• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO this is not a "fraud" issue. It is a matter of antiquated systems and incompetence.

George

Definition: All multifarious means which human ingenuity can devise, and which are resorted to by one individual to get an advantage over another by false suggestions or suppression of the truth. It includes all surprises, tricks, cunning or dissembling, and any unfair way which another is cheated.

Source: Black’s Law Dictionary, 5th ed., by Henry Campbell Black, West Publishing Co., St. Paul, Minnesota, 1979.

Based upon that definition, have any of those suspended been given full disclosure, or has there been a "suppression of the truth." While it might be a simple matter, even the comment on the website for those of us impacted, says NOTHING about being suspended, it says "We apologize for the inconvenience, but it appears that your account may not be current. Please call Wyndham Consumer Finance at 1-888-739-4028 for assistance." Consumer Finance knows NOTHING about why my account is frozen. I have paid EVERY DIME they are owed, including TWO monthly payments for an account I cannot use, and emails and phone calls that go unanswered.

In your humble opinion, what is it, if it is not fraud? Thanks.

COAIR005

Reaction score
IMO this is not a "fraud" issue. It is a matter of antiquated systems and incompetence.

George

Agreed, 100%. The fact however that they are placing us on the other side of the table as "the bad guy" while they try to get their act together is a question of legality and T&Cs.

Just tells you that the "deed" you get with your vacation ownership is meaningless.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
In Biz. speak - SILOS

Is this ineptitude or malice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO - the word is - SILOS .

ie a business where the various departments or operating units do not internally communicate and share information .( and thereby negatively
impact the organization's relationships )

I first heard the it 3-4 years ago in a business setting .

This thread and how Wyndham has "worked " in the last 34 days with regarded to the issues discussed - could be used as a textbook example .

truthmonkey

Reaction score
IMO - the word is - SILOS .

ie a business where the various departments or operating units do not internally communicate and share information .( and thereby negatively
impact the organization's relationships )

I first heard the it 3-4 years ago in a business setting .

This thread and how Wyndham has "worked " in the last 34 days with regarded to the issues discussed - could be used as a textbook example .

Nail on head.

COAIR005

Reaction score
I spoke to the "lawyer guy" again at Wyndham. I told him how PO'd I am and reminded him of all the money we pay in maintenance fees and his response was hilarious.

His reply was essentially like, 'Mr. XXXX you don't pay Wyndham maintenance fees, they go to the individual Homeowners Associations. From there they pay Wyndham to manage the product and maintain the reservations system'.

To which I replied - EXACTLY -- you're reservations system is where the problem is!

Never have I spoken to a more stubborn individual (other than another lawyer!)

I really do commend their 'lack of helpfulness'. It takes a lot of willpower and effort to be as stubborn and unhelpful as they are being.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke to the "lawyer guy" again at Wyndham. I told him how PO'd I am and reminded him of all the money we pay in maintenance fees and his response was hilarious.

His reply was essentially like, 'Mr. XXXX you don't pay Wyndham maintenance fees, they go to the individual Homeowners Associations. From there they pay Wyndham to manage the product and maintain the reservations system'.

To which I replied - EXACTLY -- you're reservations system is where the problem is!

Never have I spoken to a more stubborn individual (other than another lawyer!)

I really do commend their 'lack of helpfulness'. It takes a lot of willpower and effort to be as stubborn and unhelpful as they are being.

Read the original suspension email and you see the "game" that they are playing. The did this in the name of the Fairshare trust. So perhaps the lawyer is correct regarding maintenance fees but we also pay a program fee to manage the trust. So maybe the resorts pay Wyndham to manage the properties and contribute to running the trust. But so do we

I think you are right but getting angry won't get you anywhere. I firmly believe that the folks that come out of this first and with the best outcome will be the ones that recognize that there is a problem that Wyndham needs to solve. Help them solve it and come out smelling like a rose. Fight them or make their life more difficult and I think you risk being put to the bottom of their list

For the record my lawyer guy has patiently waited for me to vent and he did allow me to correct him regarding some of his misunderstanding regarding how I use my ownership . We have established some degree of mutual respect

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you are right but getting angry won't get you anywhere. I firmly believe that the folks that come out of this first and with the best outcome will be the ones that recognize that there is a problem that Wyndham needs to solve. Help them solve it and come out smelling like a rose. Fight them or make their life more difficult and I think you risk being put to the bottom of their list.

