• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Club Land'Or

tbenton

Reaction score
You bet Land'Or is STUCK and so are the owners

[Post text removed at request of poster, for "legal reasons". - Makai Guy, BBS Administrator]

Last edited by a moderator:

tta

TUG Member
Reaction score
No longer able to deposit week to RCI?

A few weeks ago, Club Land'Or withdrew 2 of my bonus weeks from RCI. I called them but was not able to get a straight answer as usual. They were really pushing to get me to deposit into Flex Plus Exchange but I already paid my 5 years membership with RCI. I'm not about to pay another membership fee to Flex Plus. Another disappointment was that I looked at the directory list of Flex Plus; it did not have large selections.

Club Land'Or owners - I'd really appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks in advance.

TTA:confused:

tbenton

Reaction score
TTA...I may have some bad news for you. It seems that there is something going on with RCI no longer accepting CLO weeks at all due to the condition of the resort and all the complaints they get.I assume your call was to CLO. I suggest you call RCI and point blank ask if they are still accepting CLO weeks for anything and get specifics and PLEASE post your results.
Tx

Terri
----------------------------

A few weeks ago, Club Land'Or withdrew 2 of my bonus weeks from RCI. I called them but was not able to get a straight answer as usual. They were really pushing to get me to deposit into Flex Plus Exchange but I already paid my 5 years membership with RCI. I'm not about to pay another membership fee to Flex Plus. Another disappointment was that I looked at the directory list of Flex Plus; it did not have large selections.

Club Land'Or owners - I'd really appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks in advance.

TTA:confused:

tbenton

Reaction score
[Post text removed at request of poster, for "legal reasons". - Makai Guy, BBS Administrator]

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they just don't sell? The rumor I thought I heard was that Atlantis was interested in the property, but that the resort (if you can call it that!) wanted way more money than Atlantis was willing to pay.

Atlantis has seemed to have been decent a decent job expanding around them, so anyone who thought, "They'll eventually have to pay our price...", I'd say is probably wrong.

Jeff

tbenton

Reaction score

Craig711

Reaction score
NOW....rumor has it that Atlantis may be taken over by a different company and a fact is that Land'or is for sale but the Holts keep denying it. Its in the paper in Nassau and also confirmed with the realty company. Not even sure what that will mean if its sold.
-------------

You are right that Land'or is for sale. You can see the ad at this REMAX site and also at HG Christie There's no doubt about it.

Inside the Gate's blog has more on the situation, if anyone is interested. Full disclosure: I work at Inside the Gate and don't mean this to be shameless self promotion...

tbenton

Reaction score
Thanks so very much. I had seen Christie but the REMAX is more informative. So this is what Land'or says is NOT for sale...! Wow you work at Inside the Gate! I subscribe and love it and many of we Land'or people follow it. The Colonial Crossings piece on the lawsuit was great too because they are trying so hard NOT to have it made public. I hope The Gate keeps up on whats happening at Land'or and keep talking about it. No one else will! Go right ahead and promote the site..its a great one. The Nassau Guardian had articles last year about all the $$ problems Land'or had with the Bahamian gov't, Land'or employee pay and talked about the sale but then they just stopped. I contacted the writers and the business section manager and they will not even reply to me. I thought the press loved to write this stuff but perhaps some of my assessment money found its way to them....hate to say it but why just stop publishing articles all of a sudden when there is so much fuel?

Keep us posted ok. Now that I found you I won't let you get away...ha ha ha.Keep up the great work Inside the Gate
----------------

You are right that Land'or is for sale. You can see the ad at this REMAX site and also at HG Christie There's no doubt about it.

