Heat do give back. Most teams do these days and its great to help the local and worldwide communities.

Clemson, I respectfully disagree. The players of yore did have to work in the off season to support their familes'. The athletes would dig in harder to win because of this. How often does an NBA player follow his shot these days? How many times is a travel or carry allowed? The game was better.

I made these observations based on my experience. Sorry for having an opinion. Guess we aren't allowed that even these days. SHeesh
Murf

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm very glad LeBron chose to come to Miami. He is not only a great athlete but he and the rest of the Heat Team give back to the community that supports them. The foundations that they support help children from all over South Florida. Plus Dwayne Wade supports charities in his home town of Chicago and LeBron does in his hometown of Cleveland. That says a lot more about the type of people they are, than what they do on the basketball court.

Suzanne

Good to hear positive words on LaBron from someone his the community down there. Frankly, I think all athletes are expected to give back to their communities . . . both where they play and where they grew up. It just comes with the job.

That said, I think LaBron's handling of his free agency and his public persona that most people (like me) see has not been the best publicity for the guy. I will admit I tuned him out as he was leaving Cleveland and negotiating to go to Miami.

Sorry if I came across as a "hater" because I'll admit when it comes to the NBA, I am just a fan watching from the distance with no personal or first hand info or involvement.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Surprised people still follow the nba.

I have been turned off for a bunch of reasons.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Surprised people still follow the nba.

I have been turned off for a bunch of reasons.

For me, a Game 7 in the NBA Finals is right below the Super Bowl of my favorite sports to watch. I really enjoyed watching the series this year (even though I was actually pulling for the Spurs).

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
For me, a Game 7 in the NBA Finals is right below the Super Bowl of my favorite sports to watch. I really enjoyed watching the series this year (even though I was actually pulling for the Spurs).

Everyone likes different things.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started this thread to talk about the best NBA franchise in the history of the NBA. The Boston Celtics and not to knock any current individual player playing in the NBA.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I started this thread to talk about the best NBA franchise in the history of the NBA. The Boston Celtics and not to knock any current individual player playing in the NBA.

I don't think you can discuss "the best" team (Celtics) or player (Bill Russell) without expecting it to become a comparison, especially since you did compare the current team (Miami Heat) to your beloved Celtics.

It was a natural progression (or digression) to be expected.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can discuss "the best" team (Celtics) or player (Bill Russell) without expecting it to become a comparison, especially since you did compare the current team (Miami Heat) to your beloved Celtics.

Sorry!! You are so right. I get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score

Best team? Showtime!
Next Best? 72-10
Neeeext Best? Fo,Fo,Fo (Dr. J !!!!!)

Then the Celtics

If the heat win 2 MORE they might be reckoned in the top 5

:banana:

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score

Then I would suggest you change the title to "best franchise ever - Celtics"

Not "NBA Back - Back Titles So What" :)

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then I would advise you not to be so surprised then... :)

To me the NBA as a whole and the players are a joke. Other sports have them but basketball has by far the most.

How many players are selfish, been arrested and or broke shortly after retirement?

I understand people watch it but I do not know why they would want to.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
To me the NBA as a whole and the players are a joke. Other sports have them but basketball has by far the most.

How many players are selfish, been arrested and or broke shortly after retirement?

I understand people watch it but I do not know why they would want to.

Actually statistically the NFL is the worst by far when it comes to arrests. This even holds up when you correct for the respective numbers of players in each league.

I'm not a Heat fan and am actually a Knicks fan. However, I can't stand Carmelo and JR Smith. I'm a big fan of Lebron. I think he's done amazingly well considering all the expectations he's had placed on him at a very early age. He comes from a broken and poor family and he's never been in trouble with the law. Even "the decision" which people point to regarding their anger towards him raised 2 million dollars for children's charities.

Game 7 received a 17.7 share which is only 2nd to the Super Bowl. So, there were obviously a lot of people who tuned in.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
<<snipped>> Even "the decision" which people point to regarding their anger towards him raised 2 million dollars for children's charities. <<snipped>>

I didn't mean to come across as "angry" about or towards LaBron . . . I just don't care for him, that's all. Just like I don't care much for GB Packers' "hero" Brett Favre after how he handled himself with his career decision(s).

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score

Even the Celtics had to start their streak with the first two championships. Time will show how long the Miami streak will last. Odds are against Miami because it is harder for a team to keep a core together for a long run then it used to be.