• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Access

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This years members directory has National Harbor listed as having inventory in Club Wyndham Access.

Does that mean that the deeded owners have less inventory available to them than they did last year (for ARP) because some is now set aside for the Club Access members? Or does everyone see the same inventory at the 13 month mark?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
More questions

I probably should have gotten the answer to this question before I bought 2 weeks at Avenue Plaza, but I didnt, so here goes?

Wyndham didnt develop this resort (it was built as a hotel) nor did they do the conversion to timeshares. Now its a Wyndham managed facility with some Wyndham points owners, and some floating weeks owner, some special events weeks owners (mardi Gras, jazz fest and the sugar bowl), Worldmark Owners and the place is on the list of Club Wyndham Access resorts.

Although this resort may have a more complex ownership structure than most, I know there are similar situations at other Wyndham properties, with Weeks owners, converted weeks owners, udi owners with points and club access points owners.

My question is how does all this work regarding reservation priority? Does each ownership group have its own rules? and does each group have its own inventory? (My concern is that there might be availability, but not for me. Whats available may be a WorldMark unit, or a Club access unit, and not available to an old weeks owner.) And what happens at the 10 month point... Is everything available, available to everyone?

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
My question is how does all this work regarding reservation priority? Does each ownership group have its own rules? and does each group have its own inventory? (My concern is that there might be availability, but not for me. Whats available may be a WorldMark unit, or a Club access unit, and not available to an old weeks owner.) And what happens at the 10 month point... Is everything available, available to everyone?

Each group has it's own pool to draw from. So yours is likely a small subset of all available units - in this case a very small number. At 10 months any points owner can claim the use with their points.

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ron, I can't answer your exact questions, but wanted you to know that I love your thoughtful questions. I learn a lot by following the answers you get on the forums.

If you can't find out this way, maybe you will have to log in to the Wyndham site weekly and check what you can see available to you. Keep a record and after one year, you will know what may be possible for you.

The only thing I know for sure is we had no trouble reserving 3 nights at Avenue Plaza beginning April 12. We are planning to celebrate Hubby's birthday by riding up and down the street car line and having dinner at Emerils. :)

rrlongwell

Reaction score
This years members directory has National Harbor listed as having inventory in Club Wyndham Access.

Does that mean that the deeded owners have less inventory available to them than they did last year (for ARP) because some is now set aside for the Club Access members? Or does everyone see the same inventory at the 13 month mark?

ARP priority Inventory Pool: Just called Wyndham, other than Presidential Reserve, they indicated the Inventory Pools are the same. Regarding ARP rights at National Harbor or any other resort that is listed in the current Members Directory (on-line), ARP priveledges are the same for all resorts listed in the Acess portion of the directory. They confirmed they are seeing what I have seen a number of times, reservation availability is more extensive on line than through the reservation system. That may be why there is some confusion on internet posts wondering if there are not more availability pools than are being disclosed on line. It stands to reason if you are a deeded owner at National Harbor and if National Harbor has just been added to the ACCESS program, it is not a matter of there being a less number of units available, it is a matter that their are now many many more people allowed to use the ARP program at National Harbor. This would probably result in the same net effect, a significantly less number of units available for a owner at National Harbor for deeded owners. If sales staff at various locations are correct, some other resorts have receipical agreements with National Harbor for advanced scheduling priority. I am amazed at how many people are using National Harbor given it only opened awhile ago. Their eligablity pool for use at National Harbor very well may be one of the largest in the Wyndham System (I believe some or all Myrtle Beach resorts have some sort of advance scheduling priority into National Harbor).

It is my understanding that although their may be some overlapping use of the Worldmark Resorts by Worldmark owners and Wyndham Vacation Resorts owners, Worldmark owners units and Wyndham Vacation Resorts owners do not share the same unit availability pool.

There maybe changes in the works for National Harbor and similar high demand resorts. A recent sales pitch for me to convernt to a Presidential Reserve unit at National Harbor stressed that National Harbor and all Myrtle Beach resorts (summer usage only) and other high demand resorts are being broken off from the current reservations system and being placed in what is called a Tier 1 grouping (impressive hand drawn schetches of the Tier system (in the form of a pyrimid) are drawn during the presentation).

The talk of breaking summers out of the current reservation system for Myrtle Beach was of some concern to me given I own five timeshares in Myrtle Beach. I do not use the summer montly at Myrtle Beach. Howver, it is to bad that if this salesman is right, and I do not buy his timeshare at National Harbor or another Tier 1 resort, I will no longer have any right to use Myrtle Beach in summer months. ARP or otherwise.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks to all that answered and helped to relieve my confusion.

