• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question re: Jupiter Club reservation after management change

Bnov

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a reservation for a 4 BR unit at the soon-to-be-former Ritz Carlton Club in Jupiter for March 2015. I received an email from MVCI notifying me of the change of management. The email says—

We have been informed that on June 4, 2014, the Board of Directors of Eagle Tree Condominium Association, Inc. ("Association") announced that the Association, through a vote of the Association members, authorized the termination of the management agreement with The Ritz-Carlton Management Company, L.L.C.

As a result of this action, Eagle Tree Condominiums will no longer be part of The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club after September 12, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EDT ("Transition Date"). Because we know that this development may impact your vacation plans, the Exchange Company wanted to make you aware of this situation.

According to our records, you are scheduled to arrive at Eagle Tree Condominiums after the Transition Date. There are several options available to you at this time:

• You may maintain your confirmed reservation at Eagle Tree Condominiums. Be advised that we cannot guarantee any services or amenities that will be available, or anything else related to your experience.
• You may cancel or modify your confirmed reservation at Eagle Tree Condominiums subject to the cancellation policy and select an alternate usage option if applicable.

The Owner Services team stands ready to assist you with any questions that you may have or to assist you in modifying your vacation plans.

I'm not sure I would describe two as several options, but the real question I have arises from the first bullet point about not being able to guarantee any services or amenities or anything else related to the stay.

I was frankly disappointed with the lack of information the VOA had available when I called this evening. I was on hold for quite a while as he tried to get information from a supervisor, and even the supervisor had no information. I will try to call Timbers Resorts, the new management company, to see what their policy will be regarding DC reservations, but the VOA didn't have a contact phone number. The Timbers website offers a phone number for potential owners, but nothing I could find for people in our situation.

I don't want to cancel a reservation that might provide an excellent level of service at a great resort, but I also don't want to be treated as a second-rate guest. I would welcome any suggestions you have for trying to get enough information quickly to develop an alternative plan, if necessary.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would try to call the front desk at the property directly to see how your reservation will be handled. I am sure that bullet one is just a way for MVCI to cover their butt. They can't guaranty anything since they are not managing the property. But I would suspect everything will be fine.

Bnov

TUG Member
Reaction score
That was my guess, too…just wondering if there were any options I wasn't thinking of.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That was my guess, too…just wondering if there were any options I wasn't thinking of.

You have the option to keep the reservation but stay in a hotel instead. Though I suspect you don't want to do that. :D

alhanna

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope your reservation is not affected. We were there this summer and it is a great property. Top of the line.

Bnov

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have the option to keep the reservation but stay in a hotel instead. Though I suspect you don't want to do that. :D

I certainly wasn't thinking of that as an option!:eek:

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have stayed there many times. My recommendation would be to cancel the reservation and move on.

As an alternative, I would recommend staying at the Singer Island Marriott Resort or Oceana Palms property.

FT

Bnov

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the resort directly and the rep reassured me that there will be no difference in service or amenities. He explained that this is now the third property that Timbers Resorts has taken over from the Ritz Carlton Club, so they expect a seamless transition. He said that the only substantive difference would be the presence of the new management company's logo and the use of a different brand of toiletries in the units. Unless we get more information to the contrary, we'll keep the reservation.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called the resort directly and the rep reassured me that there will be no difference in service or amenities. He explained that this is now the third property that Timbers Resorts has taken over from the Ritz Carlton Club, so they expect a seamless transition. He said that the only substantive difference would be the presence of the new management company's logo and the use of a different brand of toiletries in the units. Unless we get more information to the contrary, we'll keep the reservation.

And the sky is always blue. What did you expect them to say? They need the business, especially the new management company. Many of the homes are for sale and needed upkeep. Did they tell you that most of the pools in the homes only work on timers controlled by management to manage the water and complaints for non-working units?

What services did they tell you would get? because its a home you are renting. The only service I ever got was someone coming over to give us the key to the house, show us around and leave us a contact card if we had any questions or issues.

Amenities? What amenities did they say you were entitled to? Did they inform you if Timbers has an approved agreement with Trump International to use the Pools, Tennis Courts, Basketball Courts, Clubhouse, Fitness center, or SPA?

Are any golf amenities included?

I don't mean to be cynical but I want to ensure you have been fully informed prior to your arrival and you have the correct expectations so that you can have a wonderful holiday!;)

Send me a PM if you have any residual concerns or questions.

FT

Last edited:

DB-Wis

TUG Member
Reaction score
FT, it sounds like you've had some less than satisfactory experiences at this property, but did those experience occur while the property was managed by the old (recently terminated) management company or the new one? If it's the former, why are you assuming the new management company will be as bad as the old one (such that the OP should immediately cancel his/her reservation, without giving the new company a chance)?

I'm not challenging your opinion (because I know absolutely nothing about the property), I'm just trying to understand the basis for it.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
FT, it sounds like you've had some less than satisfactory experiences at this property, but did those experience occur while the property was managed by the old (recently terminated) management company or the new one? If it's the former, why are you assuming the new management company will be as bad as the old one (such that the OP should immediately cancel his/her reservation, without giving the new company a chance)?

I'm not challenging your opinion (because I know absolutely nothing about the property), I'm just trying to understand the basis for it.

On the contrary, Had good experiences over 6 times as a repeat customer. But that was under the past management group.

Also, lets clarify that the management change is not due to be made until mid-September of this year.

