• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PB Sunset Beach golf course, about time, right ?

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah right

Owners got that picture almost a year ago, haven't seen any grass yet.

But as they say in Cabo, "In a Mexican minute Senor":hysterical:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The area that was going to be the golf course is now the Grand Pacific Estates so the golf course must be in the direction of the Tiger Woods designed Diamante Golf Course. Just a guess.

RichardL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Golf Course

From my observation the golf course may never occur. Pueblo Bonito started the concept as a sales pitch years ago by showing a scale model of 2 golf courses about 6 years ago. I was driven around the area and in fact the salesperson pointed out the course being constructed in the far distance. Ok, so I bought a unit. It later turned out that no construction had occurred as of 6 years ago, and the construction I observed in the distance was the Diamante course. 18 months ago, Pueblo Bonito started this rumor again, explaining that the economy was the reason for the construction delays and that as of Feb 2012 construction would again begin. The picture you have I saw last year, and it was part of a PR compaign in which Jack Nicklaus came to the site for a photo opportunity. I consider it trick photography and a PR stunt because it appeared that golfers were hitting balls on a driving range, when in fact a small area on a cliff over looking beach was
graded, golf mats(not grass) was laid out and balls were hit off the cliffs toward the beach. All of this done without one golf fairway even being graded.

So the Feb. 2012 construction date came and went and no construction. Then finally in August, one of 18 fairways was initially graded(far from completion) and then 5-10 days of rain occurred and the work was ruined and infact the entire surrounding ground was ruined by erosion. All worked stopped. I went back on site in December and no work had been done. I have just returned from Cabo a week ago, and I was unable to get past the gate guards to see for myself if any work has resumed. I asked some people I know in town and I was told yes some work, but very little.

I took a personal tour at Diamante not of the two year completed course but the course that Tiger Woods was building. The director of construction took me in his truck and we drive from tee box to green of every hole. This course is going full speed ahead with a lot of heavy equipment. I was told that this course will not be finished until mid to late 2014. I do not think Pueblo Bonito by comparison will be finished by 2014 for the simple reason as of Dec 2012 there was only one partially graded fairway, and Diamante has all 18 whole being graded now, and yet even with all this progress the construction of a golf course simply takes 2 years to complete if it is handled as a full time job.

In conclusion, I own at Pueblo Bonito and would love to see the golf course completed. I have often thought of what was the real reason for the golf course not being completed. The answer always is a different explanation of the simple fact that it costs money. As you might recall Pueblo Bonito was the creation of Mr and Mrs. Copella, and after the announcement of all the plans to build the golf course, Mrs. Copella obtained 50% of the marital property in a divorce action. I believe that was and still is the reason for
Pueblo Bonito's expansión to have been more hype lately than actual tangible
progress. Last week I toured that latest area of Pueblo Bonito, a few homes down on the beach called the Viceroy and the Governor residences. Very impressive, however, I believe only 4 units are completed, and progress since last December appears to be very slow. Yet, again publicity from Pueblo Bonito makes it appear that a new and wonderful expansion of the property is booming and building private residential high end homes in the new community called "Copella". Go on the website and you will see beautiful artist renderings and solicitations to purchase and of course have access to a private Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course. Well there certainly is not two Jack Nicklaus golf courses that I saw with my own two eyes, just one fairway that was initially just graded, suffered heavy rain damage and appears as of Dec 2012 to have been abandoned. To say the least this a major disappointment to me and a destruction of any confidence that I had with Pueblo Bonito Management.

Perhaps after my blunt report and observation, some-one from Pueblo Bonito would provide actual photographs of all the alleged course construction and
allow Pueblo Bonito owners a tour of the work site. That is exactly what Diamante did for me 2 weeks ago, and in fact the front desk at Diamante announced in its weekly bulletin that such tours were available to anyone that requested it. I mention this because I can imagine someone would respond by saying of course Pueblo Bonito keeps the construction site gates closed and guarded in part to protect visitors from injury. Well, Diamante provides its tours at 3:30 pm when most workers have all ready left for the day, and guests are driven by Diamante employees in company vehicles to provide a safe experience.

I enjoy Pueblo Bonito and wish we could finally play golf there.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I would like to golf here too. Thanks for the update Richard.

Bill

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Golf Course

My thought is that it started as BS and will continue as BS. But more Montecristo units go up, and people keep believing the dream. :doh: