• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Boston Weather

Bee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

I just received a trade into Marriott's Custom House, for the week of 5/22 - 5/22/15. I'm concerned about the weather. Generally speaking how is the weather this time of the year? I saw that it rains on many days in May. Would that most likely be a lot of rain or a little?

I on II's 24 hour clock. I have to decide if I should keep or give it back, and wait for a different date. :shrug:

Thank you,
Sandy

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is usually a beautiful time of year and the fact that you were able to trade into CH during graduation season is pretty darn amazing! Weather is unpredictable, or as they say 'round these parts, "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute!" Surely it is not like San Jose where the sun shines almost every day! Yes, it could be rainy, yes, it could be HOT, and yes, it could be cool. But if it were me, I'd keep the weekas there are no guarantees on weather, ever!!!! Today, August 18 it feels more like autumn than summer but I"m loving it!

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is usually a beautiful time of year and the fact that you were able to trade into CH during graduation season is pretty darn amazing! Weather is unpredictable, or as they say 'round these parts, "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute!" Surely it is not like San Jose where the sun shines almost every day! Yes, it could be rainy, yes, it could be HOT, and yes, it could be cool. But if it were me, I'd keep the weekas there are no guarantees on weather, ever!!!! Today, August 18 it feels more like autumn than summer but I"m loving it!

Agree with everything above.

It's usually very nice, but sometimes there may be a weather pattern which changes everything.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Agree with every above.

It's usually very nice, but sometimes there may be a weather pattern which changes everything.

You can always depend on the weather, there will always be weather.:hysterical:

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can always depend on the weather, there will always be weather.:hysterical:

:hysterical:

You obviously have never planned a yard sale, cookout or wedding in Boston.
Those weather patterns follow me "like a dark cloud". :D

Any time that I have a yard sale, there's a storm. Brides should consult me.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
:hysterical:

You obviously have never planned a yard sale, cookout or wedding in Boston.
Those weather patterns follow me "like a dark cloud". :D

Any time that I have a yard sale, there's a storm. Brides should consult me.

As I said, there'll always be weather, it may not be what you want but it will be there.

I used to break droughts around here by the way I scheduled our Boy Scout summer camps. Everyone at our church got ready for the rain the day we'd leave.

We recently rescheduled a garage sale due to bad weather reports and of course it did not rain until the days we finally held it.

Another saying I like to use is that there's a 50% chance of rain every day, it's either going to rain or it isn't, just be ready for either.

Bee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Tuggers are always very helpful.

I think I get the weather picture. We will be prepared.

This trade only took 10 days, so I thought May, may not be such a good time to be in Boston. I'm exited now!

Thanks again,
sandy

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy,

I stayed at Custom House in early May a couple of years ago. Weather wasn't perfect, but we had a great time. We had some rain, but it didn't interfere with a wonderful vacation. The rain storms were minor and didn't last the entire day.

There is so much to explore and experience in Boston. You'll love the Custom House & Boston. I would definitely recommend you keep this exchange. You won't be sorry!

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well....I live in MA and if anyone told me May was a rainy season I would have to think about that hard.....I honestly don't really think we have a rainy season here!

I hope you didn't cancel. May is beautiful to be in Mass and the crowds not at peak. So you can enjoy everything!!!!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
The Custom House will be nice in May! Enjoy Boston!

Bee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not cancelling this trade. It sounds like the weather will be alright. I received the trade so quickly, I thought it may be a bad week. I guess I really just got lucky.

I did look at the weather when I originally chose the weeks I requested and May seemed fine. I just got worried when the trade came through, so quickly.

Sandy

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't cancel the trade. You really won't know the weather until a few days before you go. I'm at the Custom House right now. August, you would think would be hot and humid. The weather this week feels like fall, cool with low humidity. You will love Boston.

jfalkingham

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are downtown right now, and like most of the US it's been a very mild summer. Not one day above 100 and not a lot of humidity. Matter of fact May was pretty warm early on before cooling down. You won't go wrong with this trade!