Although I am now the proud owner of some Wyndham points, I havent yet been recognized by Wyndham and put into their system...so I cant check this stuff out for myself, yet..

I know...I know, Patience is a virtue but in this age of instant communication, I want my answers now. Thanks again for helping me get along without any (patience or virtue)

By the way I sent $15 off to TUG last night, and am waiting (patiently) for my membership info. I hope they arent as slow as Wyndham.

Im looking forward to visiting family in DC and Halloween in New Orleans (staying at the Wyndham resorts).

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... Im looking forward to visiting family in DC and Halloween in New Orleans (staying at the Wyndham resorts).

This is the best keeped secret in the Wyndham System for those wanting to stay in the DC area (let's keep it that way). Old Town Alexandria is about 15 minutes from National Harbor. Has better choise of restarants at cheaper prices and better quality (in my opionion). It does not have the parking fees that are present at National Harbor (10 or 11 dollars per day is what I pay Wyndham when I am at National Harbor). The facilities are older but much much nicer. Currently, I am not experience significant problems getting into National Harbor and Old Town Alexandria under short notice reservations. If you want me to look anything else up for you, let me know. On the issue of getting your timeshare(s) reconized by Wyndham, keep bugging the Title Department (ask for a supervisor).

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im a DC native and learned to drive in the 60's navigating DuPont Circle to and from the bars in Georgetown. However once I started commuting to work on the Metro I refused to drive into town for any reason. If my destination was not within walking distance of the Metro I didnt go.

Its proximity to a metro stop is why I want to stay in Alexandria. But my wife wants National Harbor........Im on the losing side of that discussion

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Im a DC native and learned to drive in the 60's navigating DuPont Circle to and from the bars in Georgetown. However once I started commuting to work on the Metro I refused to drive into town for any reason. If my destination was not within walking distance of the Metro I didnt go.

Its proximity to a metro stop is why I want to stay in Alexandria. But my wife wants National Harbor........Im on the losing side of that discussion

You are right on both counts. Maybe your wife will change her mind over the years and pick the better facility, Old Town Alexandria.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is the best keeped secret in the Wyndham System for those wanting to stay in the DC area (let's keep it that way). Old Town Alexandria is about 15 minutes from National Harbor. Has better choise of restarants at cheaper prices and better quality (in my opionion). It does not have the parking fees that are present at National Harbor (10 or 11 dollars per day is what I pay Wyndham when I am at National Harbor). The facilities are older but much much nicer. Currently, I am not experience significant problems getting into National Harbor and Old Town Alexandria under short notice reservations. If you want me to look anything else up for you, let me know. On the issue of getting your timeshare(s) reconized by Wyndham, keep bugging the Title Department (ask for a supervisor).

Agreed. Old Town is one of the top 5 Wyndham resorts and a great location - much better than National Harbor IMO. If I had to pick between the two it would be OT every time but one (as we like to see ne resorts at least once for ourselves).

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all, please explain what was meant by "talk of breaking summer out of the current reservations system for Myrtle Beach". I recently bought resale and am still waiting for the transfer to happen at Seawatch. Are you saying I will not be able to reserve a summer week? I am feeling really anxious right now. Thanks, Sue

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
.... A recent sales pitch for me to convernt to a Presidential Reserve unit at National Harbor stressed that National Harbor and all Myrtle Beach resorts (summer usage only) and other high demand resorts are being broken off from the current reservations system and being placed in what is called a Tier 1 grouping (impressive hand drawn schetches of the Tier system (in the form of a pyrimid) are drawn during the presentation).
The talk of breaking summers out of the current reservation system for Myrtle Beach was of some concern to me given I own five timeshares in Myrtle Beach. I do not use the summer montly at Myrtle Beach. Howver, it is to bad that if this salesman is right, and I do not buy his timeshare at National Harbor or another Tier 1 resort, I will no longer have any right to use Myrtle Beach in summer months. ARP or otherwise.

Was the salesman's lips MOVING??? It is a big head trip to make someone feel that they are losing something that they cherish - like booking Myrtle Beach in the summer with their points at their home resort. Those UDI points are deeded. Undivided Deeded Interest - not tier of BS from a TS salesman. In a triangle drawing to make you want to be at the top of the dog pile - you guys are so conditioned by football to never be on the bottom of the heap.

