• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] Anyone heard of Vacation Ownership Group?

DCGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
received a call from Constantin B., VOgroup,net,
Vacation Ownership Group
2900 Fire Rd suite 101
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
toll free 800-381-9469 ext 136
fax 800-537-2407
website www.vogroup.net

claiming that they can recover money from Wyndham for fraudulent sales practices on a contingency basis (10%) and no up front fees.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
These recovery groups are the newest TS scam. Most of them have no attorneys working for them and all they provide is some form letters for you to send off, and then they want 10% of what you recover.

That's at best - at worst they are going to hit you with an upfront fee after they get you hooked.

J

judyvog

[SHILL] Vacation Ownership Group

[Please note that former TUG user, "Judy" registered with a Vacation Ownership Group email address and is an employee of the company. Promoting your own company on TUG is strictly forbidden. - DeniseM Moderator]

I can tell you this is a legitimate group and they do a good job for their clients which number in the thousands now.
Also, they have an attorney on staff as well as a staff of close to 40 consultants and administrative employees. You should check out their website. As a Timeshare Consulting Firm I can assure you they are legitimate and reputable--and they do what they say they will do and have many clients who are willing to give testimonials on their behalf.
Not all timeshare companies are scams. There are some who are legitimate, reputable companies. Do your homework, ask questions and find your own truth. This company is not a scam.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
received a call from Constantin B., VOgroup,net,
Vacation Ownership Group
2900 Fire Rd suite 101
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
toll free 800-381-9469 ext 136
fax 800-537-2407
website www.vogroup.net

claiming that they can recover money from Wyndham for fraudulent sales practices on a contingency basis (10%) and no up front fees.

Despite the glowing recommendation, with zero bakup, above I'd recommend to stay away form this group. The simple fact that hey contacted YOU is a big red flag. The rest fits the scam "recovery" model that has been cropping up lately perfectly as well.

Unless you can find and verify some of those "many clients who are willing to give testimonials in their behalf" I wouldn't give them a dime. Unless you are willing to lose it on top f whatever else you've spent as that is almost certain to be the outcome.

Use your best judgment but the fact that you posted the question shows you're rightfully suspicious and you should. Proceed at big risk to your wallet.

DCGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Owenership Group- Update

Great advice Tuggers. After spending 45 minutes on the phone with these bozos and their repeated assurance that there would be no upfront fee (they said they receive a 10% share of recovered funds), they sent me a contract-
here's the relevant section...
1. SCOPE OF SERVICE
VOG, in consideration for the compensation paid by CUSTOMER under this Agreement, agrees to provide the following products and services:
VOG shall utilize any and all documents and information supplied by CUSTOMER, including, but not limited to, CUSTOMER’S purchase agreement(s) and/or contract(s) and verified testimony, for a flat fee of $ per timeshare contract, for a total sum of $.00, in order to compile an individual case file specifically tailored to the CUSTOMER’S situation and produce the necessary documentation in order to help facilitate the termination of CUSTOMER’S timeshare agreement(s) and/or contract(s) to purchase a timeshare, vacation club, vacation ownership, etc. [/B][/COLOR]In addition, VOG will use every effort permitted under New Jersey and Federal Law to aid in the recovery of any disputed past payments made by the CUSTOMER on account of the CUSTOMER’S timeshare agreement(s) and/or contract(s).
VOG shall provide and help transmit all the cancellation documentation to the specific timeshare developer in question on behalf of the CUSTOMER. Upon verification of receipt of the documentation by said timeshare developer, VOG shall continue to send any and all necessary documentation on behalf of the CUSTOMER through to resolution of the cancellation. This shall include all the necessary follow up work, assistance in negotiations along with the utilization of any and all means at VOG’S disposal, including, but not limited to, corroborating testimonies from past customers, proprietary data of patterns and trends established by VOG, and correspondences with any necessary government agencies including, but not limited to, the Federal Trade Commission, the respective state’s Attorney General’s Office, the Department of Real Estate, PROFECO, and any other useful media resources.
It is hereby acknowledged and understood that the scope of services VOG will render can not have a date certain as to when CUSTOMER’S timeshare contract(s) and/or agreement(s) may be cancelled. CUSTOMER hereby acknowledges and understands that the term of this Agreement can not be determined due to the uncertainty as to when a specific timeshare contract(s) and/or agreement(s) may be cancelled.
2. COMPENSATION
As set forth above and in consideration of VOG’S services, VOG shall bill CUSTOMER a flat fee of $ per timeshare contract, for a total sum of $.00, for the services rendered. CUSTOMER shall be required to pay an initial deposit fee of (the “Deposit”). Upon receipt of the Deposit, the Deposit shall be considered earned by VOG in consideration of VOG reserving and/or committing time to be available in assisting the CUSTOMER, precluding the acceptance of other CUSTOMERS or other employment, all reasonable expenses, along with VOG’S service of researching and developing all of the proprietary data and information necessary to initiate the contract termination process. The Deposit is only refundable according to the terms of VOG’S warranty and refund policies set forth at Section 17 below.