I think Ron is 100% right. Wyndham is at the helm of this ship. Help them point it in the right direction and you will get to your destination first and in the best shape. Others will be left floating at sea.

George

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke to the "lawyer guy" again at Wyndham.

Is anyone having success getting access back to their account(s)? If so, what method are you employing. I cannot even get a phone call or email in return.

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Online account still locked out

Thank you. Any updates for anyone? Silence is interesting. . . .

Last week I was told my account was reactivated with the understanding my audit is still going on and I am restricted from transferring any contracts to someone else. In other words I can't sell contracts to reduce my maintenance fees until after the audit. After a few days of phone call and emails asking why I still could not log into my account I was told it was because my first lockout was never reactivated. It turns out I was locked out twice over the last 6 weeks. Monday they told me they submitted another request to reactivate my on-line account but it would take tech support 72 hours to get anything done. Tomorrow is the end of the 72 hours. Any bets on whether I will be able to login?

I am grateful that they have at least replied but they always remind me I can call in to get things done. We all know that probably means an hour wait to just do an availability check.

Best Wishes to all that this ends soon.
D.B.

tugger2020

Reaction score
Taking action

Is anyone ready to take legal action? I'm done with Wyndham's nonsense and tried to be patient.

They said my account review would be done weeks ago and they repeatedly ignored my follow up emails.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone ready to take legal action? I'm done with Wyndham's nonsense and tried to be patient.

They said my account review would be done weeks ago and they repeatedly ignored my follow up emails.

You do not need anyone else.

If your account has issues and you aren't satisfied, ask around or google for timeshare attorney reviews in Orlando. Or call the local bar association there and ask for a referral.

Contact said attorney for a consultation. (Hopefully for free).

Move forward with their suggestions at your request. Probably by filing an injunction to get Wyndham to "cease and desist" their freezing of your account (and your account alone).

Many will root for and support you. Me included. I don't even have my Wyndham member number yet. What a time to buy in eh?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I sent you a private message with the name of an attorney

Ive talked to 3 attorneys on this matter. So far I've decided to represent myself but I'm keeping all three informed and I'll call one of them (the guy that expects to work on a contingency basis) if my talks bog down

tugger2020

Reaction score
You do not need anyone else.

If your account has issues and you aren't satisfied, ask around or google for timeshare attorney reviews in Orlando. Or call the local bar association there and ask for a referral.

Contact said attorney for a consultation. (Hopefully for free).

Move forward with their suggestions at your request. Probably by filing an injunction to get Wyndham to "cease and desist" their freezing of your account (and your account alone).

Many will root for and support you. Me included. I don't even have my Wyndham member number yet. What a time to buy in eh?

Thanks to everyone who PM'd me including Ron.

I understand I don't need anyone else. I was just curious as well.

I am very annoyed at the way they've handled this. I was patient, watched and read this thread so far hoping this would get resolved.

Now I want to make Wyndham pay for this nonsense. If I (or we) take legal action, this should be blasted all over social media, news or whatever outlet can be found.

Hopefully this deters future owners from buying at Wyndham knowing what can potentially happen to owner accounts with no fault to the owner.

I don't magically make up points and have not done anything wrong. Wyndham's inability or incompetence to manage points is not my problem. This is the same thing I've told them when they called me back the one and only time after several calls and emails on my part.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who PM'd me including Ron.

I understand I don't need anyone else. I was just curious as well.

I am very annoyed at the way they've handled this. I was patient, watched and read this thread so far hoping this would get resolved.

Now I want to make Wyndham pay for this nonsense. If I (or we) take legal action, this should be blasted all over social media, news or whatever outlet can be found.

Hopefully this deters future owners from buying at Wyndham knowing what can potentially happen to owner accounts with no fault to the owner.

I don't magically make up points and have not done anything wrong. Wyndham's inability or incompetence to manage points is not my problem. This is the same thing I've told them when they called me back the one and only time after several calls and emails on my part.

As my mother used to say when she was teaching me to be a defensive driver...

"Angus McCarty Arbijay
Died defending his right of way
He was just as right as the day was long
And just as dead as if he'd been wrong."

