• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Exchange at WKORV

Beacon888

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, HGVC BAYCLUB
Hi Everyone,

I've made an ongoing request for WKORV in II. Hoping to arrive Dec 12th or 13th and leaving 19th or 20th. We have a wedding to attend around that time. I know there's been a lot of discussions of how some rules have changed this year which affects the availability of those hoping to get an exchange thru II. What's your thoughts on the likelihood of getting my dates? Is the week before Christmas considered a tough time to exchange?

thanks

Woody

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
This is typically low season, so I think you have a good shot of getting those dates. Better, of course, if you deposited a Starwood.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I think you should consider opening your search to other resorts on Maui, in case Starwood stops depositing all Maui weeks. We haven't seen a deposit in many months. Maybe we have all bragged too much about our trades.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think you should consider opening your search to other resorts on Maui, in case Starwood stops depositing all Maui weeks. We haven't seen a deposit in many months. Maybe we have all bragged too much about our trades.

It could be that those who owned lower tier resorts banked their SOs and were able to exchange to Hawaii for the first time this year, as well. But I doubt that we'll stop seeing all Maui deposits in II.

nokaoi9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Sheraton, Westin
I checked on MyStar Central and it shows availability in the south, but not the north. I am now an owner at Ka'anapali but another resort, just thought I would check availability. It seems that the inventory in II is just not there like it used to be. Hopefully your exchange comes through!

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I exchanged in for Dec 14-21 and Dec 13-20 in two separate units, but made the exchange in September so you might be late to the party?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I exchanged in for Dec 14-21 and Dec 13-20 in two separate units, but made the exchange in September so you might be late to the party?

Did you do an Instant Exchange or had you entered an Ongoing Request?

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also, when entering an Ongoing Request, be sure to put the codes for both sides of WKORV into II. I believe they are KAA and KAN, but I could be wrong about that.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
It could be that those who owned lower tier resorts banked their SOs and were able to exchange to Hawaii for the first time this year, as well. But I doubt that we'll stop seeing all Maui deposits in II.

I hope that's the case. Our kids would love to stay at the Westin while we are at our Hono Koa. I want to plan a retirement trip for Rick. 40 years on the Denver Fire Department will be over and done by then. ;)

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you do an Instant Exchange or had you entered an Ongoing Request?

I had an ongoing request filled for WKORVN filled at the end of August, and instant retraded to the December 14 unit at the end of September. At that time I also picked up the Dec 13 studio unit with a Marriott retrade.