• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timber Lodge / In Less Time Closing LLC

rjmill89

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the original price of a 1 bedroom 1 bath villa was going for when this timeshare was selling weeks at a time? I'm getting ready to purchase a resale and just wanted to know what people paid a few years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I have a variety of thoughts:
1. What you offer and agree to should not be related to the original purchase price. It could be interesting for curiousity sake, but it shouldn't play a role in determining what you offer.
2. You should review the prices currently being paid for weeks. Although Marriott actively sells points, they also resell a few resale weeks. You can also check ebay completed sales, redweek current listings, etc.
I looked at ebay and it looks like the 2 BR Plat. are going for roughly 5-8K. I saw a single 1 BR for 3500. I saw a bi-ennial gold (summer) go for $500 (but will it pass ROFR?).
3. You didn't mention what season you are buying. The price/value depends on the season. Platinum plus is the most expensive/desired season. Platinum is next followed by gold, etc.
4. I tried to access dioxide45's ROFR site and I was unable to open anything - - perhaps it is a temporary issue

rjmill89

Reaction score
Curiosity Killed the Cat

I guess I am mostly just curious....I put in a bid for 4 grand and that was a Platnium Summer which is what I want. I also had the seller pay all closing costs. I did my homework and I think I got a pretty good deal.:p:p:p

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I am mostly just curious....I put in a bid for 4 grand and that was a Platnium Summer which is what I want. I also had the seller pay all closing costs. I did my homework and I think I got a pretty good deal.:p:p:p

We own three summer platinum 2BR's and sold two summer platinum 1BR's last year. Sold one of the 1BR's for $2,500 directly where there was no commission and sold the other one for $4,000 with a $1,500 commission so I netted $2,500 on each transaction. Buyer paid the $300 closing costs. My guess is that the market is about the same now as then. The 2BR's sell for a lot more than the 1BR's. Winter platinum's sell for a little more. We're at Timber Lodge now, ending our third week on Saturday and really love the resort and I think you will too. I think it's the best resort in all of Tahoe.

rjmill89

Reaction score
I had another question for you owners. Do I get free parking for the week of my timeshare. I keep reading all this stuff about charging $27 per day???

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own three summer platinum 2BR's and sold two summer platinum 1BR's last year. Sold one of the 1BR's for $2,500 directly where there was no commission and sold the other one for $4,000 with a $1,500 commission so I netted $2,500 on each transaction. Buyer paid the $300 closing costs. My guess is that the market is about the same now as then. The 2BR's sell for a lot more than the 1BR's. Winter platinum's sell for a little more. We're at Timber Lodge now, ending our third week on Saturday and really love the resort and I think you will too. I think it's the best resort in all of Tahoe.

Marriott exercised RFOR on a platinum 2BR summer that I contracted $4,500 for earlier this year

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, owners get free valet parking for one car for up to two bedroom condos and for two cars for three bedroom condos. I think Marriott mainly exercises ROFR on 2BR's and don't think a 1BR summer week would get exercised at $4K.

rjmill89

Reaction score
Thanks Robert I was getting sort of worried about this entire process. I was looking on Ebay and some of the timeshares went for quite a bit less than the $4000 I paid from an add at Redweek. I have not heard anything from the title company so I'm guessing no news is good news. How long should this process take and when will I know Marriotts did not take their ROFR???

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Generally, you will get timeshares for less on Ebay, but not always. Marriott has about 2 weeks to exercise or waive the ROFR. Who is the closing company? The speed the transaction largely depends on the closing company.

rjmill89

Reaction score
The name of the closing company is "In Less Time Closing LLC" I bought this thing from an outfit in Florida Worldwide Resorts Resales which was the broker for the owner. Will I get any paper work from the timeshare outfit once I am the owner. Like for instance the rules and restrictions and any bylaws etc etc

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might want to check out this In Less Time Closings as there has been a ton of negative posts on here. I would not use that closing company.

rjmill89

Reaction score
I'm not paying any of the closing costs so do you think I should say something to this brokerage company? I used a VISA card for the $1000 down payment. Where can I find this information on this web site about this closing company? Do you think I really should be worried about this company?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Timber Lodge South Lake Tahe

The brokerage company and the closing company are the same entity, that's why it's free closing. I bought a unit from eBay closed by them, took 6 months to close, lousy communication.

Last edited:

rjmill89

Reaction score
Your getting me very nervous. Thank goodness I have time on my side. I don't want to use my week until July 2015. I would guess they would have things completed by then

jeepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Time is Not on your side...

