• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Anyone heard of Heartland Transfer, LLC (2012)

jkkinder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Help I need information! I've had yet another call from a company claiming to be able to immediately transfer my timeshare out of my name for a mere $4195! Accompanied by all kinds of guarantees & will allow fee to be paid by credit card (which would allow me to dispute the charges if they don't perform?)
I have googled both the names of the principals & the company with no complaints presenting. I have contacted the Indiana Atorrney General & they are legitmate LLC in the state. I have requested information on complaints, scams, etc from the Indiana Attorney General office on consumer complaints but have received no information as yet.

Is there anywhere else I can check on this company? Please don't tell me to list on TUG- already did that months ago with no takers offering to sell for $1 or give away - pay transfer fees & they can use the 2012 fee! No takers on EBAY - I'm out of options & need some kind of solution? Any input would be appreciated.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Help I need information! I've had yet another call from a company claiming to be able to immediately transfer my timeshare out of my name for a mere $4195! Accompanied by all kinds of guarantees & will allow fee to be paid by credit card (which would allow me to dispute the charges if they don't perform?)
I have googled both the names of the principals & the company with no complaints presenting. I have contacted the Indiana Atorrney General & they are legitmate LLC in the state. I have requested information on complaints, scams, etc from the Indiana Attorney General office on consumer complaints but have received no information as yet.

Is there anywhere else I can check on this company? Please don't tell me to list on TUG- already did that months ago with no takers offering to sell for $1 or give away - pay transfer fees & they can use the 2012 fee! No takers on EBAY - I'm out of options & need some kind of solution? Any input would be appreciated.

Havent looked this company up yet but instead of paying them $4195 you might consider sweetening your TUG offer of "free" to free PLUS $2000. You may very well get some bites and if you are successful you will still be thousands ahead if you paid a company that may or may not do what they claim. At least with TUG YOU control the process.

jkkinder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard of Heartland Transfer,LLC

Havent looked this company up yet but instead of paying them $4195 you might consider sweetening your TUG offer of "free" to free PLUS $2000. You may very well get some bites and if you are successful you will still be thousands ahead if you paid a company that may or may not do what they claim. At least with TUG YOU control the process.

Well, I guess I could do that but it's starting to feel like just as big a scam as the timeshare resellers! I'm offering to give it away, pay transfer fees, give them the 2012 week & now I have to sweeten the deal with an additional $2000?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
What week and resort is it? I know moderators would think it's an ad, if you put it in this forum, but if I ask, I think it's okay. :ignore: Not sure.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess I could do that but it's starting to feel like just as big a scam as the timeshare resellers! I'm offering to give it away, pay transfer fees, give them the 2012 week & now I have to sweeten the deal with an additional $2000?

This was recommended in lieu of paying a start up limited liability corporation $ 4,200

These type of companies have been known to go out of business and the original owners have received a future maintenance fee bill, since the original company never recorded a transfer inti their name while trying to find a buyer/taker.

For a similar or lesser amount you can control the process and make sure the deed is recorded and the resort has changed the name on the account as well as the maintenance fee liability

We are not the scampers, just trying to protect you from them

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
What week and resort is it? I know moderators would think it's an ad, if you put it in this forum, but if I ask, I think it's okay. :ignore: Not sure.

:wall: Probably not, the OP could then receive an opinion based on the actual property vs generic posts, however at least 95% of the properties would fall in the same category :wall:

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You need to go no further than "They called me...". We know for a fact that is the number one key to a scam operation operating procedure. Take a look around here and you'll find plenty of threads where people received calls, asked us, went ahead despite warnings and lost the money they paid.

One of many posts on the subject.

DON'T DO IT! YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY IF YOU DO!. It is that simple.

jkkinder

TUG Member
Reaction score
Heartland Transfer

You need to go no further than "They called me...". We know for a fact that is the number one key to a scam operation operating procedure. Take a look around here and you'll find plenty of threads where people received calls, asked us, went ahead despite warnings and lost the money they paid.

One of many posts on the subject.

DON'T DO IT! YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY IF YOU DO!. It is that simple.

Yes, I have read all the threads & heard all the horror stories but have been unable to find information on these people? Why isn't there a source to check these people out?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Did a little digging on Heartland Transfer, LLC.

