• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Trade to Disney Saratoga

ljlong15

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

Just checked in last night. I was charged a $95 fee I think it was for housekeeping when we leave as we are not MVC members. Is that correct? Also does anyone know if any of the 1 bedrooms have a outside table that seats 4 to eat at? We are in Carousel. Not very impressed. The living room and kitchen area seem very tight. Thank you for your input.

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $95 fee is a fee that is charged for all RCI trades.

On the size of the room in regards to the 1 bedroom, Saratoga Springs is the smallest 1 bedroom (714 square feet) on the property of the Disney Vacation Club resorts.

Most of the balconies at Disney will not fit a table of 4. You can go to the pool area. There are tables there.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello

Just checked in last night. I was charged a $95 fee I think it was for housekeeping when we leave as we are not MVC members. Is that correct? Also does anyone know if any of the 1 bedrooms have a outside table that seats 4 to eat at? We are in Carousel. Not very impressed. The living room and kitchen area seem very tight. Thank you for your input.

The $95 is a nuisance fee charged to all RCI inbounds, whether you own Disney or not.

Viewed strictly as timeshare units, the "second generation" design used at VWL, BWV, BCV, and SSR are not what one would normally expect. The 2BR dedicated and lockoffs each have almost exactly the same layout. The living areas are barely large enough for the four people in a 1BR, let alone the eight in a 2BR.

The only 1BR with a table for four that I can think of is at OKW.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
There are so many other nice resorts with much more room than Disney resorts have.

Unless I get Old Key West or Wilderness Lodge Villas units via ongoing searches I have for October, our family is staying at the Marriott. Much nicer units and better equipped.

Sorry to all of those who love Disney, but it's just true, and no fees to stay. Putting a boy and girl on a sofa sleeper in the living room is not my idea of good accommodations for a family of four, so my daughter agrees with me.

Of course, we always have a car. I cannot see myself penned into the DVC empire without being able to get out for lunch elsewhere. Disney food is not my favorite.

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
The $95 is a nuisance fee charged to all RCI inbounds, whether you own Disney or not.

I call the $95 fee the "because we can fee." For me it is just a small additional cost for the privileges that come with a Disney resort (early or late park access, early access to dining reservations, ride reservations, etc.).

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
And as a side note in case it caught you by surprise, that $95 fee is clearly mentioned both on the resort listing on the RCI website, as well as in the confirmation on the exchange...

-Rob

pt181

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always thought the $95 fee is to cover transportation - busses, boats, monorail and Disney Magical Express (should you care to use them). When we go, we don't rent a car so take advantage of the transportation. DME from/to the airport, boats to/from Disney Springs and OKW and SSR. Friendship boats around Boardwalk, YC/BC resort area to EPCOT and DHS. Boats from Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian & Poly. Riding the monorail at Poly, GF and Contemporary. We do a lot of dining around the resorts and use all the WDW transportation.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always thought the $95 fee is to cover transportation
Anyone staying at a Disney resort gets that, included in their stay---that's true even if a DVC Member gives (or rents) a reservation to you. The only people who pay that $95 are RCI inbounds.

There is one thing the $95 gets you that you would not otherwise get if you were the guest of or renting the reservation from a Member: the ability to call DVC's toll-free number regarding a reservation that was not booked with your own DVC points. That's one expensive "toll free" call.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't think of even one thing the $95 fee gets you. Even the call to Member Services seems idiotic. I just exchanged for two 1 bedroom villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and I had to call Disney Vacation Club member Services to add all the information they need. After 12 minutes on hold I was told they don't have the reservations yet. It takes a week. UGH!!

I like using my own points,but for the cost of a one bedroom in DVC points I could trade for three one bedrooms using RCI points. But I am not going. My daughter and her friends are going each in a one bedroom. I am sure they will love it but Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort is not a resort that beckons to me me.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't think of even one thing the $95 fee gets you. Even the call to Member Services seems idiotic. I just exchanged for two 1 bedroom villas at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and I had to call Disney Vacation Club member Services to add all the information they need. After 12 minutes on hold I was told they don't have the reservations yet. It takes a week. UGH!!

I like using my own points,but for the cost of a one bedroom in DVC points I could trade for three one bedrooms using RCI points. But I am not going. My daughter and her friends are going each in a one bedroom. I am sure they will love it but Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort is not a resort that beckons to me me.
Even members who exchange in pay the fee. As noted, it doesn't provide anything not already paid for except for one thing, the ability to get the exchange. They used to call it a resort services fee but it's essentially used to pay for the exchange program on Disney's end. Still worth it in many cases if the location is important to the exchanger.

antjmar

Reaction score
I didn't mind the $95 fee especially considering what owners pay for the same room.
The "fee" gave me free parking (usually $20 a day) and free magic bands...
IMO these 2 things are worth more than $95. It also got me extended hours at the parks! Priceless
I didn't use this but they will even pick you up and drop you off at the airport.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
If enough people stopped exchanging there they would stop charging the fee.

Rob562

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't mind the $95 fee especially considering what owners pay for the same room.
The "fee" gave me free parking (usually $20 a day) and free magic bands...
IMO these 2 things are worth more than $95. It also got me extended hours at the parks! Priceless
I didn't use this but they will even pick you up and drop you off at the airport.

I think the point that people are getting at is that all of those things (Magical Express, bus and boat transportation in WDW, MagicBands, etc) are all things paid for by the annual Maintenance Fees that DVC members pay on their points. Most of the weeks being deposited into RCI are weeks DVC members are trading *out* of DVC to stay elsewhere.

Thus, the maintenance fees for those particular weeks have already been paid, and the associated "freebies" associated with them are already covered. The $95 is pretty much just Disney charging RCI exchangers to administrate these RCI exchanges, but covering it up as being a "resort fee" or "amenities fee"...

-Rob

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
It just occurred to me that we didn't get charged the $95 fee for our last two SSR exchanges in November and March. We are DVC owners. Has anyone else not been charged?

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
It just occurred to me that we didn't get charged the $95 fee for our last two SSR exchanges in November and March. We are DVC owners. Has anyone else not been charged?
I've always been charged -- but had the most recent one reversed due to maint/housekeeping issues with the room.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check your CC, it's likely it got added to the bill and charged automatically. We're DVC members and I've asked this question of management.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check your CC, it's likely it got added to the bill and charged automatically. We're DVC members and I've asked this question of management.

I checked, and there is nothing. My DH is the credit card police and would definitely notice a $95 charge appearing. Very weird.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked, and there is nothing. My DH is the credit card police and would definitely notice a $95 charge appearing. Very weird.
You were just lucky, I wouldn't count on it going forward. Any chance it was rolled into your overall bill?

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The $95 fee is charged to your room account along with anything else charged to your room. It wouldnt be a separate $95 charge on your credit card.

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
The $95 fee is charged to your room account along with anything else charged to your room. It wouldnt be a separate $95 charge on your credit card.

I have my resort bill. Definitely no $95 fee.

I should add that I've exchanged into DVC multiple times in the past and have always been charged. These last two trips are the only ones where we haven't been charged.

Last edited: