• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boston trip- Red Sox tickets

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any tips for Boston? We leave on Friday..yeah! We will be there May 30-June 6.

We want to go see the Red Sox on Saturday or Sunday. Any tips for getting good seats and/or a discount?

General restaurant, attraction and sightseeing tips appreciated. I have been too busy to research much. We are staying at the Custom House and we will not have a car.:D

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cant help you with you with a direct answer, but best price to see the Red Sox is at their new Spring Training stadium here in Ft Myers

Last edited:

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Why waste your money?

I don't know why you would waste your money seeing the Red Sox. The only time I would ever waste money to see the Red Sox are when they are playing my Yankees.

Born and raised in the Bronx. :rofl::banana:

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Get your tickets online directly from the Red Sox website. Should be plenty of tickets available for both games. Do not pay a premium.

Go to Faneuil Hall Marketplace (next to where you are staying) and buy a ticket for a bus tour. Walk the Freedom Trail. Eat at Legal Seafood. Lot's of great restaurants in Boston.

Just a few suggestions.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
If you want to see the Red Sox, I'd recommend buying your tickets before you leave online. It's a very small stadium, they're a popular attraction and there are a lot of local, rabid sports fans in Boston. Buy seats down as low as you can and don't worry so much about price if you want to enjoy the game. Take the subway to the park, go early and grab something to eat before the game at one of the many restaurants around the stadium. Remember, it's the oldest stadium in America and it's SMALL. It's not like buying tickets to a Miami Marlins game where there may be several thousand tickets available any day of the week.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are from MA and when we want to see the sox, we fly to Baltimore!

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just 2.

Thanks. We want to experience the stadium.:eek:

Based upon where your location is, are you military? If so, they have special military rates. I don't know if they still do it, but when I was there about 10 years ago, active duty military could get general admission/standing room only for free on day of the game. You don't get a seat, but you can enjoy all of the stadium!

Here is a link for their military tickets:

http://mlb.mlb.com/ticketing/authdiscount.jsp?c_id=bos

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are from MA and when we want to see the sox, we fly to Baltimore!

Kind of like National Hockey League fans in Canada who fly down to watch their favourite team play in CA, AZ, or FL. It's probably cheaper to fly, get a hotel room, and a game ticket in those areas as it would be to pay a scalper/broker locally for the local team.:annoyed:

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
Based upon where your location is, are you military? If so, they have special military rates. I don't know if they still do it, but when I was there about 10 years ago, active duty military could get general admission/standing room only for free on day of the game. You don't get a seat, but you can enjoy all of the stadium!

Here is a link for their military tickets:

http://mlb.mlb.com/ticketing/authdiscount.jsp?c_id=bos

Thank you so much. We are not military. Just love the water and a low cost of living here.

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just went online again to check tickets. Still good seats available directly from the Red Sox website.

Last edited:

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
Red Sox Tickets

I heard www.seatgeek.com advertised on a local radio station last night and went to it this morning. It is kinda like Kayak but for sporting events/concerts also. It gives you a list of all of the brokers for the event you are looking for and their prices. I have also used StubHub and found it to be cheaper the closer it gets to game time. Tickets are usually available until 6 hours before game time.

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
I heard www.seatgeek.com advertised on a local radio station last night and went to it this morning. It is kinda like Kayak but for sporting events/concerts also. It gives you a list of all of the brokers for the event you are looking for and their prices. I have also used StubHub and found it to be cheaper the closer it gets to game time. Tickets are usually available until 6 hours before game time.
Thanks for the tip.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This PRIME tourist season and Faneuil Hall area near CH is hopping. Walk to the North End for Italian food and a stop at Mike's and/ or Modern pastry. Stop in at Bricco's panetierra and pick up delicious fresh bread. You can pick up cheese in the area and have yourself a wonderful picnic on The Greenway. Walk tHe Freedom Trail and take a duckboat tour. Fenway is a GREAT experience which I highly recommend. I would opt for Sunday as weather is supposed to be gorgeous, get there early and take in the fun. I would also suggest a Pops concert at symphony Hall. You should check out www.goldstar.com or www.bostix.com

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hope you have a great trip at Custom House in Boston :wave:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just 2.

Thanks. We want to experience the stadium.:eek:

Just to clarify.............. do you want to watch a game at Fenway or just experience the park (we call it Fenway Park or Fenway - as opposed to stadium) because if you do, there's a good guided tour given.

I am not splitting hairs here, just trying to get a clear understanding of what you'd like to do - watch a game or have a tour of the park.

Happy to help.

Last edited:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Momeason is all set and should be on her way to Fenway Park as I write this.

GO SOX !

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Should be a great game today too ~ think the SOX finally woke up!! :clap:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should be a great game today too ~ think the SOX finally woke up!! :clap:

Yes, they missed me while I was gone and went into a slump...........................

-

Last edited:

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
KNEW it was something like that!!