• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Peppertree Atlantic Beach I bankruptcy

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know which buildings are open and which are still closed? We own in 19 and have received no information lately on when the buildings will be open or if they are open.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know which buildings are open and which are still closed? We own in 19 and have received no information lately on when the buildings will be open or if they are open.

I would think all work should be done by now. This thread has gone dead so I assume everything is fine and dandy at PAB and everyone is happy with Festiva.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Peppertree AB looks like a fortress on floors 1 & 2 !!!!

The repair crew has done a great job on Peppertree AB. I was extremely impressed and there was plenty of parking spaces. I love the complex but I still am not liking the management and Board of Section II. I have made many comments during all this mess and I stand by all of my comments. And yes I have picked up several summer weeks that people were dumping. Like I said I love the complex and have for years but the management company and Board of Section II are still on my sh't list !!!!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Festiva has a horrible reputation. I have a resort that was overrun by Festiva. If I could give away my week I would.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The repair crew has done a great job on Peppertree AB. I was extremely impressed and there was plenty of parking spaces. I love the complex but I still am not liking the management and Board of Section II. I have made many comments during all this mess and I stand by all of my comments. And yes I have picked up several summer weeks that people were dumping. Like I said I love the complex and have for years but the management company and Board of Section II are still on my sh't list !!!!

When will the board be up for re-election? It will be interesting to see if anything changes in regard to the board or management.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
I am sure that nothing will change

I honestly don't think anything will change unless the maintenance fees keep going higher and they file for bankruptcy on Section II when everybody dumps them back in Festiva and The Board of Section II's hands.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
All the work was done by the second week in July or maybe the third. The complex looks like a fortress on floors 1 & 2. The repair guys did a great job.

Mulligan101

Reaction score
When will the board be up for re-election? It will be interesting to see if anything changes in regard to the board or management.

I just received an email; however, I have not been able to get the link to work.

PEPPERTREE-ATLANTIC BEACH ASSOCIATION II, INC.
VOTE REMINDER

(If you have already voted, please disregard this email.)

Dear Atlantic Beach II Owner:

If you have not already done so, please take a few moments now to complete your proxy for this year's Annual Meeting and Election of Directors.

To access the secure proxy voting site, please click on the link below and enter your Owner ID and Password below where prompted:

www.voteabii.com

The deadline to submit your proxy is Wednesday, November 9, 2016 5:00 P.M. EST

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Board of Directors

This site can’t be reached

www.voteabii.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
Search Google for voteabii
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received an email; however, I have not been able to get the link to work.

VOTE REMINDER

(If you have already voted, please disregard this email.)

Dear Atlantic Beach II Owner:

If you have not already done so, please take a few moments now to complete your proxy for this year's Annual Meeting and Election of Directors.

To access the secure proxy voting site, please click on the link below and enter your Owner ID and Password below where prompted:

www.voteabii.com

The deadline to submit your proxy is Wednesday, November 9, 2016 5:00 P.M. EST

Thank you in advance for your participation.

Board of Directors

This site can’t be reached

www.voteabii.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
Search Google for voteabii
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I got the e-mail too. If you already voted disregard? This is the first time I had any notification that there was an election upcoming. Nothing came in the mail either. It looks like the are pulling a fast one on the owners because they know if given enough time to react maybe they'd be out! Pathetic communication. Just checked. The link does not work. We are being had.

Shelleykc

Reaction score
Annual meeting

The meeting will be held in the Recreation Department at the resort (next to the office). I called this morning when I realized there was a time and date but no place listed in the short notice letter. I plan on attending.

There are two positions open, neither candidates offered by Peppertree Atlantic Beach II claim ownership at our resort.

Is this supposed to be an annual owners meeting? Why such short notice? Why no opportunity to nominate actual owners to represent our interests? Especially in light of everything that has happened at the resort since the last election. Obviously, they did not hesitate to contact owners via email when they want our proxy but did not bother to ask for nominations. Does anyone on this site have or have access to the documents that spell out the provisions for PABII, INC board? I for one, think the owners of Peppertree have been kept in the dark about the workings of the board and we certainly have plenty of "management" allegedly looking out for our interests. (Which has not worked out too well for us).

Once again, we receive an undated letter with an "update" on work that was completed by the third week in August. My letter was postmarked 1 Nov, received on 5 Nov for a 12 Nov meeting.

Where is the replacement week inventory coming from? There are a lot of owners that lost their usage since the resort closed phase II in August of 2015. This morning I was told by Kelly that she believes there is a year to claim your replacement week. Are the owners of these inventory units subject to maintenance and assessment fees as we are?

Anyone have any answers or thoughts on this?

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The meeting will be held in the Recreation Department at the resort (next to the office). I called this morning when I realized there was a time and date but no place listed in the short notice letter. I plan on attending.

There are two positions open, neither candidates offered by Peppertree Atlantic Beach II claim ownership at our resort.

Is this supposed to be an annual owners meeting? Why such short notice? Why no opportunity to nominate actual owners to represent our interests? Especially in light of everything that has happened at the resort since the last election. Obviously, they did not hesitate to contact owners via email when they want our proxy but did not bother to ask for nominations. Does anyone on this site have or have access to the documents that spell out the provisions for PABII, INC board? I for one, think the owners of Peppertree have been kept in the dark about the workings of the board and we certainly have plenty of "management" allegedly looking out for our interests. (Which has not worked out too well for us).

Once again, we receive an undated letter with an "update" on work that was completed by the third week in August. My letter was postmarked 1 Nov, received on 5 Nov for a 12 Nov meeting.

Where is the replacement week inventory coming from? There are a lot of owners that lost their usage since the resort closed phase II in August of 2015. This morning I was told by Kelly that she believes there is a year to claim your replacement week. Are the owners of these inventory units subject to maintenance and assessment fees as we are?

Anyone have any answers or thoughts on this?

The owners of the lost weeks already paid their maintenance fees so that should not be a problem. Maybe these are weeks deeded back to the hoa.

Shelleykc

Reaction score
The owners of the lost weeks already paid their maintenance fees so that should not be a problem. Maybe these are weeks deeded back to the hoa.

Thanks for your input. I know the reference for the replacement week is for the week we paid for and were not able to use because of the ongoing repairs. Our week was in June when the repair work on building 18 had not even begun. I just wish we were provided more information on the source of the ownership of the units being made available for these replacement weeks.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I pulled up the ballot. Two people running. You don't have to vote for either but you can cast your vote for a quorum. With no notice of the election and no time to offer others to be on the ballot I see no point in voting. I can't believe we've been had so badly by Festiva/HOA.

Shelleykc

Reaction score
With no quorum there can be no election, nor can the sitting board conduct business. Maybe that is the only hope for the owners to force more transparency. I have now received two emails and one letter trying to get me to either vote or not vote but give proxy for a quorum. Too bad the board has not felt this kind of urgency in keeping the owners informed as to what was happening at Peppertree over the past few years.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect they will have enough considering they get to vote for the HOA owned units and the points trust. I wonder if the points folks were made to kick their fair share toward the special assessment. This 5 day notice is totally unexceptable. How did these two get on the ballot? Looks like they were hand picked by Festiva to help take over the board. Are the replacing owner board members or Festiva members?

Shelleykc

Reaction score
I have questioned all along whether every unit owner was assessed their fair share of the assessment. Based on the number of units (1 & 2 BR) in phase II, either not all owners were assessed their fair share or the current unit owners have been had on a very bad financing deal as the payback over three years is absurdly high. And of course, the owners paying for this have never been notified of the terms of this financial agreement struck by the board with a Festiva entity.