• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2011 ] Goodbuy Timeshare aka Timeshare Resales [Scammers!]

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Last year I placed two weeks with the above firm to rent as a experiment. They requested and I agreed to a no minium rental amount if they rented it. One was for Patriots Place in Williamsburg, Virginia for the week of Memorial Day. The second one for the 4th of July week at Patriots Place. Both for this year. They did not rent either unit within the agreed upon timeframe. Just a word of caution about this firm.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
And what did they charge you for the eperience ?

Jerry in NJ

Reaction score
I know I have seen a few posts about Good Buy Timeshare that have not been positive. If I remember correctly some shill posts on Trip Advisor about how great the Wyndham Resort was and they rented through Good Buy.

Just remember NEVER pay an upfront fee!

Jerry in NJ

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Anyone that charges you a high upfront fee to rent or sell your timeshare is going to scam you - period.

*I added "scammers" to your title, so the search engines will pick it up.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Anyone that charges you a high upfront fee to rent or sell your timeshare is going to scam you - period.

*I added "scammers" to your title, so the search engines will pick it up.

Thank you, was wondering were it came from. I agree with the change.

kaio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ouch.... How could they not rent them with no minimal rental price?!!?! those are decent weeks.

Last year I placed two weeks with the above firm to rent as a experiment. They requested and I agreed to a no minium rental amount if they rented it. One was for Patriots Place in Williamsburg, Virginia for the week of Memorial Day. The second one for the 4th of July week at Patriots Place. Both for this year. They did not rent either unit within the agreed upon timeframe. Just a word of caution about this firm.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Ouch.... How could they not rent them with no minimal rental price?!!?! those are decent weeks.

Because they didn't try to rent them - these companies make all their money with the upfront fee - why bother doing anything after they collect it?

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Signing up to post yesterday to post in a two year old thread doesn't add any credibility. :crash:

lcml11

Reaction score
Signing up to post yesterday to post in a two year old thread doesn't add any credibility. :crash:

Apparently, like you, I do not understand why old information was brought forward. I do not see any point. In the interest of full disclosure, rrlongwell is a old screen name that I used to use. If they are still in business, I would assume they are still generating money in their operations. Thier physical offices are/were in Williamsburg, Va. They operated under two different names. I am not sure, but one was either closed or re-located.

Last edited:

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
They operated under two different names. I am not sure, but one was either closed or re-located.

Something you can certainly relate to :rofl:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I just want to correct the math.

The thread is 3 yrs old and I too am suspicious of lukey1 coming out of nowhere and talking up two different exit strategy companies.

The post about the restaurant looks like a weak attempt to lay off suspicion.

Are both companies related and does lukey1 own them both?

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
they rented my wyndham points this year.

Lukey1, isn’t it horrible how these Tuggers have maligned your character? They certainly are a bad group.

In your defense, I suggest that you put them in their place by telling all of TUG just how your points were rented. You could add just how many points that you have and from what resorts. You could add how many of those points were actually used by you and how many were graciously rented for you. You could add just what you profited from the transaction, i.e. how much did you pay in maintenance fees and then how much did you receive from the rental. You could add how much you were charged to do the transaction.

All of these, and I am sure many more facts that you could provide, will certainly put those nasty Tuggers to shame.

So, let’s hear your wonderful, and I am sure profitable tale.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lukey1, isn’t it horrible how these Tuggers have maligned your character? They certainly are a bad group.

In your defense, I suggest that you put them in their place by telling all of TUG just how your points were rented. You could add just how many points that you have and from what resorts. You could add how many of those points were actually used by you and how many were graciously rented for you. You could add just what you profited from the transaction, i.e. how much did you pay in maintenance fees and then how much did you receive from the rental. You could add how much you were charged to do the transaction.

All of these, and I am sure many more facts that you could provide, will certainly put those nasty Tuggers to shame.

Too funny!

And while he's at it, maybe he can explain this new thread.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208375

I know it's also a new poster but something's not adding up here.

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score

Agreed. One customer experience does not give a picture of the services a company provides. If this was a good transaction for both parties. What the heck. Also, you might want to indicate if they are still a upfront fee rental company.

A recent earlier poster provided a link to another new thread. Not sure what that thread had to do with this thread. Are the Companies related companies?

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agreed. One customer experience does not give a picture of the services a company provides. If this was a good transaction for both parties. What the heck. Also, you might want to indicate if they are still a upfront fee rental company.

A recent earlier poster provided a link to another new thread. Not sure what that thread had to do with this thread. Are the Companies related companies?

I added the link because the other company that lukey1 has posted good things about is the same company in that new thread.

It just seemed odd to me that a new poster would come here to defend two companies that others are having trouble with.

Of course if lukey1 would provide some of the info asked for by jebloomquist, I will retract my comments. I'm not going to hold my breath.

lcml11

Reaction score
I added the link because the other company that lukey1 has posted good things about is the same company in that new thread.

It just seemed odd to me that a new poster would come here to defend two companies that others are having trouble with.

Of course if lukey1 would provide some of the info asked for by jebloomquist, I will retract my comments. I'm not going to hold my breath.

I would hold out for all of it and my addition. I am indeed looking forward to your retraction. I hope the information and retraction are forthcoming shortly.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would hold out for all of it and my addition. I am indeed looking forward to your retraction. I hope the information and retraction are forthcoming shortly.

I also would not be holding my breath if I were you.

We've seen it before, years old threads being revived to say good things about companies that no one else has had anything good happen with.

But as always, I could be wrong.

lcml11

Reaction score
I also would not be holding my breath if I were you.

We've seen it before, years old threads being revived to say good things about companies that no one else has had anything good happen with.

But as always, I could be wrong.

I was not going to. I am expecting to be disappointed by not seeing the answers and your retraction. I believe it is possible for Zebra's to change their strips, but, I do not think it happens often.