• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What would you have done.

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a studio aug 3-10 at ko olina. A 2bd came up aug 2-9. It would have cost us extra exchange fee and hotel room. Would you have gambled to hope the dates came up exact or taken the 2 bd now. We have 2 kids 10 and 7.

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would have taken the 2 bedroom. With 2 kids it would be worth the exchange fee!! If you had to pay for an extra night you could always try priceline & stay in another location the last night.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Or you could rent a studio or 1 bed from a DVC member for that last night on Oahu. What a great experience that would be for the kiddos!

Of course, I am a Disney freak. ;)

My goal is a trip for a week to the Marriott sometime, and a week at Aulani to go with it. Rick and I would have to go without Mom that trip because I am not using that many points for a 2 bedroom. She is 86, so a sofa sleeper won't do for her. Maybe we would keep her at the Marriott and visit.

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok

If something comes up again I will take it. Thx

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
I agree...I would have taken it!

Stayed the last in Waikiki for something different

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
When our kids were 7 and 9, we booked a 1 bdrm at Old Key West. I was so glad we did. A studio is really just a glorified hotel room with a kitchenette. If your kids are like ours, they'll go to bed earlier and sleep later than the adults. It was so nice having a separate bedroom because we could put the kids in bed in the living room and then turn on the t.v. or read in a separate room. When you're all in the same room, you have to tiptoe around a lot more.

If a 2 bdrm comes up, that's ideal. But a 1 bdrm is adequate if your kids are okay sleeping on the pull-out.

Last edited:

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
We have a studio aug 3-10 at ko olina. A 2bd came up aug 2-9. It would have cost us extra exchange fee and hotel room. Would you have gambled to hope the dates came up exact or taken the 2 bd now. We have 2 kids 10 and 7.
I would have taken the 2BR in a heartbeat.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to pile on, but I'd also take the 2BR. You are so close to your reservation date, that the chances of an exact date match coming up for a 2BR are not likely.

The extra room and extra hotel night is worth it IMHO.

-ryan

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ya

I let my wife talk me out of it. Hopefully something comes up again.:wall:

lamb

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been in this situation previously and jumped at the opportunity for a bigger room. In my opinion, studios are too small for 2 adults and 2 children to comfortably enjoy a week. I'd pay for the second exchange and a hotel night - even for a one bedroom in a great location.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
I would have taken it just for the in room laundry. I find myself doing more laundry in Hawaii. Plus, the fact you could save some money by eating in a few nights that would easily pay for your final night costs. Ko'Olina is somewhat isolated and there aren't a bunch of cheap kid friendly place near by to eat at.