Your getting me very nervous. Thank goodness I have time on my side. I don't want to use my week until July 2015. I would guess they would have things completed by then
You are well into the 12 and 13 month booking window. Can you ask the seller to immediately reserve your desired week and add you as their guest? They should be ok with that, since they retain usage if you don't close.
The longer it drags out, the less valuable the 2015 usage will be for you. Unless you are buying a fixed week, of course...
Cheers.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do a search on this closing company and you'll get a ton of information on them. The biggest issue I have with a closing company like that is that your money is at risk and they may not be independent and in this case, I'm not sure they are very reputable. You might want to start another forum on here asking about people's experience with In Less Time Closings and see what people have to say. If you paid the deposit with a credit card, you're have 60 days to dispute the charge with your credit card company but if it gets strung out longer than that, you have no protection and they may not let you use a credit card for the $3K balance. I own three Timber Lodge summer weeks and have bought and sold two more Timber Lodge weeks and none of them took 60 days to close and get transferred to me, so it shouldn't take this long but my guess is your contract says that it might. If I were you, I'd tell the seller you want to use a different closing company. I'd suggest Timeshare Closings for Less who will charge $250 plus recording and resort transfer fees which will total about $400 for Timber Lodge but there are other reputable closing companies that would be fine. If this was a low cost timeshare where you only had a $100 at risk, it would be different but you're going to have $4,000 at risk. Just my opinion and I think you should get other opinions on it.

rjmill89

Reaction score
Robert, is there a charge for parking there at Timber Lodge? I keep seeing a $26 valet charge per day. I that fee waived if your a timeshare owner?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Robert, is there a charge for parking there at Timber Lodge? I keep seeing a $26 valet charge per day. I that fee waived if your a timeshare owner?

One car is free per unit for owners/exchangers. I'm not sure if three bedroom units get an extra car for no charge...I have never been able to get a three bedroom.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
One car is free per unit for owners/exchangers. I'm not sure if three bedroom units get an extra car for no charge...I have never been able to get a three bedroom.

I've been told 3BR's get two free parking spaces for owners / exchangers.

rjmill89

Reaction score
Marriott Timber Lodge

Just received a notice from my title company that Marriott decided to excercise their ROFR on my $4,000 price on a one bedroom Summer Marriott Timber Lodge Timeshare. This took three months before I was told they excercised their right. Anyone know what price I'm gonna need to offer for Marriott to let me have it? I was told by my broker that Marriott has been very aggressive on buying time shares back lately.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The name of the closing company is "In Less Time Closing LLC" I bought this thing from an outfit in Florida Worldwide Resorts Resales which was the broker for the owner.

The brokerage company and the closing company are the same entity, that's why it's free closing. I bought a unit from eBay closed by them, took 6 months to close, lousy communication.

Just received a notice from my title company that Marriott decided to excercise their ROFR on my $4,000 price on a one bedroom Summer Marriott Timber Lodge Timeshare. This took three months before I was told they excercised their right. Anyone know what price I'm gonna need to offer for Marriott to let me have it? I was told by my broker that Marriott has been very aggressive on buying time shares back lately.

I smell a rat. Marriott has a short period of time to exercise ROFR (usually ten days, although it can vary by resort). Which means that either (1) the title company was so inept that it took more than 2-1/2 months to present the deal to Marriott for waiver, (2) Marriott's exercise of ROFR is untimely and invalid -- although you are effectively without a remedy, or (3) the seller continued to shop the deal, found another buyer at a higher price, and used the ROFR as an excuse.

You could ask to see documentation showing submission of the deal to Marriott and Marriott's exercise of ROFR. But even if they provide it to you and even if it shows something improper, it is not worth the effort to pursue matters.

My suggestion: look for another deal and do a bit more due diligence about the seller and the "escrow agent" before bidding. It's just part of the non-economic cost of doing business on eBay.

Last edited:

rjmill89

Reaction score
I purchased this on Redweek and thought I was using a reputable company. They did furnish me a copy of the ROFR but I see no real dates on the document. They stated they were concerned about the period of time it took as well from Marriott and stated they would use different title company. From my investigating this World Wide Resort Resales outfit, I have been informed that they are involved with the title company they used named In Less Time Closing. If all this is true I would think there is most certainly a Rat somewhere. I would just think this Redweek website would week this out. I paid money to become a member of Redweek

rjmill89

Reaction score
In Less Time Closing LLC

I wanted to inform those of you on this website how I was treated by the title company "In Less Time Closing". In August of this year I deposited over $1,000 for a timeshare named Marriott Timber Lodge in South Lake Tahoe. The price was for a one bedroom and today, Oct. 28th I get informed that Marriott has excercised their ROFR. Over two and a half months was taken for " In Less Time Closing " to inform me that Marriott excercised their right. Anyone thinking about using this title company out of Ohio should be informed how very poor their customer service. I am learning the hard way that it should take no longer than two weeks to find out if the resort is going to use their ROFR. Only from this site have I slowly learned how things work. I'm still learning and want to thank all of you who have responded in giving me advice and saged opinons

Last edited by a moderator:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you bad lucked into dealing with one of the worst timeshare operations out there. There are numerous entities all under the same umbrella. In Less Time Closings is nothing more than a new name for the former Pacific Property Transfer except a few of the legal "employees" are in Ohio. The real operation is in California.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that you got taken in by this closing company but I tried to warn you that there was a lot of negative feedback on them. I've bought and sold quite a few Marriott Timber Lodge timeshares and Marriott has never taken more than 10 days to exercise or waive their ROFR. I would not read in anything about the $4K price being too low but because you can't believe anything these people tell you. I would find another deal and insist on using a reputable closing company. Did you get your $1,000 back?