• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott 13 Month Reservation

Chase

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok...need some insight from Marriott owners of 2 legacy weeks. Here are a couple of questions. The question applies to booking a legacy week, not Destination Points.

-- have you ever struggled to get into your resort 13 months out?
-- any Marriott Mountainside owners that can weigh in?
-- do you rent one of the consecutive weeks back out? How difficult is this? Do you use Redweek? Marriott?
-- if you have one resale week and one with full Marriott privileges, do they book any different?

I currently have a platinum at Mountainside and am toying with buying another resale. Just want to have a realistic assessment if it will make booking easier.

Thanks.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In answer to two of your questions
No, but I have always phoned at exactly the minute the inventory was released and occasionally had to compromise on which day of the week I check in.
-- if you have one resale week and one with full Marriott privileges, do they book any different?
Absolutely not.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
In answer to two of your questions
No, but I have always phoned at exactly the minute the inventory was released and occasionally had to compromise on which day of the week I check in.
Absolutely not.

My answers are the same as Barry's. Never have a problem getting my multiple week reservations - sometimes I even leave it quite late to make the booking - last year we were at sea on a cruise when the date came round - still had no problem to book when we returned home.

Chase

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose having a resale legacy week and another official Marriott week will not allo me 13 month DC booking for the one Arriott week, right?

n777lt

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Maui Ocean Club (Napili Towers) legacy weeks 13 months out - yes, one year we did have trouble, despite calling right on the dot, but it was for weeks 4 and 5, IIRC. We had to accept a two-day overlap. We managed to rent out the two days that were excess, used airbnb in order to stay a full 2 weeks, and the Room Assignment Team still managed to allow us to stay in the same unit for the 12 days.

This year the opposite - with some turmoil due to family illness, I never got around to calling in December. Last week with some trepidation I looked at the availability calendars and saw weeks 3 and 4 available! Now, there is a one-day GAP between those weeks, but I grabbed 'em while on hold waiting for a VOA and then used DC points to reserve a space for the missing night.

So even the 13 month privilege isn't fool-proof.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suppose having a resale legacy week and another official Marriott week will not allo me 13 month DC booking for the one Arriott week, right?

You need to book two weeks either consecutive weeks or concurrent weeks to do a reservation at 13 months. Whether one os a resale and the other is a developer purchase has no relevance at all.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own 3 weeks in Aruba and yes I have struggled at the 13 month mark. I do call and get in at exactly 9 AM. This year in particular was difficult. I eventually did get my weeks, some at 13 months and then I adjusted them and got the 3rd week at 12 months.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Ok...need some insight from Marriott owners of 2 legacy weeks. Here are a couple of questions. The question applies to booking a legacy week, not Destination Points.

-- any Marriott Mountainside owners that can weigh in?
-- do you rent one of the consecutive weeks back out? How difficult is this? Do you use Redweek? Marriott?

I currently have a platinum at Mountainside and am toying with buying another resale. Just want to have a realistic assessment if it will make booking easier.

Thanks.

I haven't been able to book the two weeks straddling Memorial Day using two Weeks, either two SurfWatch or a SW and a Barony Week. But I've been successful booking three Weeks, the two prior to Memorial Day and one following. I also call at 9AM as soon as the windows open. I have no experience with renting but have deposited 13-mos reservations to II for exchange (prior to the DC) as well as canceled 13-mos reservations to convert Weeks to DC Points.

Whether the Weeks are purchased direct from Marriott or on the external market makes no difference. In order to use the Weeks 13-mos Reservation Window, you have to own multiple weeks and book at least two either consecutively or concurrently. Different resorts or different seasons, doesn't matter, as long as the weeks you want line up consecutively or concurrently on the calendar and are available to book.

Last edited:

chrono88

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Summit Watch and have not had much trouble booking 2 weeks at exactly the 13 month mark. I have never tried to get Sundance weeks though.

radmoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
12 month window for single week owners

We own single Canyon Villas week and are not enrolled in DC. As we love coming to Royal Haciendas, I have taken to renting out our CV unit. I always look for March/spring break week as they are in high demand. This morning I set myself up and pressed "request exchange" button at EXACTLY 9am Eastetn time and was able to select and confirm Sat, March 12, 2016 check in. It takes dome doing but you can make single week ownership work.