Inside the Gate's blog has more on the situation, if anyone is interested. Full disclosure: I work at Inside the Gate and don't mean this to be shameless self promotion...

tta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Landor is on RCI suspended list

TTA...I may have some bad news for you. It seems that there is something going on with RCI no longer accepting CLO weeks at all due to the condition of the resort and all the complaints they get.I assume your call was to CLO. I suggest you call RCI and point blank ask if they are still accepting CLO weeks for anything and get specifics and PLEASE post your results.
Tx

Terri
----------------------------

Hi Terri - I called RCI and was told that Club Landor is on their "suspended" list. I guess it makes sense because it's on sale. I just cannot believe that CLO is not sending any notification to the the club members.

tbenton

Reaction score
tta...thanks for that update. Good to know. Things are so hosed up with the sale that they won't tell anyone about and so forth.

Terri
==
QUOTE=tta;1262591]Hi Terri - I called RCI and was told that Club Landor is on their "suspended" list. I guess it makes sense because it's on sale. I just cannot believe that CLO is not sending any notification to the the club members.[/QUOTE]

miamidan

Reaction score
i highly doubt the resort was suspended because it is for sale. Pretty shady reviews out there

MED887

Reaction score
Court can solve

The plans for the rebuild are no more. We saw them a few years ago and it looked amazing. It seems that Atlantis no longer wants the property. They say its too small to do much with except perhaps to expand their Harborside timeshares but the market is so poor for that. The complete renovation was to be the answer but I can attest that is not happening. We were told so many times that the next year it would all be done but every year it was always 'next year'.

Cheap and frankly tacky cosmetic changes and a couple of 'for show' units for prospective buyers but not real renovation and believe me we owners have paid so many special assessments and even budget assessments and never see anything being spent that really makes a difference. And where is the rebuild money we were told they already had? I have owned since 1982 and loved it very much and never regretted buying there. We have 'aged' with the place and never missed a year until my hubby had heart surgery in 2009. We have never been late with a fee nor complained about anything serious. Guess we would be considered perfect timeshare owners on the scale of things. Went last year and shouldn't have due to cost but did not want to lose the two weeks again (could not even afford to space bank) and still nothing much had changed. In contrast our situation had/has changed dramatically. We are practically literally broke. We paid cash three times for the timeshare as we bought more time twice back in better times. I am a senior on fixed income and struggling with home mortgage and may lose my home of 36 years and trying hard to get that modified. I tried to reason with the developer but was told I still have a legal obligation to pay my fees regardless of the hard times we are having. I can't fault them for telling me that but it does not solve the issue that I can no longer pay my mtce fees. I have tried to sell/donate/giveaway with no luck. I lower the price on Craigslist weekly and soon will offer for $1 if a buyer pays the transfer fee and the soon to be overdue mtce fees.

We will probably be in court this year when the three different kinds of fees due in the next 30 days are not paid. They will call and hassle . Then they will turn it over to collections and they will hassle and I will issue cease and desist letter before they drive me nuts. Then comes court and of course cannot afford lawyer. Its not deeded property so the developer still owns it and I want to deed back the 21 two week packages we have left but they won't. I am the one who would be the loser by giving back all that vacation time for them to resell but they still don't want it. Our credit is already in the toilet over the mortgage so when they try to get blood out of a stone in court.....! Not sure what the court can take from us as we have nothing . Sorry for whining but I am so upset all the time over this. Its ruining my life.

I was reading a blog a couple months ago about Club Land'Or. A woman in Minn. went to court in Virginia over the same issues you mentioned... (assessment fees that never, maintenance fees going up every year, no upgrades to the property). She won!!!! She was released from her contract.

tbenton

Reaction score
Yes I know Christine. She took advantage of a pre-court cash settlement offered by Club Land'Or. I don't think all settlements result in release of contract.

I was reading a blog a couple months ago about Club Land'Or. A woman in Minn. went to court in Virginia over the same issues you mentioned... (assessment fees that never, maintenance fees going up every year, no upgrades to the property). She won!!!! She was released from her contract.

OneGoodOneBad

Reaction score
Land'or

Help. I just found this thread and am a new member. The posts have seemed to have stopped about what is happening and I know there is a hearing coming up soon. Can someone please advise me as to what is going on? I am disgusted with the increased maintenance, surcharge, budget assessment fees......