• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ocean beach club at virgina beach

chiwiz

Reaction score
The cancellation clause also state that "if i elect to cancel the agreement, i shall return sale materials promptly."

I already sent out the cancellation notice, i guess i need to send out the sale materials separately or send the notice again along with the sales package?

thanks
Chris.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The cancellation clause also state that "if i elect to cancel the agreement, i shall return sale materials promptly."

I already sent out the cancellation notice, i guess i need to send out the sale materials separately or send the notice again along with the sales package?

The sales people can charge you a small fee if you fail to return the "owner materials" which were provided to you at the time of your purchase.

You do not have to resubmit your rescission, but I'd enclose another copy anyhow, with an original signature, when you (promptly) return those "owner materials".

P.S. It's quite possible that you will receive phone calls from the disappointed sales weasels when they soon learn of their rapidly disappearing commission. You would be well advised to not take those phone calls and to not engage in any further conversation of any sort with them. Nothing good can come of any such (legally meaningless) conversations anyhow. Sit back, give yourself a pat on the back for being smart here and stay off the phone. Let the law work for you. They have no choice or option other than to process your cancellation and refund your deposit. It's not a voluntary act of kindness or benevolence on their part --- it's compliance with the law.

Last edited:

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can GoldKey pick a week?

When exchanging through II, gold key picks your week. It can be anything. It is not going to be a summer week.

How can GoldKey pick a week? If I have a fixed July 4th week (week 26 or 27) I should be able to deposit that week to get an awesome exchange. Can someone explain? I can understand if I have a floating RED week, but based on my research they only sell fixed weeks. I was also looking around to buy a resale week 27 for higher trading power (incase needed to trade), but this comment makes me think twice.......

I was talking with an agent in VA beach who specializes in OBC and she did not mention that either.

So, in my example do I atleast get the maximum trading power (based on my week 26) OR the power of the week which Goldkey picks for this deposit (lets assume week 4)?

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can GoldKey pick a week? If I have a fixed July 4th week (week 26 or 27) I should be able to deposit that week to get an awesome exchange. Can someone explain? I can understand if I have a floating RED week, but based on my research they only sell fixed weeks. I was also looking around to buy a resale week 27 for higher trading power (incase needed to trade), but this comment makes me think twice.......

I was talking with an agent in VA beach who specializes in OBC and she did not mention that either.

So, in my example do I atleast get the maximum trading power (based on my week 26) OR the power of the week which Goldkey picks for this deposit (lets assume week 4)?

Can you provide name and contact info for this agent who specializes in OBC. I may want to list some of my OBC with her.

smtundra

Reaction score
I own a summer week at Beach Quarters and one summer week at Turtle Cay. These are both Goldkey resorts as well. I bought one of them from Timesharing 2000, and the people I worked with there were great and found something for me. The other, I bought off ebay. I had not heard anything about them taking your week and depositing a different one in II. I have never traded mine, which makes it difficult for people to trade into, because a lot of people bought them to use, especially in the summer.

If I were to trade mine in Interval, I would do a Request First so that I would not give up my week unless I found something that I want. I only live less than 2 hours away, so we tend to make it for the week or at least most of it.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
I just bought a TS week 32 thru rci and I want to know how this all works. They gave me 2 weeks every year and on even years 3 weeks. Can anyone help me with how this works with gold crown and all?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I just bought a TS week 32 thru rci and I want to know how this all works. They gave me 2 weeks every year and on even years 3 weeks. Can anyone help me with how this works with gold crown and all?

Start a new thread in the newbies section with the info of what and where you bought and when you bought.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

If you JUST bought it (say, in the last few days) You paid too much. Rescind. Cancel the purchase. Study here on TUG and find out what you can get and can do with it BEFORE you spend your money.

Jim

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
Well I got a forclosed one so I only paid 4000 for it

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the going rate is for a resale there, but it isn't $4,000. There is one on eBay that finals Thursday. There is no bid at an asking price of $1.00.

Of a dozen or so completed auctions, only a handful of them sold. The highest was sold for $3.99.

Once again. Rescind. Learn about timeshares then buy resale.

Jim

Last edited:

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
Well from what my understanding is which states even in contract its 4000 and we have a biennial on every even year with 2 extra weeks every year thru rci. Its 4000 because it was a forclosed unit which was owned by a married couple which went thru a divorce and stopped paying so we are only paying the remaining amohnt which was 4000 and im payinf 70 dollars a month for 82 months

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see you are posting in at least two different places. But listen. They are screwing you. You can (and should) cancel this sale. It IS NOT a good deal. Do that FIRST. Preferably tomorrow. write them an 'I'm Cancelling' letter. Sign it (both of you of you are a couple). THEN we'll be more than happy- overjoyed actually- to teach you about timeshare.

