• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free: San Clemente Inn in CA, 1 Bdrm. Summer resv. for 2016, Day Use, II/RCI!

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Free: San Clemente Inn near the beach in San Clemente, California. This is a one-bedroom unit that sleeps four. It is what the resort calls a "Breaker" unit.

This is a high season week, which floats week 8-48. I have reserved a summer week, August 16 – 23, for 2016.

The MFs for 2016 are $697, with half the 2016 MFs due December 2015, and the other half due June 2016. I can easily do the closing myself, in which case the only closing cost to the new owner will be the $100 resort transfer fee. Or, the new owner can select a closing company of their choice at their expense.

This resort has an owner-controlled HOA. The HOA has hired VRI, a very good management company, to manage the property. A number of major repairs and renovations were done to the resort, with no special assessment.

In addition to providing a week's stay in Southern California, owning at this resort provides several additional benefits:

1) Day Use: San Clemente Inn has a generous day use policy. Owners can use the pool, tennis court, and other facilities at the resort year-round, even on summer weekends. This is great for people who live within driving distance!

2) Ability to join both II and RCI. This resort is affiliated with both II and RCI, so owners have their choice of joining either exchange company, or both. Both RCI and II offer deeply discounted rentals to their members, but each has different resorts available.

3) VRI rentals and membership in the VRI*ety internal exchange program. Owners at any VRI-managed resort can get discounted stays at other VRI-managed resorts. Also, only owners at VRI-managed resorts can join VRI*ety, which is VRI's own exchange program. VRI*ety is free to join, has low trading fees, and has a strong presence in some hard-to-get areas such as Southern California and Cape Cod.

I am slowly "divesting" myself of my Southern California weeks, since it is hard for me to travel that far.

zzcn69

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is unit still available

I am no doubt too late for this unit. I am interested. How does it trade?? Thanks, Zee

skimble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own SCI weeks, and I typically use them or rent them. I've never had problems with renting them, and trade-ability is good.
The resort is making huge upgrades to the landscape-- revamping/expanding the pool area, adding a new jacuzzi, creating a children's play area. It's going in the right direction.
RCI will give over 30 TPU for summer.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
I own there. I have a larger unit that sleeps 6. I think I got 34 TPU in RCI.

I've stayed there plenty of times and I always enjoy my trip.

Pros:
Low MF
Convenient location
Day use
Trades in both RCI and II
Nice units
Mini golf

Cons:
Competition to book prime weeks
Odd long check in process if you arrive on time and have a room preference
Chilly pool and hot tub
Odd rules, odd lobby, just odd

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry not to respond earlier -- my internet was down all day. Zee, I *think* this is spoken for. But, if that deal falls through, you are next in line.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, shortly after I posted this thread, a TUG participant said he'd take this week. I haven't heard from him since.

I had another person express interest, but when I said the week appeared to be taken, he went and bought something else.

So, this is still available!

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Free: San Clemente Inn near the beach in San Clemente, California. .... <snip>
3) VRI rentals and membership in the VRI*ety internal exchange program. Owners at any VRI-managed resort can get discounted stays at other VRI-managed resorts. Also, only owners at VRI-managed resorts can join VRI*ety, which is VRI's own exchange program. VRI*ety is free to join, has low trading fees, and has a strong presence in some hard-to-get areas such as Southern California and Cape Cod.

I am slowly "divesting" myself of my Southern California weeks, since it is hard for me to travel that far.

Just a side note for the Eastern USA members ... VRI is like a silent resort management company (does NOT stick its name in front of the resort's old name). My Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort is VRI managed with priority booking into as are several other east coast of Florida resorts. I think it manages 130+ independent resorts ... many with excellent locations.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reservation for 2016 starts August 7th

Correction: For 2016, I have reserved a week with check-in Sunday, August 7th. I had mistakenly put the check-in date for 2015 in my first post.

gaile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Judy, is this taken? Live in AZ, would love So Cal beach front week that is reasonable