• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

St. John-SVN trade

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waitlisted again today fro 6/15. I was offered WKORV this was very tempting. It's good to see at least the rest of SVN resorts at least have some openings for staroption trades.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Waitlisted again today fro 6/15. I was offered WKORV this was very tempting. It's good to see at least the rest of SVN resorts at least have some openings for staroption trades.

If you get in for week 24 - let us know - we could meet up for a Painkiller or Bushwacker (2 infamous drinks in the VIs)

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score

I was offered Princeville when I called for June 13, but my crazy husband doesn't want to go back to Kauai. I can't wait until Aruba opens. We may have to upgrade to EY...

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is pretty much hot and humid all the time - it is just relative (esp if you are from the West Coast) - June does not differ that much from July/Aug. Check out the monthly averages (highs/lows/rain). It really depends on whether there is a breeze and how close the water is. If the wind comes to a stand still - it will become uncomfortable.

The weather activity picks up from June thru October - with a peak in Sept - whether there is a Tropic Depression/Storm - Hurricane or not. July 4th on STJ is the end of a weeklong festival. After this - the island life becomes slower than it already is - which is as close to going backwards as you can get...
("Still is still moving to me" - Willie Nelson)

Thanks for the information. I'll keep trying. Hopefully I'll either get into WSJ or I'll persuade my better half to try Kauai again.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was offered Princeville when I called for June 13, but my crazy husband doesn't want to go back to Kauai. I can't wait until Aruba opens. We may have to upgrade to EY...

Aruba is pretty high on our list too. May even be on the shopping list, if MF's are not too outrageous!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Sounds toxic........:D
Yes - quite toxic. Robin loves the Bushwhacker - it is tough to tell that it contains lots of EtOH. If you ever get to STJ - make sure you get over to White Bay on Jost Van Dyke (BVI - bring passport) - for some reason they seem to go down easier over there.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I called last Saturday morning (again) for WSJ week 25 availablity. We are trying to get a Fri check-in for week 25 or week 23 (which I called to 2 weeks ago) - to go along with our week 24. We were wait-listed both times - they said they could not see what postion we were on the waitlist. Most likely I will drop off in the next couple of weeks since I need to use these unused SOs for our late-2008 reservation at WKORV.

The reservation system on Saturday morning and everything seemed to be working fine (as to the other thread about problems calling in)

I used the Elite line - I find the reservation associates to be more aware of the SVO/SVN system than the general line. One advantage to being Elite - although the advatage of being 4* Elite is that you can hold a reservation and be waitlisted without having available SOs. Not a big deal for us - it was just be nice to have 2 weeks in STJ.

They also told me that there were no 1 Bd units available - and so we only waitlisted for the 2 Bd for both weeks.

I really think there is something going on with reserving WSJ than meets the eye. As I wrote before - when we are there on week 24 there seems to be a lot of unused units or people staying in the TS part that were intending to stay at the Hotel-part of the resort but were upgraded. I really do not see how this is possible and still tell people trying to perform a SO exchange that there is no availability. Also - strange is that there are a lot more 1Bd units than 2d units, but no 1Bd availability...

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was was able to get my wait list for week 25 in this morning. My email res. from yesterday's mess still hasn't gotten a responce. When I was trying to get through by calling SPG I was offered ocean front for 13500 Sp's per night with the 5th night free option,I declined. If nessesary I'll use 12,000 sp's garden veiw and hope for an upgrade.I have plenty of time to wait this out. Worst case senarios: I deposit with II or exchange to Starpoints.This is one of the benefits of SVN is that there are plenty of options. While I was weighing my options I did notice a lot of new Starwood hotels many of them Westins. St. Lucia stands out as a must do ( check out the 14th hole).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
A know of a tugger who is interested in renting their week 25 (Sun-Sun) - 2 Bd/3ba unit. I think they used SVO last June and probably didn't get much for it. Perhaps they would be interested in renting it for the MFs.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting waitlist development today. When I called for my weekly waitlist:D ...1 bedrooms were all taken for waitlisting .This is the first time in 8 weeks of waitlisting this happened . Are folks giving up on 2-3 bedrooms or just trying to use leftover staroptions?

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Access granted

My wait list for St John came through today I got a 1 bedroom for week 24.It seemed like forever but I held tight.:D

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
My wait list for St John came through today I got a 1 bedroom for week 24.It seemed like forever but I held tight.:D

That is great to hear - congrats - we will be there for week 24 also - perhaps we could all meet-up for a drink at the pool bar.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats and thanks to the tuggers who provided the helpfull info on how to nail these things down. D&R your on for that drink.:D .SVN has it's faults but it does work if your flexable.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
So it seems that the chances of me getting a 2 or 3 bdrm in Oct/Nov '09 is very remote indeed.

Rats!

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
So it seems that the chances of me getting a 2 or 3 bdrm in Oct/Nov '09 is very remote indeed.

Rats!

I would try anyway,They are building more 2 bedrooms as we speak ,something can always come up.I think Oct/Nov are the most available months for just about all of Starwood.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score

Rats!

Don't count that out. Back in '05 I got a 2bed the week after Thanksgiving. The day after I made all the flight reservations, my wife informed me that she was pregnant and her due date was during that time.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Rats!
There are just more studio and 1 Bd villas than 2Bd and 3Bd villas in the VG section. However, with the (eventual) opening of the BV section - I would expect more 2Bd and 3Bd villas becoming available (since they are all 2-3Bd villas).