• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Home Resort Priority in II [VA Beach at Oceanaire]

rmelo99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a Week 16 2BR Lockout unit in VA Beach at Oceanaire

We have used it every year since we've owned it but the temps can be a bit unpredictable and kid's break week varies and doesn't always line up.

We are considering a change for next year. I've setup a search in II for some other resorts via a place request instead of deposit.

In doing some TUG research I saw mention of priority if I were to request a diff week at my same home resort with II. How does that actually work?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Not all resorts have home resort priority in II - it varies from system to system.

rmelo99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply is there any chance II would provide this information if I called?

I swore I saw someone mention being concerned this would change with the DRI aqusition of GoldKey, implying this may be in place for my resort.

BTW: Thanks for editing my thread title.I'm not used to this kind of service on forums ;-)

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Gold Key always had priority for all other gold key properties. I don't know how long it lasts but there are at least a couple of days after a deposit was made where only gold key owners could see internal deposits or match using an ongoing search (OGS). You were competing with less people if you made your request early. I would imagine that it is still in place at least up until it is time for DRI to renegotiate the gold key contract with II. I wouldn't count on owner service being any help now a days because it has been taken over by DRI and they probably want you to think the only way to do an internal exchange is by converting to points and going through their internal system.

Preference is nothing you have to do. It should just happen automatically when using II, either with an OGS or when searching manually. You do have to have enough exchange power to match with the desired exchange.

Home resort priority was always a big selling point with gold key if you couldn't afford a better week. I have met many owners that have seen and used the priority to exchange back in.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There is a difference between home resort priority and a preference period. A preference period is where owners within a system have a period of time that they have preference for exchanging in to other resorts within the system they own. Some very common ones are the Marriott and Starwood preferences.

Home resort priority is a little different. This is where owners have a priority when exchanging back in to their home resort over non owners. However, I have always read that this priority only comes in to play when all other things, such as trade power, are tied.