$4,000 for what you bought can be bought for mere pennies. Honest.

shaunbeezy27

Reaction score
Well I think its a little to late to cancel owing to the fact I sigbed on the 15th but will you please explain how it works

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I think its a little to late to cancel owing to the fact I sigbed on the 15th but will you please explain how it works

see your other thread. this is not good

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
As requested, you should be posting in the Newbies section.

The week bought was not through RCI. RCI does not sell timeshares. Your timeshare may be affiliated with RCI, but that's it.

Start a new thread in the newbies section with the info of what and where you bought and when you bought.

If you followed this advice and are posting in a new thread in the Newbies section, that is where you will get the help you're looking for.

If you JUST bought it (say, in the last few days) You paid too much. Rescind. Cancel the purchase. Study here on TUG and find out what you can get and can do with it BEFORE you spend your money.

Jim

Jim is giving you the best advice he could not knowing when this was purchased. Without knowing any more about what you bought, it is excellent advice.

Well I got a forclosed one so I only paid 4000 for it

Foreclosed, huh? I can't tell you how many times I've heard that when I used to go to timeshare presentations or Owner Updates. If they can't sell you the full freight one, then they have a foreclosure "that just came in." Foreclosed at $4,000 is still something tht could have been picked up for a few bucks most likely.

I don't know what the going rate is for a resale there, but it isn't $4,000. There is one on eBay that finals Thursday. There is no bid at an asking price of $1.00.

Of a dozen or so completed auctions, only a handful of them sold. The highest was sold for $3.99.

Once again. Rescind. Learn about timeshares then buy resale.

Jim

FACT!

Well from what my understanding is which states even in contract its 4000 and we have a biennial on every even year with 2 extra weeks every year thru rci. Its 4000 because it was a forclosed unit which was owned by a married couple which went thru a divorce and stopped paying so we are only paying the remaining amohnt which was 4000 and im payinf 70 dollars a month for 82 months

Bienniel for $4000?

I see you are posting in at least two different places. But listen. They are screwing you. You can (and should) cancel this sale. It IS NOT a good deal. Do that FIRST. Preferably tomorrow. write them an 'I'm Cancelling' letter. Sign it (both of you of you are a couple). THEN we'll be more than happy- overjoyed actually- to teach you about timeshare.

$4,000 for what you bought can be bought for mere pennies. Honest.

Would love to see this got rescinded!

Today was the 7th day; it could have gone out today, but since it didn't......Now learn to use it. Hey, many of us bought our first timeshares through the developer. Live and LEARN. :)

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
OBC

Heading to OBC tomorrow. I own 2 weeks both bought off ebay. Gold Key is a great management company just buy resale. My week 20 was only $45. I love the resorts. Gold Key continues to transform VA beach with high quality properties.

Stephen

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score

I think I got it wrong, but can someone confirm that the trading power is not lost here....

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I could be wrong. It has been a couple of years since I had the conversation with an owner about exchanging through II. I have heard that off season weeks trade fairly well considering they are off season but I haven't heard of anyone with a good week actually depositing in Interval.

Even without actually exchanging someone who owns there and has the week set up in their II account should be able to see if it is listed as a fixed week ready to be deposited.

chiwiz

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sent my cancellation letter on April 21,2014 (signed contract was April 19,2104).
I tracked the status, it said "out for delivery" on April 23,2014 on 9:25am. It has been almost a day and half now, it still say "Delivery status not updated".

I am worry, should i send another one tomorrow? Tomorrow is the seventh day. I already sent out the sales package on April 22,2014.

Thanks
Chris.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're fine, Chris. If you have your receipt of mailing, that's all you need.

Hi all,

Sent my cancellation letter on April 21,2014 (signed contract was April 19,2104).
I tracked the status, it said "out for delivery" on April 23,2014 on 9:25am. It has been almost a day and half now, it still say "Delivery status not updated".

I am worry, should i send another one tomorrow? Tomorrow is the seventh day. I already sent out the sales package on April 22,2014.

Thanks
Chris.

As long as you have the stamped receipt for your certified letter, you're good to go. It should have been updated; however, my inside knowledge about tracking through USPS makes me think the carrier did not scan the mail piece when he actually delivered it, only when it was leaving the station.

For piece of mind, you can always dispute with your credit card company and provide copies of the contract and your USPS receipt.