• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Tell your friend to call and ask - try this number to start: (877) 234-3435. If that's not the right number they will point her in the right direction.

Will do. Thanks.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
It will be interesting in January to see what happens, I have 40 contracts that when the 2018 points are available Ill pool and then hide in reservations, And then Ill try to get Wyndham to take back the contracts

Ron, I was curious what happened with this situation.

JustAllie

Reaction score
I guess this is as good a thread as any to post about my recent phone call with Ovation.

I have two Wyndham timeshares in Williamsburg, both deeded fixed week springtime units, one at Patriots' Place and one at Kingsgate. I haven't stayed in the actual units in years, and since my uncle (who lived in Williamsburg) has passed away, there's little reason to go back there anymore. For the past few years most of my weeks have ended up deposited, and I haven't found many good trades through RCI available to me as a fixed week owner.

I tried offering one of my weeks here on TUG for free in the Bargain Deals area, and someone pointed me to the Ovation program. I finally got around to calling them today.

For my two fixed weeks in Williamsburg, Wyndham gave me three options:

- Give the timeshare(s) back to Wyndham at no cost to me
- Contact one of two recommended timeshare resellers to see if the units could be sold
- Transfer the unit(s) for no cost to an immediate family member

I had no idea that this program existed, and I'm feeling very pleased that my two timeshare properties are eligible for this program. They didn't make any mention of the "Limited Edition" option I've seen discussed on this forum, so I'm not sure if this means that the units aren't eligible for that program. Maybe that's only for Points owners or for people at certain resorts.

I'm trying to decide what to do. One issue is that I have deposits with RCI that add up to 97 TPUs. If I don't come up with a good idea for using them for a reservation, they would disappear when I transfer the units to Wyndham. From what the Wyndham person told me, reservations with Wyndham would go away, banked weeks with RCI would go away, but existing reservations with RCI would stay. They would send back any overpayments I had made on the unit (e.g. next year's prepaid maintenance fees).

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai

- Contact one of two recommended timeshare resellers to see if the units could be sold

Who are the recommended timeshare resellers?

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess this is as good a thread as any to post about my recent phone call with Ovation.

I have two Wyndham timeshares in Williamsburg, both deeded fixed week springtime units, one at Patriots' Place and one at Kingsgate. I haven't stayed in the actual units in years, and since my uncle (who lived in Williamsburg) has passed away, there's little reason to go back there anymore. For the past few years most of my weeks have ended up deposited, and I haven't found many good trades through RCI available to me as a fixed week owner.

I tried offering one of my weeks here on TUG for free in the Bargain Deals area, and someone pointed me to the Ovation program. I finally got around to calling them today.

I had no idea that this program existed, and I'm feeling very pleased that my two timeshare properties are eligible for this program. They didn't make any mention of the "Limited Edition" option I've seen discussed on this forum, so I'm not sure if this means that the units aren't eligible for that program. Maybe that's only for Points owners or for people at certain resorts.

I'm trying to decide what to do. One issue is that I have deposits with RCI that add up to 97 TPUs. If I don't come up with a good idea for using them for a reservation, they would disappear when I transfer the units to Wyndham. From what the Wyndham person told me, reservations with Wyndham would go away, banked weeks with RCI would go away, but existing reservations with RCI would stay. They would send back any overpayments I had made on the unit (e.g. next year's prepaid maintenance fees).

What is there to think about?

People spend thousands of dollars to get rid of timeshares.

I'd let it go before they change their mind.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas

JustAllie,
If you have deeded weeks and are paying for your own RCI membership, then you would not lose your 97 tpu deposit credit. The info you were given would be applicable if you had Wyndham points deposited with RCI. If you had prepaid 2017 MF and already deposited the unit, and were reimbursing the 2017 MF then they might be able to take back the 2017 deposit associated tpu's. If they can't then likely they would just not reimburse you and let you keep the credits. In a Wyndham points account they pay for and control your RCI account and when they cancel the account the points go poof. If you own weeks, they don't and can't cancel your rci account, so you keep them.