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
What's the difference between booking online and calling for anyone who has done both. I totally forgot this morning and saw nothing available at twenty minutes after booking opened for my MOU at the 12 month booking.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between booking online and calling for anyone who has done both. I totally forgot this morning and saw nothing available at twenty minutes after booking opened for my MOU at the 12 month booking.

It's the same. The best method is probably both. Calling and refreshing at 5 minutes before and book whichever comes up first.

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I booked my DSV week for March 2016 online with my iPad when the window opened at 6 AM pacific and got exactly what I wanted by 6:01 and rolled back over to snooze a bit longer. I'm also a single week owner.

E

EducatedConsumer

On-line, you have immediate access to Marriott's inventory, rather than potential busy signals at Owner Services, a message that says something to the effect of "we can't take any more calls, please call back," or the eternal "hold" paralysis, that could be 30 minutes, waiting for an Owner Services representative to pick up.

Over the time that you have your phone handset in your hands, the Owners booking via the Internet, are eating the inventory up. So, you could find none by the time that your call is answered.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
On-line, you have immediate access to Marriott's inventory, rather than potential busy signals at Owner Services, a message that says something to the effect of "we can't take any more calls, please call back," or the eternal "hold" paralysis, that could be 30 minutes, waiting for an Owner Services representative to pick up.

Over the time that you have your phone handset in your hands, the Owners booking via the Internet, are eating the inventory up. So, you could find none by the time that your call is answered.
Except, of course, when you get the dreaded spinning wheel and the website won't load. Much like a busy signal.

n777lt

TUG Member
Reaction score

Except you can't do 13-month-out 2-consecutive-week bookings online. I wish they'd fix that!

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
As a relatively new owner of Maui Ocean Club Napili (2 bdrm 2 wks EOY), on my 2nd time ever booking I could NOT get availability for my dates and I was both calling in as the time rolled to 9am on first inventory release date AND online (though as said, if you want to book consecutive weeks as we do you have to call), and I about croaked when they said there was nothing for my dates.

To say I was upset and shocked is an understatement. I have owned DVC a very long time and thought I knew how to work the system. Big eye opener to now own "traditional" TS! A friend on the Maui TA forum told me to run not walk to the TUGS forums for input which btw has been very helpful.

I find it very stressful to be poised, ready to strike and call at the very first second of inventory release and pray, pray that I get through on the phone in time to get my desired dates (Jan/Feb). The time I didn't get my rez, I had to wait for each of my desired 3 weeks to be released one at a time at the 12 month window since I had not been able to secure my entire rez at the 13 month window. This is the only big downside for us in our MMOC purchase. Looking back if we had known what we know now we would have bought fixed weeks.

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)
13 Month Reservations

I have been happy more times than not with my success rate getting reservations at the 12 month mark logging on at 9:00am. This will be the first year I am able to reserve at 13 months. However, I'm concerned that if I'm limited to calling in at 9:00 am It will lessen my chance of getting the first week although obviously increasing my chances of the second week if successful with the first.

I'm curious to hear how successful others have been calling in at 13 months.
I guess I just feel more in control reserving on-line. I wish they would offer this capability

Last edited by a moderator:

Jo Jo

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Deleted duplicate info misplaced by OP.]

Currently I own platinum OS at Surf Club. My experience has been that as long as I book right at 9:00am, @ the 12 month window, I can get my request.

Hence Ocean Club would be a nice addition in providing access to two different (but both awesome) experiences. : )

I am also interested in hearing about booking experience/availability at the OC.

Thx.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jo Jo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry ... Half of my reply was supposed to be directed at another thread!

:rofl:

However still interested to hearing about booking experiences.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
It really depends on what weeks you want to book. We own 3 weeks at the OC and we go weeks 51/52. It has become very difficult. For 2015 it took about 8 calls for me to get the dates we wanted. I started at the 13 month mark and ended at the 12 month mark.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I always book 2 Week 51's at Frenchman's Cove at 13 months and never have a problem except getting thru on the phone. This year I booked Saturday and called back 2 weeks later and changed it to Sunday.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Interestingly, this past Tuesday around noontime I was able to book three consecutive Weeks at Hilton Head for next year beginning May 13th. The day I called was actually after the 13-mos Reservation Window had opened for all three of the weeks and I was expecting to hear that at least one wouldn't be available, based on difficulties I've had in other years booking the same string. Can't explain it but I'm happy. :)

Note I'm merging your thread, SMB1, with another related one from a few weeks ago.