What a joke!!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Recieved call from the individual who is mentioned in the first post who requested his last name removed from the post (which I have done)

I found it interesting that he originally claimed that he didnt work for this company as the reason why he wanted his name removed. When I pointed out that the caller id identified the number he was calling from as "VO Group"...he claimed he was simply at the location.

draw your own conclusions.

anyway, per our rule of always removing personal info at users request, i have removed his last name from the first post despite the obvious irony of the situation!

Last edited:

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When is a deposit nothing more than a fee? Well, here's one case as an example..

As set forth above and in consideration of VOG’S services, VOG shall bill CUSTOMER a flat fee of $ per timeshare contract, for a total sum of $.00, for the services rendered. CUSTOMER shall be required to pay an initial deposit fee of (the “Deposit”). Upon receipt of the Deposit, the Deposit shall be considered earned by VOG in consideration of VOG reserving and/or committing time to be available in assisting the CUSTOMER, precluding the acceptance of other CUSTOMERS or other employment, all reasonable expenses, along with VOG’S service of researching and developing all of the proprietary data and information necessary to initiate the contract termination process. The Deposit is only refundable according to the terms of VOG’S warranty and refund policies set forth at Section 17 below.

What a joke!!

That section certainly spells out the very definition of "upfront fee" to these eyes. How can it be a "deposit" when "the Deposit shall be considered earned by VOG in consideration of VOG reserving and/or committing time to be available in assisting the CUSTOMER..." - in other words the moment they take the "deposit" it has been "earned" and will not be refunded! A joke is right except it's no joke when it's your money they are keeping.

Stay away from this group and any like them.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Not to mention that "Judy" registered with her work email address at Vacation Ownership Group! :hysterical:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned home from a great trip and found a message on our answering machine. This one got my attention...

This was a man telling me he was from Vacation Ownership Group and that there had been several complaints against my Wyndham account and they need to be "resolved or deleted"!

Well, I know of no such "complaints". We pay all our bills and have had no problems at any resorts. So, what the heck?

It's Sunday and he says he won't be in the office until Tuesday... well, that gives me time to do some research and I find this report on my wonderful TUG forum. Now at least I know that he must be lying about a problem about our account. Has he been taking lessons from the Wyndham sales force?

I can call Wyndham to make sure everything is okay tomorrow. Then I can forget to call this bozo back.

Oh, Mr. Charles Bayner or Vainer (not sure what his name is) wants me to call 1-800-381-9469 extention 124. He works from 1 to 8 PM.

Now that I know what he's up to... I think NOT!

Thank you fellow TUGgers :) Your discussion has put my anxiety to rest.

RissieJ

Reaction score
[Please note that former TUG user, "Judy" registered with a Vacation Ownership Group email address and is an employee of the company. Promoting your own company on TUG is strictly forbidden. - DeniseM Moderator]

I can tell you this is a legitimate group and they do a good job for their clients which number in the thousands now.
Also, they have an attorney on staff as well as a staff of close to 40 consultants and administrative employees. You should check out their website. As a Timeshare Consulting Firm I can assure you they are legitimate and reputable--and they do what they say they will do and have many clients who are willing to give testimonials on their behalf.
Not all timeshare companies are scams. There are some who are legitimate, reputable companies. Do your homework, ask questions and find your own truth. This company is not a scam.

To this guy saying what a great comp this is.. http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/busin...s/vo-group-in-egg-harbor-township-nj-90072424 they are F rated with the bbb..good company! Yeah right!!! TONS of complaints!