They are indeed listed with the state of Indiana. Been in business for about a 1 1/2 years.

They claim to have worked with over 32,000 timeshare owners but there is virtually NO info on the web about this company.

Their BBB file was created only in May 2012.

On their website they claim to transfer you out of your deed but don't say where they transfer it too (could be the "viking ship" business model which could potentialy leave you with some liability/risk).

They use the scare tactic about your timeshare being inherited by your children. That is FALSE. Here is the exact wording:

Q: I read somewhere that if I die while I still own a timeshare; my kids could get stuck with it. Is that true? What if they don’t want it?

A: In nearly every instance, a timeshare becomes an immediate part of your estate when you die. Your heirs will inherit your estate AND the timeshare, it’s Maintenance Fees, and any Special Assessments. In other words, your heirs will inherit your Liability! EVEN IF THEY DON’T WANT IT.

Summary: A relatively new company with very little web presence wanting $4200 of your money all for a promise from them.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Because they probably just set up shop under a new name after screwing prople under their old name

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have read all the threads & heard all the horror stories but have been unable to find information on these people? Why isn't there a source to check these people out?

Because they come & go like gnats - as soon as they get swatted they reappear with a new name. They hide their true identity on purpose. Don't waste your time trying to "find out" - they are 99.999% certain a scam. You have been clearly warned that this is not a way to go. If you insist on doing it you can say bye bye to whatever they manage to glean from your bank account. Why risk it? Why waste your time?

But you have to do whatever you feel is best, I understand that. Please let us know what it is as we do care. Good luck.

Flyguy1950

TUG Member
Reaction score
WHY?

Why look any further? If all of these people with way more knowledge than me are telling you NOT to continue, then why do it? They are just trying to keep you from making a bigger mistake than you already have. Money is an issue otherwise you would be using your TS rather than selling or giving it away and you want to give away more money? How many years of MF's will $4200 pay? If the anwer is several then you have at least that much time to rid yourself of it. If you came to TUG looking for answers and advice then use what is given. The people here at TUG may not tell you what you want to hear but at least it will be the truth. Trust me I have been there. They helped me so listen up and they will help you.

Bruce

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I PM'd her and got my answer

It's a Marriott Vail summer week, sleeps six. It's not junk, but of course we know the fees are high because Marriott decided Streamside wasn't up to Marriott standards and decided to charge crazy high fees for several years to gut the place and make it really nice. So it seems there is another year of the high fees, and then they go down. It's deeded week 27.

Judy, you need to list your week free in Bargain Deals under this forum. I think our daughter-in-law's folks might be interested, so I will call and ask them now. I will let you know.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score

You shouldn't have to pay that much to get out. Depending on what you own, you should be able to get out for $1000 or less.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a Marriott Vail summer week, sleeps six. It's not junk, but of course we know the fees are high because Marriott decided Streamside wasn't up to Marriott standards and decided to charge crazy high fees for several years to gut the place and make it really nice. So it seems there is another year of the high fees, and then they go down. It's deeded week 27.

Judy, you need to list your week free in Bargain Deals under this forum. I think our daughter-in-law's folks might be interested, so I will call and ask them now. I will let you know.

This sounds like one of those Marriott weeks that used to be a great trader, but isn't any longer.

If it is indeed a Streamside, it's possible to get out for $1000 or less including closing costs.

The ones that are tough are the Mexican resorts that charge 10% of original sales price as a transfer fee. Or, the ones that require the new buyer to pay 2-3 years maintenance fees to transfer. Those are much harder.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

You may have posted an Ad in the Marketplace (TUG Classifieds) but you did not post it on the Bargain Deals Forum on TUG - which is likely to get more action - because it will be visible in the discussion forums - a whole different audience.

If you are going to spend some $$$ to get this done, why not add it to your offer, instead of giving your hard earned money to a scammer? For instance, you could pay the 2013 maintenance fee.

Here's how - the last step is critical - one post won't get the job done.

