• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Searching for DVC on RCI

pnkrockprincess

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: BLT and VGF
Wyndham Club Access
Hi guys!

I know many of you have exchanged into DVC via RCI, I have a few questions about the RCI search.

When searching RCI, can you just enter the DVC resort IDs and no dates and expect it to return everything that's available, in perpetuity, or does the search need dates to match?

When entering an ongoing search, I've read that there are some fields that can cause "conflicts" and cause your search not to match. Has anyone figured out the conflicts to avoid? For example, let's say I would like two dvc rooms, could I enter one ongoing search with two codes and another with two different codes but the same dates, without rendering both conflicted?

Is there a limit to ongoing searches one can have at once?

I think that's it for now! Thanks so much, experts!

Antopad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation. I've never done an ongoing search before. I'm trying it for next summer. I'm looking for two consecutive weeks. Right now I have a search over a two weekend period. I think I'm going to do another search over the week before. Example: I have a search for the 10th (Friday) - 19th (Sunday). My next search will be for the 3rd - 12th. But I think that will cancel them out because of conflict.

Also, in regards to how many you can have at once...

I had to pay the exchange fee (refundable) for the first search - $199. I recently made another exchange and the exchange fee wasn't charged because I had a credit. When I called RCI they told me it was because I am Platinum. Platinum members don't pay the exchange fee in advance for an ongoing search. I have never read that.

BUT - when I tried to set up a different ongoing search, it required an exchange fee payment. I assume because it is for after the date that my Platinum Membership expires.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, the RCI rep was just wrong. Platinum benefits do not include "free" (i.e. no pre-payment) OGS establishment.

https://www.rci.com/RCI/weeks/platinumBenefits.do
It wasn't originally a Platinum benefit, but I believe it's been added sometime within the past year.

I haven't tried to set up an ongoing search with a single VG that didn't know about it (which is surprising).

I had never seen anything officially from RCI about the perk until recently. I can't remember where I saw or heard it, and I can't find it, but I remember being surprised to finally see/hear it. It might have been in an email/newsletter, on their site, or while I was on hold with them.

But it certainly is a Platinum benefit.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I know many of you have exchanged into DVC via RCI, I have a few questions about the RCI search.

When searching RCI, can you just enter the DVC resort IDs and no dates and expect it to return everything that's available, in perpetuity, or does the search need dates to match?

When entering an ongoing search, I've read that there are some fields that can cause "conflicts" and cause your search not to match. Has anyone figured out the conflicts to avoid? For example, let's say I would like two dvc rooms, could I enter one ongoing search with two codes and another with two different codes but the same dates, without rendering both conflicted?

Is there a limit to ongoing searches one can have at once?

I think that's it for now! Thanks so much, experts!
I hesitated to respond when I initially saw your post, because some of the answers vary depending on which system you're using to access RCI. Are you a regular RCI Weeks member, or are you accessing through Wyndham, Hilton, Worldmark, or one of the other systems?

You MUST enter a date range if you enter an ongoing search (at least with RCI Resort IDs).

It's not possible to enter conflicting dates in a single search.

Some have claimed that conflicting dates between multiple searches might cause searches not to match, but I've had successful matches with ongoing searches set up like that, so I strongly believe it's a red herring.

You can set up as many ongoing searches as you have deposits (at least with a standard RCI Weeks account).

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Seaside Resort
Holiday Inn Holiday Hills
It is a platinum membership perk to get ongoing searches free now but you have to call and have an RCI rep set it up for you. If you do it online then you will have to pay.

Antopad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm platinum and I just call and tell them what I want set up for an OGS -- no charge.

So that's why I had the credit. I had originally set it up online. Good to know. I'll just call to set my next one up!

pnkrockprincess

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC: BLT and VGF
Wyndham Club Access
You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for the responses.

I'm trading into RCI via the Wyndham portal.

My questions about dates, actually was about the regular search function and not an OGS. I know you have to enter a date range for an OGS, but I was curious if you could just enter a list of IDs in the regular search window without dates and pull up any available DVC dates.

I wasn't getting any results just entering IDs into the regular search windows, but I wasn't sure if that was because there wasn't availability or because I needed to also enter a date. But then, yesterday, I did get a hit on a regular search (it was a ghost listing, but it was a result) So I think that answered my question there.

I'm happy to know you can have several OGSes! Yay!

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes. I only see the weeks side so your screen may be a little different. For me, I go to "search for a vacation". Scroll all the way to the bottom and there is a tab under the map that says keyword and resort ID. Click ID and you can enter up to 48 resort ID's separated by commas and entering dates is optional. What I did was save that search with all the DVC resort ID's as a favorite search called Disney and whenever I log in I just kick off that search with one click to find any available DVC inventory.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
My questions about dates, actually was about the regular search function and not an OGS. I know you have to enter a date range for an OGS, but I was curious if you could just enter a list of IDs in the regular search window without dates and pull up any available DVC dates.

I wasn't getting any results just entering IDs into the regular search windows, but I wasn't sure if that was because there wasn't availability or because I needed to also enter a date.
DVC is rarely available on RCI. They bulk deposit every 2-4 weeks. Most of that inventory goes straight to ongoing searches. The best of the remaining inventory disappears within hours. The rest is usually gone within a day or two. As holds are cancelled, a few stragglers will reappear for a short while over the next few days.

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your guess is as good as mine :) For the last minute travel windows I have seen pop up the past 2 weeks it has fluctuated from 10 - 21 for travel on Aug 31st through Sept 7. I imagine those are last min cancelations and with the timeframe so close they dropped TPU's on them.

I have seen some 1 bedrooms come up for Jan and Feb (and disappear within 10 minutes) for 21 (SSR) to 26 (Wilderness Lodge Villas).

But, who knows :)

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have had a couple of matches for the week of Feb 21, one at Old Key West and this morning at Animal Kingdom. The TPUs were 40 for a one bedroom. I thought that was extremely high, actually.

I've thrown them back - I'm only doing research for my son's trip in early 2015.

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had a couple of matches for the week of Feb 21, one at Old Key West and this morning at Animal Kingdom. The TPUs were 40 for a one bedroom. I thought that was extremely high, actually.

I've thrown them back - I'm only doing research for my son's trip in early 2015.
Isn't that the week after president's day weekend? I have a 2BR the week before at AKV (Savannah View!), which was in the same range.

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wow that is high! Hope it comes down some for September 2014 dates. I only have 36 TPU for my ongoing search.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I had some January weeks that matched that were significantly lower.

I was quite surprised actually, given that it's not President's Day weekend, I don't know if it being the week after factors in - wouldn't think so.

Nolathyme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Feb 22 and Feb 23 check-in dates were in the 25-30 range if I remember correctly.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, something doesn't make sense. DVC has lately been within a point or two of the other resorts at the high end of the Orlando area range for any given week---and sometimes not even at the very top. Other "top-price" 1BR units for that weekend (Vistana, Bonnet) are 30-31. 40 would be unusual in comparison given current valuations I see during other weeks.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yeah, something doesn't make sense. DVC has lately been within a point or two of the other resorts at the high end of the Orlando area range for any given week---and sometimes not even at the very top. Other "top-price" 1BR units for that weekend (Vistana, Bonnet) are 30-31. 40 would be unusual in comparison given current valuations I see during other weeks.

Maybe it's just me - LOL.

I will be interested to see if I get another match. But it was definitely 40. Now, I didn't click through as if to confrm, just threw it back right away but I don't think the TPU value would change.