• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2015] About to Start the Foreclosure Process

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Bankruptcy is one form of discharge of debt and there are others. To call them deadbeats is short sided, bigoted and narrow minded. Saying those people are to dumb to manage their life shows your ignorance. Don't trip off that pedestal you put yourself on.

Discharge of a debt is not a right. Try it with your house mortgage. It is a gesture by the holder of your debt. Mostly given to deadbeats, where "getting blood from a turnip" is a waste of time and money. Or those who are too dumb to manage their life, or cannot control themselves. And a few unfortunate souls who through no fault of their own are put into that situation as in old age, disability etc.,where their only solution, after trying to give away or sell.
Buying a timeshare does NOT fit into the category of a reasonable reason to relieve debt. They should be forced into bankruptcy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Discharge of a debt is not a right. Try it with your house mortgage. It is a gesture by the holder of your debt. Mostly given to deadbeats, where "getting blood from a turnip" is a waste of time and money. Or those who are too dumb to manage their life, or cannot control themselves. And a few unfortunate souls who through no fault of their own are put into that situation as in old age, disability etc.,where their only solution, after trying to give away or sell.
Buying a timeshare does NOT fit into the category of a reasonable reason to relieve debt. They should be forced into bankruptcy.

Ray - I'm thinking you must have a split personality, because you wrote this compassionate response in post #35 in this same thread. But now, you want to force the OP into bankruptcy?
Man I can't even imagine what your going through. We hope that Wyndham has compassion. For those who have no debt, at least there is resale and Ovation.

Your most recent post was out of line - I recommend that you not post in this thread any more.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good Morning! OP here. NOTHING ZERO NADA to report. It's been radio silence for the both of us.....yet I still get the travel magazine in the mail. I was wondering if they'll start it back up around the holidays, or if they are working on more pressing matters than ours, but I told ex to NOT contact them no matter how badly he wants to know what they're doing on their end. I do occasionally wonder why they're dragging their feet on this. Just close out the issue / "prosecute" us and get it over with already. Hmmm. Thoughts?

therese

TUG Member
Reaction score
wyndham foreclosure

I am glad to hear via this thread that wyndham won't put lien on your home. That is one good thing if you have to go into foreclosure.

Reaction score
Can you still access tour account?
If not, I suspect you not longer exist in Wyndam's world. :banana:

I'm late seeing this! I wonder why I didn't get the notification. Anyways! Nope, I can't access anything. And I haven't heard ONE.FRIGGIN.PEEP from them at ALL. No correspondence, no calls, zip.

Last edited:

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Vacation Ownership La Casada Resort San Antonio, Texas.

I have been lurking on this site for about 2.5 years. I discovered it about 2 months AFTER my soon to be ex husband and I purchased ownership at La Cascada (San Antonio, TX). We have 308k annual points, and we were paying a LOT for it in maintenance and loan fess.....almost $1k/month.

Wyndham La Cascada is located along the famous River Walk at 226 Dwyer Avenue, less than two blocks from the downtown River Walk loop in San Antonio, Texas. Valet Parking is available for $18 per day per vehicle .

Have you been checking Bexar County Recorder
of Deeds, Mortgages and Foreclosure Records?

https://bexar.acttax.com/act_webdev/bexar/index.jsp

Reaction score
Hi Miss_Marty,

I didn't think to check there. That's a good idea! I'll report back with what I've found, if anything......

Wyndhamgotme

Reaction score
Hi Miss_Marty,

I didn't think to check there. That's a good idea! I'll report back with what I've found, if anything......

I just bought timshare from Wyndham. I am also late to the party. I am upsidedown butt****

So I am a little confused from reading and reading and reading. What option did you go with at the end? You chose to pay for that small portion to end everything? Or did you still not pay a single dim?

I am about to start my own foreclosure too. Thanks so much by the way. Can I donate some money to you when I am out of this situation?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I'm not sure it is accurate to call it a "small portion," because GoChiefsorBust has been an owner for 3.5 years.

GoCheifsorBust choose foreclosure.

That means, that she has lost all the money that she already paid: down payment, monthly payments, and monthly maintenance fees - for 3.5 years.

It also means that she defaulted on the loan, and there may or may not be consequences - such as damage to her credit rating - although so far, she hasn't found any.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think WyndhamGotMe is referring to the offer to pay 15% of the loan to have the credit report reduced from Foreclosure to Settled for Less Than Owed.

She chose not to pay them any more money.

Wyndhamgotme

Reaction score
I think WyndhamGotMe is referring to the offer to pay 15% of the loan to have the credit report reduced from Foreclosure to Settled for Less Than Owed.

She chose not to pay them any more money.

Ty, that's what I was looking for.

Good to know.

Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone! Just checking back in to say that as of today, (December 30, 2016) I have not heard anything from a creditor / Wyndham....the same goes for my ex. I am, however, still receiving the magazine that is sent out? Not sure if that means they still consider us owners or what not.....Any ways, I'll check back in about 3 months from now....sorry I can't contribute more of a better update. Have a safe New Years!

Reaction score
I just bought timshare from Wyndham. I am also late to the party. I am upsidedown butt****

So I am a little confused from reading and reading and reading. What option did you go with at the end? You chose to pay for that small portion to end everything? Or did you still not pay a single dim?

I am about to start my own foreclosure too. Thanks so much by the way. Can I donate some money to you when I am out of this situation?

