• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did you give away or adopt a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum?

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I'm guessing you mean Disney World, Orlando - not Disneyland, Anaheim? ;)

I recently gave away my Orlando timeshare and adopted one in Anaheim.

You're right, I mis-read your post.

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
I was trying to look back and see if I had posted on here, but didn't see it... yes I gave away a Vacation Village 74,000 points last year.... only took a couple of days and it was snatched up.... Dave:hi:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I was trying to look back and see if I had posted on here, but didn't see it... yes I gave away a Vacation Village 74,000 points last year.... only took a couple of days and it was snatched up.... Dave:hi:

Happens a lot with the similar Disney names. We visited Orlando, and decided we liked the Anaheim weather a lot better.

stibby1942

Reaction score
Pure RCI points to give away

I have 30,000 pure RCI points that I no longer want.

The next lot of maintenance is due at the beginning of november, so I would ideally like to get rid of them before then.

Additionally there is another 48000 points from previous years that I haven't used.

Need to find out the maintenance costs but from memory think they are around the £400 mark.

Quite happy to give these away, just not sure on the best way to do it.

Any help would be gratefully received.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have 30,000 pure RCI points that I no longer want.

The next lot of maintenance is due at the beginning of november, so I would ideally like to get rid of them before then.

Additionally there is another 48000 points from previous years that I haven't used.

Need to find out the maintenance costs but from memory think they are around the £400 mark.

Quite happy to give these away, just not sure on the best way to do it.

Any help would be gratefully received.

You're in the right forum, but you should be posting an ad, not responding to this thread.

Here's a very informative thread that hopefully will help you. It includes a link to an ad that contains the type of information you need. I'd suggest you browse through the bargain forum ads for ideas on how to construct an effective ad.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

Last edited:

glmyers

TUG Member
Reaction score
It took a few weeks, but finally connected with a couple who are familiar with The Jockey Club in Vegas and wanted one of my weeks there. I'm confident they will enjoy it for many years to come; thank you TUG for making it possible.

SnowflakesMom

Reaction score
Who did you go through handle the transaction?

I just learned this past week that everything's complete to include the registration of the new owners' info with Wyndham. I am very happy with how well the transaction was administered and the quickness in deed recording and transfer with Wyndham.

Could you tell me what service providers you used to handle this transaction? For example did you go through a title company? Or did you use some other sort of agency to facilitate?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Could you tell me what service providers you used to handle this transaction? For example did you go through a title company? Or did you use some other sort of agency to facilitate?

To give away a timeshare, someone has to legally prepare the transfer Docs, new deed, and file them with the county registrars office, and the resort.

This is the title company that I use - their fees are usually about $150-$200. Please note that they prepare the transfer paperwork - they don't sell your timeshare.

L.T. Transfers
Lisa Short and Mary Pless
http://www.lttransfers.com/
readylegal@gmail.com

More Info. about how to give your timeshare away on TUG:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132509

Last edited:

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
We accepted a DRI. Deeded Lake Tahoe resort from a fellow Tugger. A 2bdr EOY.

blueskymine

Reaction score
Gave away a 2 bedroom, every even year, at Westgate Vacation Villas.

Thank you for the bargain deals forum.

And a special recognition / thanks to Mary and Isabella at LT Transfers from Cleveland GA for taking care of all of the paperwork. Their promptness, attention to detail and thoroughness truly makes for an invaluable service.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I am in the process of transferring my 2BR FoxRun to a TUGGER who saw it here on the bargain deals.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am in the process of transferring my 2BR FoxRun to a TUGGER who saw it here on the bargain deals.

Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks TUG! I sold my TS in 8 minutes!

Posted it here and had a buyer 8 minutes later. It's like a miracle! We finalized the deal today and we are both very happy campers. :banana:

Thanks so much for having this forum and bulletin board.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations! :clap:

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
I gave away a 2 BR at Legacy Vacation Club Orlando ......It took a couple of bumps up to the top before it was taken. I have gotten good trade value from it during my 20 years of ownership and know so will the new owners.

This forum is value valuable to both the "seller" and the "buyer".

carmena79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hawaiian Princess Hawaiian Sun Holidays Vacations Internationale
I got a free pono kai timeshare about a year ago

GinaMarty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gave away Austria timeshare!

It took three months to find a buyer, and another month or so to get the transfer paperwork all done, but I'm amazed...it's DONE!

Listed it on the Bargains forum. Had a couple inquiries. Transfer was done through American Resorts International, the management company.

Thanks to the buyer for being willing to work with us!

It was a high season week at St. Johann im Pongau, with a banked week and we paid this years maint. fees. We're both happy!

Ourhouse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jockey Club, Las Vegas
Island Links, Hilton Head
Recieved A Great Deal Thru TUG Bargain Deals!

I wanted to let members know that my family were the proud recipients of a Jockey Club week for FREE via the TUG Bargain Deals section!
The previous owner had posted the week and we were able to work out a great arrangement. He did all the work with title, etc. and helped use work directly with The Jockey Club to make the transfer painless. After paying the 2016 Maintenance fees it was ours!!! WE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN ANY HAPPIER OR GOTTEN A BETTER DEAL! Thanks again Greg!

We had previously toured via the current sales team at The Jockey Club while on vacation July 2016. We had made a purchase agreement but canceled after finding TUG. Thank goodness for this site! Instead of $15,000 we got a better week with a great view of the Bellagio FOR FREE!!!!!

We are enjoying the unit as I type!
Thanks again Greg & TUG!!!!

elleny76

Reaction score
Hi Denise..How about if you are looking for a TS _bargain?..Where can we post? thanks :)

If you want to give away your timeshare, you can place an Ad on the Bargain Deals Forum.

If you want to sell it, you can use the TUG Marketplace, linked in the red bar at the top of the page and you must be a TUG member ($15.)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi Denise..How about if you are looking for a TS _bargain?..Where can we post? thanks :)

In the TUG Marketplace - linked in the red bar at the top of the page. The Bargain Deals forum rules do not permit points Ads, or "wanted," Ads - it's only for offers.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
i say this pop up on the list of "New Posts" and I realized that I have adopted a timeshare on the Bargain Deals Forum, but never commented about it here

In the first months after my first timeshare purchase (on ebay)(thats another story for another time) I saw an ad here for a week at the Avenue Plaza Resort in New Orleans current years fees paid and a reservation for Mardi Geas included in the price of $1

So I bought it. Bothe the seller and I are licensed realestate agents and felt we could prepare a deed and record it on our own and thats what we did, She paid the recording fees

I advertised the reservation on craigslist and the phone rang off the hook

Best deal I ever made, not so much because it was a great deal, but because I learned about New Orleans and Mardi Gras and rentals because of it

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just sent off the transfer paperwork for my Shell account to the new owner (a Tugger) from my ad in the bargain basement.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I'm in the process of acquiring a bargain deal week. I'll post more when it's finalized. But if all goes smoothly we are going to be very happy with our new ownership :)

lseiberling

TUG Member
Reaction score
lseiberling

I am so excited that I have transferred my 13000 Bluegreen points to another TUG member. We did this through Bluegreen with a $450 transfer fee that we split. I did not received any money for these points but I am happy as I don't have to pay the $1100+ maintenance fees every year. I enjoyed Bluegreen. The resorts were always lovely, but the selling staff were so persistent. But I am very thankful to TUG by helping me make a contact to transfer.