• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Big Cedar still owned by Bass Pro?

ruthjayne

TUG Member
Reaction score
If not, is there still any connection? Our local paper just had an article about staying at Big Cedar and it said that it was "owned by Bass Pro Shop". The writer was freaked out about "all the dead animals".

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Cedar Lodge (rental propertly) is owned by Bass Pro.

The Wilderness Club at Big Cedar (WCBC) is the timeshare portion and is jointly owned by Bass Pro (Johnny Morris) and Bluegreen Vacation Clubs.

Both parts (rental and timeshare) are decorated in luxury lodge style with lots of dead animals.

Anita

ruthjayne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks. I thought all of the comments about the dead animals were pretty funny. Obviously this reporter had never beed out of the city.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big Cedar is a great resort. It's so popular that they are expanding it even in this very poor real estate market. There is even another resort development being built out a few miles away by Bluegreen and Johnny Morris. It's called the Cliffs at Long Creek. I hope they keep adding new resorts like these in other parts of the country.

Here are the resort website links for both resorts.

Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar

The Cliffs at Long Creek

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wonder if the OP has ever visited the Bass Pro shop store in Springfield MO???? When we were there there were ducks walking around the store. VERY place. And lots of stuffed animals and birds there too. The store at Gulf Coast Town Mall in Estero (Ft. Myers area) even has a stuffed wild boar...we have lots of live ones down here.

Bet they never went hunting or fishing either. They have missed a lot.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Hunters & dead animals sorta go together, don't you think?

SMcdo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear they're expanding Big Cedar. I've never been able to pull it on RCI in the summer.

SunSand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any idea if the current construction site is a mess? We have reservations in early May. The bluegreen website says they're building a new lodge until June. Hopefully there won't be a ton of mud and noise in May.

cjareed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any idea if the current construction site is a mess? We have reservations in early May. The bluegreen website says they're building a new lodge until June. Hopefully there won't be a ton of mud and noise in May.

We have been in December and January. We are going again this next week. The construction is off to the side and it does not seem to be much noise or mess. They will probably be putting in the landscaping by May.

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
SMcdo, you're unlikely to see a Big Cedar summer deposit.

The problem is that few Bluegreen owners want to pony up the big dog summer Big Cedar into the RCI weeks black hole...you'd think it would have good trading power, but who knows?

Maybe you'll see a smaller (studio or 1 bedroom) early in the summer, but after mid June when it switches to High Red, I'd be shocked if even a handful get into RCI.

But if you're interested and have something good to trade, you'd have a good chance to set up a direct exchange with a Bluegreen owner.

I've setup a direct exchange in 2011 with a Wyndham owner for a Big Cedar summer week. It is a win/win and he'd never be able to get the week from RCI, nor would I be able to get the week he's booking for me.

Anita

SunSand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Helpful information, we should be good in May. Thank you.

SMcdo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Anita. I've wondered about the background on this resort's availability.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Anita. I've wondered about the background on this resort's availability.

You are much better off doing a direct exchange with a Bluegreen owner into Big Cedar. Lots of them around. Someone always wanting to go somewhere else. You can post message into one of the Bluegreen Forums. Never know what you'll get.

BigRedOne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Would recomend this resort

We stayed here this past summer for a quick get-away (purchased three nights in a studio off of eBay). The resort is massive and spread out; you need a car just to get around the resort. The resort is really nice and had beautiful mounts in the room (what everyone else on the post is calling dead animals). The resort is several miles from Branson and I think this is actually a plus. We spent one afternoon at one of the pools and it was great. Each condo complex has its own pool and most of them are free form with waterfalls.