Hello Wyndhamgotme!

Good luck with your situation, I hope you have received some answers and guidance. The people here on the forum are really knowledgeable! And thanks for the offer of donation, but PLEASE use that to build up your savings for a rainy day fund! The money that I was pouring into Wyndham I now put into savings (which greatly helped me when my 22 year old car died and I had to get a new one! Wouldn't have been able to afford it if I were still struggling to make Wyndham payments).....you're so kind to even offer :)

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

It's tax season, and I have an update. Ex received a 1099-A (Acquisition or Abandonment of Secured Property Form) from Wyndham. It's NOT a 1099-C (which states that the debt has been forgiven), but it's the only piece of correspondence we have received in months, so......Anyways! Here's hoping that the next piece of mail IS a 1099-C and we can all move on with our lives. FYI, the 1099-A is just for record; I don't have to file this on the taxes.

Have a great day~

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tax Topics - Topic 432 Form 1099-A

‎ A commercial lender canceling a debt will issue a Form 1099-C
(PDF), Cancellation of Debt, to report the cancellation.

On Form 1099-A, the lender reports the amount of the debt owed (principal only) and the fair market value of the secured property as of the date of the acquisition or abandonment of the property.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc432.html

spartyfan17

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham access owner
Hi newbie here, I’ve been reading this thread as it has been an option my husband and I have been considering. I’m just wondering what happened?

OMG!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum
I'm in deep trouble...of my own making. December 2016, bought points in NYC to become "legit" owner (I had 2 weeks given to me following death in family). Feb. 2017, vacation in Daytona and bought into CWA. Never considered how I'd make payments except to pay minimums until I figured things out.
And I hid all of this from my husband...opened a bank account, credit card and personal loan without his knowledge. I know now how stupid and deceitful that was but at the time it made sense ( we both work and have good incomes and little debts).
Then I head to New Orleans ( great time!) and hook, line and sinker...am now a big shot platinum owner! Was traveling with friend so felt pressure to sign (after 3 hours) to get back to vacation. But never looked at the contract for a few days...and before I left, explained that I made a mistake cause there is no way I could afford $2,000 monthly along w $500 maintenance fees. He was so reassuring and told me about using points to offset the maintenance fees and to just go home and refinance and all will be fine.
(I'm terrible with understanding money except how to work hard to make it). My bank tells me there is no room to increase my personal loan; my car could be used as collateral but that only gets me $22,000; I can't consider home equity as husband would never agree; looked into a loan against retirement (only another $50,000).
And then I cracked and confess to my husband regarding myfiscal infidelity. I still can't believe that I disrupted (destroyed?) the wonderful life we have had.
Between Pay Pal, Wyndham Rewards credit and personal loan...it's close to $200,000 which I owe.
Exploring chapter 13 bankruptcy restructuring and pray that husband is willing to stick by me but he is beyond stunned and sickened at my recklessness.
I can't disagree with others on this thread that I am responsible for my actions and will do whatever I can to make repayments. In the end, I hope that I also mend my marriage by surrendering my credit cards, closing out all accounts and sticking to an imposed budget.
That's my tale of a year with Wyndham--from euphoria to ruin.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Talk to a lawyer ... perhaps a bankrupcty lawyer for YOUR 200K DEBT ... the Wyndham loans and ownerships. Wyndham MAY just take it ALL BACK if that BQ lawyer offers it in writing on legal letterhead, 'in lieu of foreclouse'.

Then join a group for compulsive buyers. AND put a FREEZE on YOUR your credit for opening any new charge accounts or loan payments.

You are not the only person who buys (unneeded) stuff ... just your stuff is more expensive than shoes or purses.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
When did you buy at New Orleans? Are you still in the cancellation - rescission period?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If not in rescission period. You need to talk to a bankruptcy lawyer as Linda pointed out.
But first you will need to make a list with your husband of debts and assets to take with you and your husband.
I know your in a awkward position but I think your husband is now in just as deep as you are [in most states anyway] and needs to be involved in every step with you.

Find a good bankruptcy lawyer! DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY TO A TIMESHARE EXIT TEAM you are only adding to financial loss.
Your bank might know a good bankruptcy attorney if they are not going to take a hit if you file bankruptcy

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
To find a bankruptcy attorney, go to the referral function of www.nacba.com (Nat'l Assn of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys). Know that not all BK attorneys are created equally. You NEED one who is versed in timeshare issues. This advice from my DW- a 30+ year experienced consumer bankruptcy attorney.

Good Luck. Get help. This is NOT something you can do on your own.

Jim

OMG!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum
When did you buy at New Orleans? Are you still in the cancellation - rescission period?
I'm not in rescission period .... but only 3 weeks ago

OMG!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum
If not in rescission period. You need to talk to a bankruptcy lawyer as Linda pointed out.
But first you will need to make a list with your husband of debts and assets to take with you and your husband.
I know your in a awkward position but I think your husband is now in just as deep as you are [in most states anyway] and needs to be involved in every step with you.

Find a good bankruptcy lawyer! DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY TO A TIMESHARE EXIT TEAM you are only adding to financial loss.
Your bank might know a good bankruptcy attorney if they are not going to take a hit if you file bankruptcy
I am working with a local (New York State) bankruptcy attorney...just at initial stage of gathering needed documents, etc. I meet again on Friday 1/5...
Thank you for your guidance...