My understanding is Ovations takes longer when dealing with weeks rather than points but for a mid season week like your it would probably be the fastest and easiest way to get rid of the week.

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your banked weeks with rci shouldn't go away as long as you pay your annual rci fee. I think that is more for Wyndham points. They can't take away already banked points. Either way, the refund on your 2017 prepaid fees will put you well ahead of where you thought you would be at the beginning of this process.

JustAllie

Reaction score
Wow, great info, thanks. That's reassuring -- I was hating the idea of having to scramble to make reservations for several future vacations to use up those TPUs.

I had prepaid the 2017 maintenance fees on both units but only deposited the Kingsgate unit, since my Patriots' Place unit falls the week after Easter next year and thus has a chance of being "rentable." Or, as I later thought, it might be a good year to give it away, since the use of next year's week is more attractive than it would be most years. And then you told me about Ovation. :)

It probably makes more sense to ask for the 2017 maintenance fees back on that unit. I may even try to get back the fees on the Kingsgate unit and let them take back those points.

How long can someone remain an RCI member after they've sold off all their timeshares? For as long as I keep paying dues, or is there a time limit?

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
As long as you pay the dues you can keep the RCI account. If you don't have any tpu's coming in to combine with though your credits will eventually expire but you can still keep rci if you wanted to for the extra vacations and last calls.

JustAllie

Reaction score
I called the Ovation people again, and the 2nd customer service rep, just like the first, is convinced that my RCI account and all my unreserved deposits will go *poof* as soon as I turn over the timeshares to them. She also did not believe there is any way to get a refund of maintenance fees. I guess she must not have dealt with a Weeks member before?

She recommended that I call RCI to confirm that my account will stay open, and I guess I would be calling the resort to see if it's possible to get those 2017 maintenance fees back, since that's where I sent the payment. (She was going to give me the phone number for Wyndham Financial Services to ask them about a refund, but I never deal with Wyndham when it comes to MF payments. I send my money to the two resorts' Property Owners Associations.)

Anyway, it sounds like this is going to take some more footwork on my part. But the phone rep did seem convinced that the Ovation program and this offer would be around for a long time, so maybe it's not too urgent.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I called the Ovation people again, and the 2nd customer service rep, just like the first, is convinced that my RCI account and all my unreserved deposits will go *poof* as soon as I turn over the timeshares to them. She also did not believe there is any way to get a refund of maintenance fees. I guess she must not have dealt with a Weeks member before?

The folks at the call center really don't have much of any experience with weeks owners. Since Wyndham does not pay for your RCI account, it will stay intact (same as if you had deposited your units to Interval International, or SFX or one of the other exchange companies).

If you own points, the RCI account is paid for by Wyndham as part of your club fee. When your points ownership goes away, your RCI account goes with it.

1songbird

TUG Member
Reaction score
I gave my fixed week Wyndham back through Ovations last year. I had TPUs banked in RCI and still do. As mentioned above, you own that account and pay for it yourself. Wyndham has no access to it so your Banked time will still be available. The prepaid maintenance is another story but you should receive it back if they get the closing done before it is owed. It took ours about 6 weeks from start to completion. Part of the slow down was on our end because our daughter was on the deed with us and lives in another state.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you can not get your pre-paid MF back- which I haven't heard that being offered for weeks then at least make sure you deposit the week into RCI. Even if they can refund the pre-paid amount, I doubt it will be possible for the week you already deposited, unless no one exchanged into the week.

kentmccain

Reaction score
anybody know who the officers of the Fairshare Vacation Owners Association is in 2016?
IN 2015 it was Geoff Richards , Hebeler and Henandez
thanks for the help !!

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
anybody know who the officers of the Fairshare Vacation Owners Association is in 2016?
thanks for the help !!

I suggest starting a new thread on this. You are burying your question in threads of a different topic (IMO).

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help !!

sounds like a law firm

Its still Richards for sure, and Im almost positive Hernandez.. I just dont know about Hebeler

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Ovations - Legacy - Family Transfer

Has anyone done a family transfer using Ovations?

