• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Memory Maker experts?

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
I purchased the Memory Maker service today for an upcoming trip. When purchased, I went to my My Disney Experience page. I see Memory Maker listed, and it just says my name with a confirmation number.

In the description of Memory Maker, it says anyone in your travel party can link photos to Memory Maker. So I assumed I had to link the Magic Bands. But, that's not possible. I then chatted with customer service. I was told that only my Magic Band should be used to link photos. Huh?? What if we separate during the trip?

Who has used it that can school me?
Thanks

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
A couple of questions:

-Are you linked to the rest of your party as Friends & Family?

If people are listed under your account as "managed by you", then the photos scanned to their Band or RFID card *should* link to you, too.

For people who have their own profiles under their own login info (i.e. *not* a "managed by you" account):
-Do you have the "this person can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos" option checked off in their listing?
-Do *they* have the "can view and purchase" option checked off for *you*? (I think this one is the key option)

-Rob

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
A couple of questions:

-Are you linked to the rest of your party as Friends & Family?

If people are listed under your account as "managed by you", then the photos scanned to their Band or RFID card *should* link to you, too.

For people who have their own profiles under their own login info (i.e. *not* a "managed by you" account):
-Do you have the "this person can view and purchase my PhotoPass photos" option checked off in their listing?
-Do *they* have the "can view and purchase" option checked off for *you*? (I think this one is the key option)

-Rob

My whole family is linked in the My Family section and they are all "managed by you". So it sounds like this takes care of it. Thanks. Just odd to hear them tell me that only my band will work.

johnf0614

TUG Member
Reaction score
My whole family is linked in the My Family section and they are all "managed by you". So it sounds like this takes care of it. Thanks. Just odd to hear them tell me that only my band will work.

You are the only one with the entitlement to enhance and download the photos. You should be able to view all photos taken with your party members magicbands though

allenwyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were there in January, some of our party was able to use magic bands, and some ended up with photopass cards (We all had magic bands, but some wouldn't work and some photogs didn't try). Don't know if they have fully transitioned, but if not, you can always use the "old school" photopass card then add those pics to your account. Ideally, you should try to get them all scanned by one member of your party for all the pics you are in together, simply because you never know if they will "get lost" by using multiple bands. (Obviously, that isn't possible if you are separated.) Theoretically, all of the bands should work, but you just never know. And, take CS info with a grain of salt. The next CM you may talk to might have a different answer. All of these magic band changes have quite a learning curve, even for CMs, and it keeps changing. Just my 2 cents.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Thanks for the responses. I expect that 95% of the time, we will all be together. It is just 3 of us. It will be my wife and daughter, who will be turning 5 the day before we head to Disney. So I will plan to scan my Magic Band for all of the ones that we are together, but my daughter may want to also scan too, to be the cool kid. :) We'll see.

My wife is a photo freak, so hoping this will allow her to keep the camera at back at the hotel. We'll have our iPhones on us anyway.

allenwyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I expect that 95% of the time, we will all be together. It is just 3 of us. It will be my wife and daughter, who will be turning 5 the day before we head to Disney. So I will plan to scan my Magic Band for all of the ones that we are together, but my daughter may want to also scan too, to be the cool kid. :) We'll see.

My wife is a photo freak, so hoping this will allow her to keep the camera at back at the hotel. We'll have our iPhones on us anyway.
Make sure you always ask if the photographer can do any "Magic Shots". Your 5 year old will LOVE it.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Make sure you always ask if the photographer can do any "Magic Shots". Your 5 year old will LOVE it.

What's a "Magic Shot"?