• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pacific Fantasy

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I own an annual week at Pono Kai with the Pono Kai owners association. If I purchase a week with Pacific Fantasy owners association would that cause me any problems? Would I have problems with reservations or check-in? Especially if I'm using my weeks back to back.:shrug:

aliikai2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not if you don't mind being homeless for 7 hours

These are 2 different associations with different units, so when your 1st week ends, you will have to check out, then wait until check in at 4 or 5 pm to get into the next unit.

Greg

I own an annual week at Pono Kai with the Pono Kai owners association. If I purchase a week with Pacific Fantasy owners association would that cause me any problems? Would I have problems with reservations or check-in? Especially if I'm using my weeks back to back.:shrug:

toby9116

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pono Kai and Pacific Fantasy also have different check in dates. Pono Kai chick in days are Wed or Sat. Pacific Fantasy check in is Fri. IMO it is better to stick with one or the other.

toby9116

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another note:
Many brokers/sales organizations do not have a clue what they are selling so many Pacific Fantasy and or Pono Kai units are not listed correctly. If thinking of purchasing a unit I always find out unit number listed on deed and verify with Bluegreen (the management co for Pono Kai) which association the unit is affiliated with.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Thanks for the advise. I called Bluegreen and they said that the unit comes up in there sysem but he did not know which owner association. Do they take Pacific fantasy reservations also? If they don not it sounds like it would be POno Kai owners,just like the guy said.

aliikai2

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have the unit # I can tell you

to which association it belongs.

Greg

Thanks for the advise. I called Bluegreen and they said that the unit comes up in there sysem but he did not know which owner association. Do they take Pacific fantasy reservations also? If they don not it sounds like it would be POno Kai owners,just like the guy said.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks again. I've read many of your posts about Pono Kai before and I know how knowledgable you are about the resort. Your posts helped me decide on Pono Kai to begin with.
It's between two units A304 and B305.

aliikai2

TUG Member
Reaction score
these are

Thanks, it is our favorite Hawaiian resort. These are both PK IOA units,
A304 is a lofted unit, and B305 is a regular unit. The PK considers all the Imperial 1 bedrooms the same.
Greg

Thanks again. I've read many of your posts about Pono Kai before and I know how knowledgable you are about the resort. Your posts helped me decide on Pono Kai to begin with.
It's between two units A304 and B305.

toby9116

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bluegreen takes care of reservations for both. The rep should have been able to answer your question by noting which check-in days are available.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On the loft unit, is that the smaller 2 bedroom listed
in the floor plans on Bluegreens website for the Pono
Kai or is that a different layout? I only see one plan for
a one bedroom.

toby9116

TUG Member
Reaction score
loft

It is a different layout. The loft is an open area above kitchen and bath of a typical 1 bedroom layout accessed by stairs across hall from kitchen. Others have said they have access to loft reservations with ownership of typical 1 bedroom but I have never been allowed to reserve one before I purchased a loft unit. This may be because I typically make my reservations 11-12 months ahead. Maybe these reservations are allowed closer to check in.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Jim. I love it when I get answers from you guys with all the expeience. 7 weeks at Pono Kai, wow. Someday I hope to get up to 4 weeks.
I am goning to go with the loft unit. I take it that it is setup as bedroom?

toby9116

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pono Kai loft

(My info could be wrong it was published by resort at the beginning)
By my figures only 5% of units in PKIOA are 1 bedroom loft units. Only about 5 2 bedroom loft units (that is 5 X 52 weeks) so you may have to be patient. I think I watched for 2 years for my 2 bedroom loft.
If that is what you want hold out for the right one. There are plenty of rentals available here and at other resorts. Maybe you will find something you like better and the resale market prices are not going to escalate substantially any time soon.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I actually have 2 choices available that are exactly what I want. Right now I know I want to add another Pono Kai week. That's all we will be able to use for right now. In the rare occasion I can't use them, I can roll them forward or I have about 10 people who would love to use it.
The plan is to add a couple more weeks in about 5 years when my wife can either retire or at least work part time. Hopefully the prices will still be good then.:D If not, I know I got great deals on these weeks I will use. When I do start looking for the extra weeks we may look to different island but for right now I don't know.
I never really thought about the loft but I do think it may be nice to use once in a while. Is the loft roomy or does it feel cramp t?

Greg

If your still following this thread is C304 a Pono Kai owners association?
Thanks