• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HCC cross county ski event

S

Steamboat Bill

HIGH COUNTRY CLUB CROSS COUNTRY SKI EVENT

High Country Club is hosting a Cross Country Ski Event in Winter Park!
If you've ever wanted to learn to cross-country ski or maybe just fine-tune your skills, this is the event for you! Dave Jarrett, two-time Olympian and current coach of the US Ski Team, will be teaching this for-members-only clinic.

Date: Saturday, February 9th, 2008
Cost: $165 per person, including trail fee
RSVP Date: Friday, January 11th, 2008
This event is open to all age levels and abilities.

Schedule of Event:

9:00 AM:
  • Check in at Devil’s Thumb Ranch
  • Ski Fitting & Quick Explanation of Technique & Ski-Waxing
9:30 AM:
  • Ski & Instruction
11:30 AM to 1:00 PM:
  • Lunch at the Ranch House Restaurant *
  • A Short Video on the US Nordic Combined Team
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM:
  • Ski & Instruction
* The Ranch house specializes in organic dishes made from scratch. You will be able to order from their menu. Lunch not included in price.
Devil’s Thumb Ranch has a ski rental shop on-site for your rental needs. Equipment rental costs about $20 per day and includes boots, skis & poles.

PLEASE NOTE. There must be at least 10 participants signed up for this class by Friday, January 11th, or the event will be cancelled.
Please reply back to this email if you are interested or contact your Member Services Representative at 866-991-2301. When confirming your interest, please specify if you are more interested in the classic or skate style skiing.
Don’t miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity to learn from the best!

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
When will HCC come up with events like this for the 'on the beach' locations on the East Coast? Oops. They don't have any. :)

S

Steamboat Bill

Did we forget about

Hilton Head, SC
Rosemary Beach, Florida

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Is OuterBanks open for biz?

HH isn't 'on the beach' is it?

Tedpilot

Reaction score
OBX is not open yet...hopefully soon! HH is not on the beach but close.

HCC has not had hardly any events like this that I am aware of. I hope that they increase in the future though.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The map seems to indicate this Rosemary Beach unit is not on the beach. doesn't even look close! Actually ... why in the world would HCC buy in that area at all when there are so many more popular locations right on the beaches in Marco, South Beach, Lauderdale, etc. This one is way out of the way and far from the 'action'. For a small 2 bdrm it doesn't appeal to me at all. Bill ... is there a Hooter's there? :)

http://www.highcountryclub.com/destinations/Rosemary_Beach.asp?mp=1

HH does look nice but I wonder how close 'close to the beach' is?

Did we forget about

Hilton Head, SC
Rosemary Beach, Florida

vineyarder

Reaction score
The map seems to indicate this Rosemary Beach unit is not on the beach. doesn't even look close! Actually ... why in the world would HCC buy in that area at all when there are so many more popular locations right on the beaches in Marco, South Beach, Lauderdale, etc. This one is way out of the way and far from the 'action'. For a small 2 bdrm it doesn't appeal to me at all.

That was my reaction as well when both PE and HCC acquired properties in Rosemary Beach, but the properties and destination have received rave reviews from members of both clubs... and a friend that lives in Napa loves it so much that he just bought a vacation home there as well. Guess I'll have to check it out sometime...

S

Steamboat Bill

The panhandle of Florida (the Emerald coast) is an awesome location for beachgoers and vacations. I have been there several times. The sand is a crisp white powder that actually “squeaks” as you walk on it. The water is warm and the small communities that dot the areas are quaint.

This area includes Fort Walton Beach and Santa Rosa Counties. This area redefines the word relaxing.

The most famous location is Seaside, where the Jim Carry - The Truman Show movie was filmed. The prices of homes directly on the beach are in the multi-millions.

There are several smaller less expensive communities a few miles up and down the road from Seaside that are equally nice including Water Color (PE has a home here), Rosemary Beach (HCC property location), Seacrest, and Grayton.

There are dozens of timeshares in the Destin area and one of my favorites is the Club Intrawest at Sandestin. I am no expert on all the timeshares in that area, but I have visited Sandestin and really liked the location. They have a free shuttle that takes you to the beach if you don’t want to walk. There is a fantastic shopping and restaurants within walking distance.

Only the most expensive properties are actually located on an unobstructed beach location and they are extremely expensive. Most properties are a block or two from the beach. Most of the high-rises appear to be limited to the Destin area and the other areas have three story buildings or less.

A walk to the beach from any Florida panhandle Destination Club property would be about twice as long as a walk to the beach from the Marriott BeachPlace in Fort Lauderdale. The main difference is there is very little traffic in the panhandle.