Although it's difficult at this point, and I understand your emotions (and feel them myself) - you have to realize that acting on those emotions is not likely to get you the outcome you want. I definitely encourage you to defend your rights vigorously; but I'd also recommend approaching the situation with an open mind and an understanding that Wyndham has a problem to solve, and while you've been patient, the problems they have are now creating problems for you (and other owners like you). This is more likely to get a positive response.

For what it's worth, I too have not heard anything. I understand they are trying to work through a backlog of accounts and it's taking time as most settlements/negotiations do. That being said, the time taken, and the impacts those delays have on you, are definitely things you should be keeping track of for your own negotiation.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Dead right" is still dead

I'm thinking of the guy thet steps off the curb in a crosswalk on the green light without looking both ways. And he gets run over by the truck with bad brakes. He was right.... Dead right

Don't be that guy

Last edited:

bobdaz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got my account released or unlocked , had to agree not to sell or transfer contracts , while they continue the audit, no date as to when audit would be finished, i sent an reply to email explaining how i use my account and then wyndham contacted me in a few days and now i can use my account

Thanks

Reaction score
Got my account released or unlocked , had to agree not to sell or transfer contracts , while they continue the audit, no date as to when audit would be finished, i sent an reply to email explaining how i use my account and then wyndham contacted me in a few days and now i can use my account

Thanks

Great. Is that 3 of us now? + DB who should but can't?

debrinkleyusa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been unlocked too.

Great. Is that 3 of us now? + DB who should but can't?

Well I am happy to report that Wyndham did unlock my online account. I have the same restrictions as the others but am very glad to be able to log into my account again. Today they even let me credit pool my expiring 2016 points. They said it would be 3 business days before I would see the pooled points show up where they are supposed to be. I sure wish they would release everyone else that is locked out. It seems to me they have just as much power over us when we are not locked out as they do when we are locked out.

One discouraging thing for me is that I had some cancellations to do and those reservations had been made with credit pool points. The points did not go back to the credit pool but instead came back as regular 2016 points. If I had not been able to do another credit pool transaction today those points would have had to go into RCI at the end of the year. I sure hope they get
the computer program working correctly soon.

Best Regards to all,
D.B.

COAIR005

Reaction score
I was "unlocked" for a few days...now they relocked me.

No phone calls back, slow to respond to emails (if at all).

How do these guys keep their jobs! These guys make Government Employees look like marathon runners.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is Wyndham able to unlock some account but not others? I am happy for people that have had their accounts unlocked but it seems discriminatory or arbitrarily done. I have 3 accounts and all 3 are still locked. Not surprised, but with no updates it is very frustrating. We deserve better.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is Wyndham able to unlock some account but not others? I am happy for people that have had their accounts unlocked but it seems discriminatory or arbitrarily done. I have 3 accounts and all 3 are still locked. Not surprised, but with no updates it is very frustrating. We deserve better.

My guess is that it depends upon how complicated the account is and how close they are to completing the audit within the account.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I am happy to report that Wyndham did unlock my online account. I have the same restrictions as the others but am very glad to be able to log into my account again. Today they even let me credit pool my expiring 2016 points. They said it would be 3 business days before I would see the pooled points show up where they are supposed to be. I sure wish they would release everyone else that is locked out. It seems to me they have just as much power over us when we are not locked out as they do when we are locked out.

One discouraging thing for me is that I had some cancellations to do and those reservations had been made with credit pool points. The points did not go back to the credit pool but instead came back as regular 2016 points. If I had not been able to do another credit pool transaction today those points would have had to go into RCI at the end of the year. I sure hope they get
the computer program working correctly soon.

Best Regards to all,
D.B.

I am very surprised they allowed you to credit pool the points. I'm not at all surprised that the points from cancellations came back as regular point, rather than credit pooled points. That part of the program still does not seem to be working.

Reaction score
And it's all very uncomfortable.

Although my account is unlocked, it can be locked again at any moment (that's very clear based on this thread).

Things are not right for me by any means. Keeping track but don't want to rock the boat at this point.

It's not over yet. Sure hope others are unlocked soon. And for all of us hope that there is an end to this madness.

The communication, or lack thereof, and inconsistent treatment is baffling to me, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.