I requested to transfer from my Dad to his 5 children (keeping in one account to maintain VIP platinum status). I was told by one person that all existing reservations would be cancelled (that we would get a new member number and the reservations would not transfer). I was told by a 2nd person that we could keep the same member number and our reservations would be okay.

Both suggested contacting a VC to find out for sure (which is very concerning, if the Ovations department doesn't know, I don't expect a VC to). The Ovations person also suggested a VC could tell me what contract the points for a reservation came from (I've not been successful in that area in the past, either).

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done a family transfer using Ovations?

I requested to transfer from my Dad to his 5 children (keeping in one account to maintain VIP platinum status). I was told by one person that all existing reservations would be cancelled (that we would get a new member number and the reservations would not transfer). I was told by a 2nd person that we could keep the same member number and our reservations would be okay.

Both suggested contacting a VC to find out for sure (which is very concerning, if the Ovations department doesn't know, I don't expect a VC to). The Ovations person also suggested a VC could tell me what contract the points for a reservation came from (I've not been successful in that area in the past, either).
Tribute, is part of ovation, and it is so new i doubt any by tuggers have been done. I would imagine that the only difference is the $299 fee is waived from the standard transfer procedure. Ask for title services.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JustAllie

Reaction score
I wanted to come back and post in this thread about my successful transaction with Wyndham using the Ovation program. Just this week I got confirmation from Wyndham that they have accepted my two timeshare weeks, and I am now relieved of any future obligations to Wyndham.

I managed to get back the pre-paid maintenance fees on the week I had not yet banked with RCI, and I have a bunch of banked TPUs with RCI for weeks that I had already deposited. Overall this seems like an excellent program. I only wish it had been available years ago when I first started struggling with paying the maintenance fees on my timeshares!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Our resort- Smugglers Notch (which is now a Wyndham Resort, though Wyndham is in charge of sales and management is still private)- sent out a survey about 2 months ago asking various questions about owners' interest in a buy/take back program. Termed it a "farewell" program. We still have not heard anything back about it. They sent out the survey to owners in waves.

I imagine they are getting a lot of input from Wyndham. First they came up with a new rental policy and then they came up with new benefits plans for owners who might want to renew, and now this. I guess they are revamping everything to meet the conditions of the marketplace.

I am curious to see what they come up with as we are getting near that point where we would probably consider it. We are fixed week owners (one week with an attached, pre assigned float week also)

Last edited:

bellesgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I contacted Wyndham today about deeding back one of my weeks. I have not paid the 2017 maintenance fees yet, but I have received the bill which is due 1/1/2017. It's doubtful this will get completed before then, so should I pay my fees and deposit my week now? Since I have the bill already am I obligated to pay the fee regardless? What happens if I don't pay the fees and just incur the late penalty? The week itself is not until July 2017.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
I successfully did one resale contract and is updated...not exactly sure how my 2016 ressies will turn out. Just sent in 3 more contracts today and I'm keeping my 300K Glacier Canyon contract. All of them I got resale and used them very successfully in Wyn internal system and for Disney RCI trades and when you could get just about any resort up to 2 BRs so I feel I made out like a bandit and to give 650K pts back at no cost to me seems like icing on the cake. No fuss no muss so far - I'm sure I just jinxed myself but do it before they change their minds.

My concern is how my 2017 Ressies will be impacted but if they canceled them all no big deal I could deal with it for dumping the contracts at no cost. I will deposit my remaining 2016 pts into RCI as all my are calendar year UYs. I was very happy to see this program but if something happens I don't mind keeping the pts we will use them. But I see us renting as a more economical long term hedge. We use to use them at Glacier Canyon all the time for last minute but that has turned into such a renting racket it is impossible to get in there for any weekends period much less any desirable dates and summer. I understand why but just makes the pts not as useful to one of the original reasons we got them, and why we are keeping the 300k contract for the booking period to get those desirable dates.

...on a side note I went to check my RCI account and what a hot mess since whatever changes they just did YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kev5982

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I am going through a divorce and have 6 deeds to give back.
They told me some of the deeds can't be given back because the points are current.
I have credit pooled points and used them, so they wont be current until the end of next year.
Has any one else ran into this problem?