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
-resort name
-unit size
-season owned
-maintenance fee
-current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay 2012/13 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple deed preparation and title transfer with no escrow or title search for about $100.) Personall, I use Lisa Short for a free timeshare - www.legaltimesharetransfers.com 706-219-0092 readylegal@gmail.com Lisa has been receiving good reviews on TUG.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2012/13 for the new owner

4) Here is the CRITICAL step that most people miss - come back to to your post once a week and bump it with new info. to keep it on the main page.​

Last edited:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why look any further? If all of these people with way more knowledge than me are telling you NOT to continue, then why do it? They are just trying to keep you from making a bigger mistake than you already have. Money is an issue otherwise you would be using your TS rather than selling or giving it away and you want to give away more money? How many years of MF's will $4200 pay? If the anwer is several then you have at least that much time to rid yourself of it. If you came to TUG looking for answers and advice then use what is given. The people here at TUG may not tell you what you want to hear but at least it will be the truth. Trust me I have been there. They helped me so listen up and they will help you.

Bruce

I have no idea if Heartland Transfers is a scam or not. I would NOT give it a 99.999% probability that it is a scam like John does. What I would say is that $4200 is too much to pay. You can do better.

As you have seen from the many threads on TUG on this topic, there are definitely at least 2 schools of thought regarding companies that take a fee to liquidate your timeshare.

1) One school of thought is that any company who says that they can liquidate your timeshare for a fee is doing something illegal or can be construed as a fraudulent transfer. They claim that their intent it to defraud the HOA.

2) On the other hand, there is another school of thought that vendors who earn a fee to liquidate your timeshare are providing a valuable service to many owners who have timeshares they cannot give away at any price. They claim that the HOAs should ultimately take these timeshares back and that any company that can legally and effectively move these timeshares off of your balance sheet are doing something good for the industry. The question is how do you find one that won't rip you off.

I am in camp 2. So, I will provide you information on how to find one and how to protect yourself.

To protect yourself, you need to ensure 2 things.

1) That the money you pay to a vendor actually goes to a transfer of your property to a new owner. In other words, they don't collect an upfront fee and you never hear from them again.

2) That there is no way a regulatory body can claim the transfer was fraudulent. We had a very good debate about this in other threads.

How do you protect yourself in the above?

1) Don't make any payments until you see purchase agreements with names of buyers. Or, put your money into the escrow account of a licensed and bonded title company that you can look up. You can verify with the bank the status of a trust account. Just confirming this with a bank means that company has passed a very difficult hurdle. Escrow accounts are heavily regulated and must be reconciled monthly or have serious penalties if many isn't properly accounted.

2) Make sure that they transaction is arms length between you and the buyer, whoever that ends up being. You can't transfer a timeshare to a party that you believe will simply default on your timeshare. However, you are also not accountable for the credit worthiness of all possible buyers. As long as your transaction is normal and doesn't do anything funky, you will have a lower risk of a potentially fraudulent transaction.

Or, work with licensed professionals whose licenses you can look up. If they are licensed, they have to follow a set of laws and regulations that protect you as a consumer.

Check out the companies. If they are good ones, they will have positive references that you can easily find. If you can't find any, then you may be in for an unpleasant surprise.

Unlike many people on this message board, I believe timeshare liquidators are required in this industry and there are good ones out there that you can help you. I think I am in the minority on this message board, but I can back up what I believe with experience and understanding of the law.

Last edited:

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may have posted an Ad in the Marketplace (TUG Classifieds) but you did not post it on the Bargain Deals Forum on TUG - which is likely to get more action - because it will be visible in the discussion forums - a whole different audience.

If you are going to spend some $$$ to get this done, why not add it to your offer, instead of giving your hard earned money to a scammer? For instance, you could pay the 2013 maintenance fee.

Here's how - the last step is critical - one post won't get the job done.

Bargain Deals - Totally FREE! - just write a simple post with all the pertinent info. In your post, include the following info.:
-resort name
-unit size
-season owned
-maintenance fee
-current reservations​

To make it more attractive I would:

1) Pay 2012/13 maintenance fees and don't ask for reimbursement.

2) Pay for the title transfer (you can get a simple deed preparation and title transfer with no escrow or title search for about $100.) Personall, I use Lisa Short for a free timeshare - www.legaltimesharetransfers.com 706-219-0092 readylegal@gmail.com Lisa has been receiving good reviews on TUG.

3) Reserve a popular holiday week in 2012/13 for the new owner

4) Here is the CRITICAL step that most people miss - come back to to your post once a week and bump it with new info. to keep it on the main page.​

I believe Lisa Short does illegal preparation of deeds in some states. That is based on my own personal due diligence for a transfer I needed to do in South Carolina.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I believe Lisa Short does illegal preparation of deeds in some states. That is based on my own personal due diligence for a transfer I needed to do in South Carolina.