Last edited:
Reaction score
VO Group, Vacation Select Services & Resort Owner Resolutions - ALL SCAMS

The above companies are all affiliated. They are all scam companies, deceiving timeshare owners.

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons I LOVE TUG!!!

Talk about being hoist by their own petard... :)
Anyone looking for info on the internet about this SCAM company will find this thread and can draw their own conclusions. :clap: :clap:

AdamLasquirta

Reaction score
vacation ownership group aka vo scam llc

This company is "F" rated with the BBB and their Vice President is a convicted bank robber. They are also under FEDERAL INVESTIGATION. YES THE FBI You should contact the New Jersey Attorney Generals Office for more info :deadhorse:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A gentle suggestion: Using a huge font and all Caps is considered shouting on the internet, so I reduced the size of your font.

Believe me - we are on your side! :hi:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This company is "F" rated with the BBB and their Vice President is a convicted bank robber. They are also under FEDERAL INVESTIGATION. YES THE FBI You should contact the New Jersey Attorney Generals Office for more info :deadhorse:

Actually, They are rated D-. Owners are Adam and Ashley Lacerda. Are you saying Ashley is a convicted bank robber? What facts do you have for that?

Interesting story about the owners. Seems someone tried to break into their home. Story doesn't say if the suspects owned timeshares :D

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Couple-Fights-Off-Pizza-Intruder--123106408.html

If I was scamming people, I would be worried about people coming looking for me....

mrpickle

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jasmine658

TUG Member
Reaction score
NEVER work with an LLC, ONLY A REALTOR!!!

LLCs are set up for a reason - LIMITED LIABILITY entrepreneurs who don't feel any need to be responsible for your money. If feel like bailing out, they will because they can (or think they can).

Work only with a licensed Realtor in state where property is located. If a website does not include first and last names of the individuals that run the company, plan on it being a scam and soon to be out of business running off with your money.

Wow, have I learned my lesson the hard way working with an LLC that just closed its doors and departed a few months ago (Dec 2011) with over $7000 of my money. Now have to work with city police & state Attorney Generals.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
LLCs are set up for a reason - LIMITED LIABILITY entrepreneurs who don't feel any need to be responsible for your money.
There are many reasons for setting up an LLC. For example, I have been providing consulting services through my LLC for almost ten years. Also many large construction projects for which construction firms form project teams - such as freeways, bridges, water treatment plants, etc. - are built using LLCs.

In fact, there is nothing regarding limiting liability through an LLC that can't also be done though a conventional corporation. In fact, if anything a conventional corporation is an even better mechanism for evading personal liability than is an LLC.

drguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
The phone number used is a recycling company. They claimed that I had complained about my Wyndham purchase; I have never owned a Wyndham timeshare...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LLCs are set up for a reason - LIMITED LIABILITY entrepreneurs who don't feel any need to be responsible for your money. If feel like bailing out, they will because they can (or think they can).

Work only with a licensed Realtor in state where property is located.

LLC's in themselves are not inherently "evil" - a Realtor could be an LLC as well. Setting up one's business as an LLC or corporation is an accepted business practice. It is not the way to determine if a business is ethical or not...

mboxm2415

Reaction score
The only thing I can add to this is that Vacation Ownership Group, or VO Financial as I believe they are now known, did handle a deed replacement for us and for the most part did what they said they were going to do.
The downside to this is that they told us the process would take 90 days. Then 120 days then 150 days. When they finally washed their hands of it we were 200 days in and unable to book timeshare time during that time. To their credit they did arrange for a 3 day stay in April of 2012 after I pissed and moaned to them, when I could actually speak to someone, that our TS was essentially useless due to their ineptness.
Also, we ended up with more TS points than we had before or needed which of course meant more maintenance costs. I am still trying to get that resolved so like I said, they did what they said they would do FOR THE MOST PART.
During the time we were dealing with them they were damn near impossible to get on the phone and Lauren Miller and Ian Resnick both failed to return calls repeatedly or to even take calls.
Finally in September I got an email from Lauren Miller all lovey dovey asking if we were satisfied with them. Of course my response, which wasn't overly positive went unanswered.
If I had to do it again I would just hire a realtor.