• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hey! TUG looks different!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or my computer, but TUG is all white now. Most of the blue is gone. Did I miss something?

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no idea...appears to be a change in the template.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
actually looking closer, it appears to be exactly the same, its just missing many of the blue colored "bars" and line dividers and shading and such between many of the sections of each page.

im not quite sure whats happened, but it certainly wasnt deliberate and I doubt itll be permanent =)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
actually looking closer, it appears to be exactly the same, its just missing many of the blue colored "bars" and line dividers and shading and such between many of the sections of each page.

im not quite sure whats happened, but it certainly wasnt deliberate and I doubt itll be permanent =)

It appears to me that the problem is with the background image. Either the image file was deleted or the link to the image file is corrupted.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there isnt actually any background image...what is missing is the blue graphic/shading in and around all individual "boxes" within the various forum posts.

dont think its a configuration issue, if I had to guess its a permissions issue somewhere...because that formatting/etc is still present in the admin section.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
there isnt actually any background image...what is missing is the blue graphic/shading in and around all individual "boxes" within the various forum posts.

dont think its a configuration issue, if I had to guess its a permissions issue somewhere...because that formatting/etc is still present in the admin section.

It's more than just the background. The default font is different as well and is harder to read on the screen.

I have faith in you (and your team) to get it sorted out! :)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
all of that is related to the stylesheets that control the visual layout of the forum...and again it only applies to the public section as the admin panel still has the old version.

rest assured it will get fixed as soon as we discover how it got changed and why etc.

no need to continue to post on how much you hate it, I hate it too...its not a permanent thing.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
all of that is related to the stylesheets that control the visual layout of the forum...and again it only applies to the public section as the admin panel still has the old version.

rest assured it will get fixed as soon as we discover how it got changed and why etc.

no need to continue to post on how much you hate it, I hate it too...its not a permanent thing.

Brian, I hope this helps. Looking at the page source it shows your .css (stylesheet) at the following URL: http://tugbbs.com/forums/clientscript/clientscript/vbulletin_css/style-a5bdb2d7-00002.css

However, there is no such file at that location.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok...appears to be back to normal...anyone else still getting the funky format?

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Mea culpa

Was finally getting around to updating our test installation with the update we added here to the main board a while ago. Had to leave for a social engagement in the middle of things.

Looks like I managed to get something wrong that cross connected the two databases in some way. I hope everything is back to normal now (at least it's looking normal for me here), and I fervently hope we didn't lose any data.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I don't know if this is related but Tapatalk now is not showing quoted remarks, the bracketed Quote /Quote show instead.

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know if this is related but Tapatalk now is not showing quoted remarks, the bracketed Quote /Quote show instead.

It might be related, or might not (??). How's that for a definitive answer?

We also updated to the latest Tapatalk version within the last day or so.

How do other BBcode items like BOLD and italics look via Tapatalk?

Last edited:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It looks just fine to me on Tapatalk, incl. bracketed quotes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I use the HD version, it's still quite buggy in other respects. The bold and italics work, but here is what I see for the begin quote. Now that I look at it, begin quote is missing, just the reference to my name and post number.

[quote name="SmithOp" post=1623642]I don't know if this is related but Tapatalk now is not showing quoted remarks, the bracketed Quote /Quote show instead.[/QUOTE]

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Glad to see the old TUG but it looked a little unstable and twice if flipped back to the 'white' pages.

Brian

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Glad to see the old TUG but it looked a little unstable and twice if flipped back to the 'white' pages.

Brian

Yeah, things were being worked on from roughly 10pm to 2am last night (EDT).