Last time I checked, Vail was not in South Carolina... ;)

I also feel that some of the info. that has been posted by her competitors on this issue is false. For instance, it has been posted that Legal Timeshare Transfer cannot legally prepare timeshares in Hawaii either, but recently Legal Timeshare Transfer completed the registration process with the State of Hawaii to prepare and register deeds in the State of Hawaii's new electronic system - and they were APPROVED by the State of Hawaii. Odd that they state would approve it, if it were illegal.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Colorado wouldn't have the regulations Hawaii and SC have. I thought Lisa Short had an attorney to help with SC deed recording. I believe the deed must be prepared and filed by an attorney in that state. I would bet most of my SC deeds are filed illegally, yet all went through okay (but you never know).

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reinterating: They called you, tons of guarantees if you can find to collect, put on credit card, but they will stall you for sixty days, they change names faster than you can change clothes, etc.

Just state you will deposit the $4,200 with the title company who did your house closing and they will release the funds upon verifable proof you are off the hook. Would bet a case of Corona they will vaporize or offer a special cash on the barrell head deal good for an hour!!

I am famiiar with Streamside and stayed there about 4 years ago at end of March. There had been a big fire and activity center and check in had burned to ground, actually a trailer house for check in. But I understand this has ben replaced.

Unit was very nice and spacious with big bay window view of mountains although the all tile cold floors required wearing socks. Gas fire place kept quite warm.

If you decide to follow prior advice and pay all closing and 2012 MF and just $1,000 to buyer rather than $4,200 to very likely scammer I would consider. It is hot here in Denver in August and a trip to the mountains would be refreshing. I gather deeded week 27 but does it float over non-ski weeks.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you decide to follow prior advice and pay all closing and 2012 MF and just $1,000 to buyer rather than $4,200 to very likely scammer I would consider. It is hot here in Denver in August and a trip to the mountains would be refreshing. I gather deeded week 27 but does it float over non-ski weeks.
You may have to beat my DIL's folks to it. They live in Arvada and love to go to Vail in the summer, especially the prime summer. This is a deeded week 27. I think they would take it free with this year's use and the closing/ transfer included. I left them a message and have yet to hear back.

This is actually a gem of a week, especially if those high MF's are about over and done.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Colorado wouldn't have the regulations Hawaii and SC have. I thought Lisa Short had an attorney to help with SC deed recording. I believe the deed must be prepared and filed by an attorney in that state. I would bet most of my SC deeds are filed illegally, yet all went through okay (but you never know).

Lisa does not have an attorney on staff for South Carolina. I asked her because I thought of using her services. I would not use her services for South Carolina.

She may be fine in other states. And, I know she has a good reputation on TUG. I just wanted to point out that just because people have good experience with a company, doesn't mean that what it does is legal.

And, conversely, just because people on this board have a viscerally negative feeling toward PCCs, that does not mean that what they all do is fraudulent and criminal.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may have to beat my DIL's folks to it. They live in Arvada and love to go to Vail in the summer, especially the prime summer. This is a deeded week 27. I think they would take it free with this year's use and the closing/ transfer included. I left them a message and have yet to hear back.

This is actually a gem of a week, especially if those high MF's are about over and done.

Perfect solution. I hope it works out.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked, Vail was not in South Carolina... ;)

I also feel that some of the info. that has been posted by her competitors on this issue is false. For instance, it has been posted that Legal Timeshare Transfer cannot legally prepare timeshares in Hawaii either, but recently Legal Timeshare Transfer completed the registration process with the State of Hawaii to prepare and register deeds in the State of Hawaii's new electronic system - and they were APPROVED by the State of Hawaii. Odd that they state would approve it, if it were illegal.

Regarding South Carolina, I did my own due diligence without relying on biased sources. I believe that what she does there is illegal. That's just my opinion. So, I am going with another company that costs about the same and I know is legal to reduce my risk.

If she is authorized to do transfers in Hawaii, I may use her. I need someone to do some. I am sure she does good work. I can do the work myself. I just need someone who can do it legally.

I just want to make sure we are clear on what we are recommending along with the pros and cons of such approaches.