• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

United MileagePlus

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just started using miles to book airfare last year and it has had its ups and downs.

Dealing with the United call center employees has been trying to say the least. In the end it always works out in my favour though.

I have booked a reservation where it was a return with a free one way added on and another with a multi city trip. The last part of the trip has always been 6 - 8 months in the future. In both cases I have had to pay a change fee to change the ticket for a better time, direct, or different day.

In the last month both tickets have had a big schedule change for the last part of the ticket so I have got those miles back into my account as well as the first change fee and now I am working on the change fee for the second ticket. In both instances my plans have changed so I am not bothered by it. But I can see where this can be really annoying.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I thought that booking United FF tickets with same flight different day was no fee. Also, I thought that same routing, different time, was also no fee. Am I wrong?

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
I thought that booking United FF tickets with same flight different day was no fee. Also, I thought that same routing, different time, was also no fee. Am I wrong?

I just changed mine and it was free as long as the origin and destination are not changing and you are more than 21 days from your departure date.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is good to know.

I am going to be booking a roundtrip for the nanny and then a throw away 1 way for the furthest possible time out. Hopefully she can use it but if not one of the flights gets changed and a refund of points issued.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just changed mine and it was free as long as the origin and destination are not changing and you are more than 21 days from your departure date.

I tried to change the dates for the flight and the agent said it would be a $75 change fee for each ticket. I used google and confirmed that it was raised from $0 to $75 last year.

A little disappointed but c'est la vie.

Im in first class but have been checking everyday for coach availability but so far no luck. Not sure if that would be a change fee as well but most likely.

Hoping to get downgraded at the airport. Two 16 month olds in first class is not something I want to do but was the only availability.

Last edited:

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
good to know about change fee--we are a family of 5--yikes!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
good to know about change fee--we are a family of 5--yikes!

Compared to a paid ticket $75 is not much but it still adds up.

Its not easy planning award tickets with timeshares and a family.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just cancelled my trip booked with mileage plus. I was told they could not sell lap infant tickets on Air Canada Rogue as they do not codeshare. Then they sold them to me without telling me after I changed my plans.

Going to Couzmel for 3 nights after Cancun and flying West Jet to Toronto. No charge for lap infants. Have a one way to Aruba in September which hopefully will be used.

It us almost easier to book with cash. But today I upgraded to the United club credit card.