And as for doing ARP at 2 resorts, it has been done before. Another sales hook - get 2 ARP resorts for the over-price developer purchase price. Do you all SEE the number of points required for National Harbor - it is really large as is Ocean Blvd & the cottages reservations. How many points for a summer week? How much is that in MFs? If you all really want to be at the beach in the summer, go to Florida - same ocean with white sand and blue water. And the Wyndhams in Pompano cost a lot less in points for a week.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all, please explain what was meant by "talk of breaking summer out of the current reservations system for Myrtle Beach". I recently bought resale and am still waiting for the transfer to happen at Seawatch. Are you saying I will not be able to reserve a summer week? I am feeling really anxious right now. Thanks, Sue

Panic. Fear. Irrational ways to save the (TS vacation) ship. Just buy $30,000 of TS from Wyndham to get 1 week in a 1 bdr in a Bldg 4 (the one not on the beach and across the street from the other 3 towers). And next year, when you complain about not seeing the waves and playing FROGGER as you cross road with you family, their solution will be "just buy $30,000 of TS from Wyndham to get that 1 week on the beach side of the highway".

Panic. Fear. Repeat. Want the 3rd year TS salesman plan for you all? Kids too big to sleep on the sofabed of the 1bdr? Need a 2bdr instead? "just buy $30,000 of TS again from Wyndham...." .

rrlongwell

Reaction score

Like Linda, I am not sure that the sales talk is real. But the Sales Pitch is claiming under the new Tier 1, 2, 3 system, the resorts are rated into one of the tiers. Tier 1 resorts can schedule into all three Tiers. Reserverations can go down to the less desirable tiers but not up to the Tier 1 level. New contracts are required to be purchased in Tier One properties. Only two were identified, National Harbor and Summer Months at the Myrtle Beach properties. Requirements for a National Harbor require special credit approval (which the sales rep said I already had). If I am offered a new Tier 1 purchase and decline, I can no longer buy in Tier 1 properties. He advised me that since the Computer showed I declined an offer to purchase at National Harbor, the computer was coded to prohibit any other offers in Tier 1 resorts. He also assured me since I had never signed a piece of paper declining the purchase, that he would file an incident report on the breach of the proceedure. He brought me the incident report and had us sign off on it.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
An incident report - that the sales bs didn't fly? Only two resorts in Tier 1 - what about the wonderful Bonnet Creek with the Presidential Reserve building? Or Reunion Resort with the guard gate? Has Wyndham broken ground on a whole new generation of resorts in exotic places like Key West, Cape Cod, downtown Chicago, Jackson Hole, downtown Seattle, Martha's Vineyard, etc.

As for National Harbor, I have stayed there. It is not that special - nice, but a vast wasteland with overprice food, empty storefronts, and the Gaylord. And the Wyndham ain't no Gaylord. :hysterical:

And none of this Tier stuff was on glossy printed paper with the pictures of the families, grandparents with grey hair playing tennis, happy couples playing golf .... no posters in the sales floor. Oh, pleaseee ...

If the salesman's lips where moving .....

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
But I bought points, and I thought points are points. This would affect alot of people who bought resale. Does anyone know if legally they can tell someone who has enough points to reserve a prime summer week at their home resort that they have changed the rules and your points are only good off season? I don't see how this can be. Sue

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
But I bought points, and I thought points are points. This would affect alot of people who bought resale. Does anyone know if legally they can tell someone who has enough points to reserve a prime summer week at their home resort that they have changed the rules and your points are only good off season? I don't see how this can be. Sue

None of this Tier 1 malarky has been said to be in printed Wyndham material on these prior posts. Please just consider scraps of papers with doodles to be just moments away from the trash container. Reading other, older threads discussing some of the questionable sales tactics, you will quickly recognize that how a new flim-flam idea to create the illusion of "hurry up and save your vacation life style" by "oh yeah BUYING MORE POINTS" from the salesman/Wyndham travels the resort circuit like lightening. These guys/gals move around - how many Myrtle Beach TS sales people stay in the dead of Winter in SC. I hear Hawaii. Had a Hawaii hang-tag say he spent several months in San Diego before coming to FL in late Jan. Plus, Wyndham flies the sales staff around for party weekends.

Last edited:

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
He advised me that since the Computer showed I declined an offer to purchase at National Harbor, the computer was coded to prohibit any other offers in Tier 1 resorts. He also assured me since I had never signed a piece of paper declining the purchase, that he would file an incident report on the breach of the proceedure. He brought me the incident report and had us sign off on it.

This sounds entirely like a variation on the scheme where they say "Oh, didn't you get the invitation to the banquet?" You have missed the huge offer from the banquet and now we will have to offer your account an exception! If you don't buy this option today, you will have to sign away your rights to it forever... yeah right! :D

Rob&Carol Q

Reaction score
This sounds entirely like a variation on the scheme where they say "Oh, didn't you get the invitation to the banquet?" You have missed the huge offer from the banquet and now we will have to offer your account an exception! If you don't buy this option today, you will have to sign away your rights to it forever... yeah right! :D

Hey! I've heard that line before too!:hysterical:

Almost verbatim actually...

