• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Credit card

riverdees05

TUG Member
Reaction score
How many points does it take for an exchange on my RCI - MBNA
credit card?

riverside

TUG Member
Reaction score
go to www.rcieliterwards.rci.com for all of their redemption information. I think this is what you need:

Welcome to the RCI Reward Items redemption page, where you can truly make the most of your RCI Subscribing Membership. We'd like to tell you about two new RCI redemption products, RCI Member DollarsSM credits and the RCI Resort DollarsSM card:
RCI Member DollarsSM credits is a flexible and easy way to pay for RCI products and services (excluding RCI Travel). When you redeem for RCI Member Dollars, you will receive a credit to your RCI membership account that lets you pay for any RCI product or service including Membership Renewal, Exchange Fees and more. Once redeemed, simply call RCI Member Services to apply your RCI Member DollarsSM credits for RCI products and services. Weeks members: 1-800-338-7777 and Reward members: 1-800-968-7476.

RCI Member Dollar Reward Items Rewards Required Member Dollars
3,500 $25
7,000 $50
10,500 $75
13,500 $100
25,000 $200
48,000 $400

Last edited:

rkd

Reaction score
RCI Credit card is our main card. You do get "bonus points" for RCI transactions made with the card.

THIS IS UNLIKE THE DISNEY CREDIT CARD WHERE YOU GET NO BONUS POINTS FOR DISNEY TRANSACTIONS.

In the years we have had it we have paid for exchanges and RCI membership with no problems. And, you can monitor your credit card points online.

Regina

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
The link provided above should give you a site where you can register. I don't know it that way because I click to it from RCI.com.

Since MBNA devalued this premium when interest rates fell, the value of it has been running very low, less than 1%. We have discussed this with Madge and got the typical RCI-speak in response.

When interest rates fell a few years back, MBNA increased the number of points needed for an exchange significantly, without notice, and with considerable arrogance. An exchange had been 10000 points and they first increased it to 20000. When they did that we had 19800 and enough pending from the previous month's charges to put us over 20000.

A bunch of us from here complained to them. What they did for us is to let us have one exchange for 10000. That left 9800 in our account and they required 20000 for the next exchange.

Crappy customer service like that leaves an indelible impression.

This card is now owned by Bank of America and they have not made an attempt to make the premium higher, more in line with current interest rates. I have not taken that up with them yet as I am having enough trouble just getting converted over to the BOA website.

You cannot use credits from this card (or any other credits in your RCI account) for on-line transactions, and for a reason yet to be explained, you cannot even see credits in your account from this card online. You somehow have to remember you have it, or trust a Guide (the weakest link) to tell you you have a credit.

How do you monitor your points on line?

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
riverdees,

Please let me know if, after receiving the information provided here by fellow Tuggers, you have additional questions.

Currently, our mainframe database is unable to calculate whether sufficient fees are in an account to cover the number of active searches. Until this functionality is added, our website will not detect fees that were not paid online. It will require a mammoth investment in programming hours to add this functionality, which we do plan to commit; however, I don't have an ETA at this point.