The OP is going there next year so presumably the new Timbers management agreement will be in place at that time.

Trump International owns the property amenities since last year. So its still unclear to me if any existing agreements that were made with RC will be carried over to the new Timbers organization with Trump. One things is for sure, many of the fractional owners have taken a beating and are selling for what ever they can get at this point. Those that have the fortitude to stay on will place all their confidence and hope in the new Timbers agreement.

The situation is still developing and fluid. The good thing is that the OP still has some time until his reservation so they are welcome to ask detailed questions to the new management team regarding their stay next year.

Of course they are going to say everything is the same as always. That's what they are trained to tell their customers.

I'm not discontent with the visits I made previously under the RC umbrella. In fact I stayed there over 6 times in the past.

Just communicating to the OP experiences for consideration on their visit.

Marriott did the right thing in notifying the customer way ahead of time prior to their visit. This is normal in any reflag event. They even said it themselves in the e-mail: You may maintain your confirmed reservation at Eagle Tree Condominiums. Be advised that we cannot guarantee any services or amenities that will be available, or anything else related to your experience.

BTW, the homes will not be magically transformed into marvels of engineering just because a new team takes over in September. Timbers may in fact improve the homes but at this time all this is just speculation. So with speculation comes caution.

FT

Last edited:

Bnov

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the questions FT. I didn't ask about golf and spa privileges but the rep I spoke with said that the pool and fitness center would be available for our use when we stay there. I will heed your advice and call back after Sept. 12 and ask for written confirmation of the availability of the amenities at the Trump-controlled property. I'll also ask about the villa pool issues you identified.

From what you know as a Florida resident, is the experience of the owners at this resort simply a reflection of the general beating that property owners in FL took recently or attributable to some other cause?

Given the concerns you have raised about how the transition will be handled, can anyone report on an experience at the other two resorts where Timbers has taken over management from the RCC? (Kapalua and Bachelors Gulch) I would think that would be a good indicator of what to expect in the transition at Jupiter.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the questions FT. I didn't ask about golf and spa privileges but the rep I spoke with said that the pool and fitness center would be available for our use when we stay there. I will heed your advice and call back after Sept. 12 and ask for written confirmation of the availability of the amenities at the Trump-controlled property. I'll also ask about the villa pool issues you identified.

From what you know as a Florida resident, is the experience of the owners at this resort simply a reflection of the general beating that property owners in FL took recently or attributable to some other cause?

Given the concerns you have raised about how the transition will be handled, can anyone report on an experience at the other two resorts where Timbers has taken over management from the RCC? (Kapalua and Bachelors Gulch) I would think that would be a good indicator of what to expect in the transition at Jupiter.

Bnov,

I hope you will have a wonderful vacation there, I just want to make sure you are aware of the latest happenings and know how to protect your investment in family time.

You make a very good observation regarding the other RC to Timbers experiences. You may want to ask those specific questions here: http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48
in the Non-Traditional Ownership Forum on TUG. Its where I have seen the most postings and feedback on other fractional systems.

Good Luck.:)

FT

Bnov

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I appreciate all your help!

nakyak

Reaction score
I am a Jupiter member.

The Board of Directors and Timbers have been up front and open with all of us as far as what to expect. We have been informed that the way things work now as far as shared amenities and golf access all remains the same.

I don't buy into the gloom and doom scenario. Timbers knows what they are doing and have performed successful transitions of two other properties. If I was an MVCI owner I would keep my reservation because chances are you may never get to come back to the property again.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a Jupiter member.

The Board of Directors and Timbers have been up front and open with all of us as far as what to expect. We have been informed that the way things work now as far as shared amenities and golf access all remains the same.

I don't buy into the gloom and doom scenario. Timbers knows what they are doing and have performed successful transitions of two other properties. If I was an MVCI owner I would keep my reservation because chances are you may never get to come back to the property again.

nakyak1504, thanks for the response.

I think that level of confirmation/feedback was what the OP was looking for.

Just to re-confirm are you saying that the affiliate agreements with Trump are expected to be approved but are pending execution at a later point in time after the transition in Mid September. Is that accurate?

This would definitely be good news for the OP.

FT

nakyak

Reaction score

The owners of the property opted overwhelmingly to vote Ritz-Carlton out as the management company. The reasons for this are many but most notably is a loss of exclusivity by trying to fold the property into the MVCI timeshare program, the loss of 3 other clubs in the last 3 years, plus a myriad of other factors.

This was a well coordinated effort between the Board of Directors and the owners to bring in a new organization to run the property. A lot of homework was done on this.

nakyak

Reaction score
nakyak1504, thanks for the response.

I think that level of confirmation/feedback was what the OP was looking for.

Just to re-confirm are you saying that the affiliate agreements with Trump are expected to be approved but are pending execution at a later point in time after the transition in Mid September. Is that accurate?

This would definitely be good news for the OP.

FT

It should be business as usual here from all discussions that I have had with Timbers staff and most importantly the Board of Directors for the property. Timbers was even going to offer all the ladies & gentleman we have come to know and love over the years the opportunity to remain on at the property.

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should be business as usual here from all discussions that I have had with Timbers staff and most importantly the Board of Directors for the property. Timbers was even going to offer all the ladies & gentleman we have come to know and love over the years the opportunity to remain on at the property.

That's great news because when Trump took over they were pretty concerned about their ability to keep their jobs. Good news for sure.

FT