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Wyndham scam at Old Town Alexandria

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please see the above new thread, I did not start it. Interesting. The sales staff at Old Alexandria is one of the resorts selling the National Habor timeshares.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
More sales BS - get the boots we're drowning!

Like Linda, I am not sure that the sales talk is real. But the Sales Pitch is claiming under the new Tier 1, 2, 3 system, the resorts are rated into one of the tiers. Tier 1 resorts can schedule into all three Tiers. Reserverations can go down to the less desirable tiers but not up to the Tier 1 level. New contracts are required to be purchased in Tier One properties. Only two were identified, National Harbor and Summer Months at the Myrtle Beach properties. Requirements for a National Harbor require special credit approval (which the sales rep said I already had). If I am offered a new Tier 1 purchase and decline, I can no longer buy in Tier 1 properties. He advised me that since the Computer showed I declined an offer to purchase at National Harbor, the computer was coded to prohibit any other offers in Tier 1 resorts. He also assured me since I had never signed a piece of paper declining the purchase, that he would file an incident report on the breach of the proceedure. He brought me the incident report and had us sign off on it.

Tier schmeir - points are points and they cannot change that! They can and have created Presidential purchase levels of ownership that, when sold with stated rights and restrictions, can create an expensive group that does hold special reservation priority but only to inventory held by those tiny groups nit the general inventory as it is assigned to points owners. Get it clear that these are desperate sales weasels in a bad economy trying to sell you a product that loses 95% or more of its value on the 10th day you own it! They are NOT going to be truthful. Being a "tier 1" owner may sound enticing (as does VIP) but if you understand how inventory is allowed under the law to be assigned Tier 1 can only get priority for the tiny percentage of inventory & points owned by other Tier 1 owners NOT the general owners pool. Tier 1 members are more likely to find no inventory than a mere points owner/non-VIP is as the pool for Tier 1 is so small. It is all sales BS and if you buy into it you'll regret it forever. THAT is guaranteed. Sign off on the "breech" - these guys are laughing at what people will fall for and gladly taking tens of thousands they know is wasted by the buyers. Don't believe a word of what they spew. Never be "allowed" to buy tier 1? Thank your lucky stars! And don't actually offer to buy it (despite the "ban") or they will likely trample each other trying to get the sales agreement in front of you to sign & you'll be charged with intentional manslaughter! What a joke this whole line of bull is.

Last edited:

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Don't worry. Points ARE points. Everything that they are saying is strictly sales bull and reeks of sales lies. You understand it right - don't even talk to the lying sales weasels as they will upset you in a (hopefully) futile attempt to get you to pay far too much for a product you don't need and certainly don't want to pay valuable dollars for as they are trashed/gone the day your rescind rights end but you'll owe Wyndham until it is fully paid. Tens of thousands for a (good) product that is worth pennies - buy ONLY at the penny level or regret it. Do not believe the sales BS.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is pure fabrication, just like last years pitch....unless you upgrade to VIP and swap into the Wyndham Club Access, you will be limited to your home resort.....Someone needs to get this stuff recorded. I wonder what the reaction will be when I tell them my plan is to wait six months and start picking up their tier 1 points on ebay for a buck

e.bram

Reaction score
Points, schmoints:
Tier 1 is owning a fixed week in a prime unit during prime time.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Points, schmoints:
Tier 1 is owning a fixed week in a prime unit during prime time.

Their is a Tier System under Wyndham Rewards, However, apparently Tier 1 is the lowest, Tier 4 is the highest. Re-reviewed the handwritten diagram done by the salesman and confirmed the Tier program that he said Wyndham Vacation Resorts was going to had Tier 1 as the high and Tier 3 as the low. Am still trying to get more info on what this criter is.

The large majority of Wyndham Rewards hotel members are located in the USA and three brands represent 70% of the USA Wyndham Rewards hotel member properties: Ramada, Super 8, and Days Inn.

There are four tiers of hotel redemption levels for US domestic hotels.

Tier 1 = 6,000 points for a free hotel night
Tier 2 = 10,000 points for a free hotel night
Tier 3 = 14,000 points for a free hotel night
Tier 4 = 16,000 points for a free hotel night

Unless you already have sufficient Wyndham Rewards points to actually book a hotel stay, the member is unable to find out through the website to which of the four tiers a particular hotel belongs. The website will simply reply with a message to the member of insufficient points for a free night.

To get USA hotels redemption information for the vast majority of Wyndham Rewards hotel members requires a phone call. My phone call for Monterey area hotels revealed that Salinas has some Tier 2 hotels, but all the Wyndham Rewards member hotels for the Monterey Peninsula are Tier 3 and Tier 4. The hotels here locally are the same price as the Amsterdam Ramada.

Last edited: