• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

IPad Question

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Turning to my fellow "tuggers" who have answers for EVERYTHING! I am chair of our union negotiating committee and also chief note taker. Last time 'round, I shlepped my laptop to NY, took notes and then shared with members. The laptop is old and it is heavy and I would prefer to use IPad instead. but typing on IPad is challenging at best. I surely could invest in a keyboard - would that solve the problem? Does it respond like tradition laptop, pc keyboard or does it love to autofill like IPad? ANy good note taking aps to recommend? I am open to suggestions.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
If that's the main use of your laptop, then yes, the iPad is perfect. There are tons of Bluetooth keyboards. Just search iPad Bluetooth keyboard on eBay and you can choose what works best for you. There are tons of note taking apps as well. Evernote seems to be one of the most popular ones.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Auto fill depends on the note taking app and you should be able to disable it in the settings of the app if you wish.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Please let me know what you decide on a keyboard. I'm thinking of getting one as well as I am a full hands on typist. I might cheat off your research.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
ANy good note taking aps to recommend? I am open to suggestions.

Try OneNote... I love it, as does everyone I've talked to about it.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
If that's the main use of your laptop, then yes, the iPad is perfect. There are tons of Bluetooth keyboards. Just search iPad Bluetooth keyboard on eBay and you can choose what works best for you. There are tons of note taking apps as well. Evernote seems to be one of the most popular ones.

+1

I'm considering buying the clamcase (it's about $150 after their regular emailed coupons; www.clamcase.com). Expensive, but looks excellent.

And, I'm also a huge fan of Evernote after starting to use it regularly earlier this year. I also paid the annual $45 fee to them so I can search within PDFs and other docs I attach to notes, which is a great feature. On a related note, if you have an iPhone get the Scanner Pro app ($3) - I now scan all receipts at restaurants and elsewhere and this app automatically syncs the scan with Evernote in a "receipts" folder I created. I don't bother taking the paper receipts any longer. Huge advantage when trying to find a receipt.

Sent from my iPad

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
+1

I'm considering buying the clamcase (it's about $150 after their regular emailed coupons; www.clamcase.com). Expensive, but looks excellent.

And, I'm also a huge fan of Evernote after starting to use it regularly earlier this year. I also paid the annual $45 fee to them so I can search within PDFs and other docs I attach to notes, which is a great feature. On a related note, if you have an iPhone get the Scanner Pro app ($3) - I now scan all receipts at restaurants and elsewhere and this app automatically syncs the scan with Evernote in a "receipts" folder I created. I don't bother taking the paper receipts any longer. Huge advantage when trying to find a receipt.

Sent from my iPad

To add on to Clemson Fan and Ken - +3 for Evernote

I have it on my Smartphone, Tablet and PC - synchs to all 3. It's a slick app.

Richard

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you turn the iPad vertical and split the keyboard it is easy to type using to thumbs. I can type about 30 words per minute this way. I have a bluetooth keyboard but never use it because this is fast and easy.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
+4 for Evernote. Although retired now, I use it for mundane things like grocery shopping! Type your list on the iPad and when you get to the store there it is on your iPhone. We have it synced across four devices.