• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Nassau Grocer VS Food store 2 go.com

Dargan1275

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with either or both of these and have a recommendation on which one to use for Harborside. Thanks

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
Have used foodstore2go and was pleased-came right on time and items needing refrigeration came in a cooler--I arranged delivery for 6pm the Saturday night of our arrival knowing I would be in my villa at that time. You can sometimes find an online coupon it it is your first time using them. Sometimes I also stop at grocery on our way-I use Sandra Ferguson and she will do a quick stop for a nominal fee--I bring a lot of items from home also.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We just take the van from the resort to the grocery store for an hour. We're usually there for 2 weeks, so we take some time to stock up.

gandalf252002

TUG Member
Reaction score
I personally cannot recommend foodstore2go. They were supposed to come on the night we arrived. Didn't call to let us know they were not coming either. Unprofessional to say the least. Excuses about truck breaking down doesn't fly as that doesn't explain why no communication.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We use to stop at the grocery store, but on our last three trips have used foodstore2go. We love, love, love their service.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've done it each way, and they both worked out fine. It was nice to plan everything ahead of time with foodstore2go.com, but it worked out last time to stop at the grocery store, too. I really can't say one is better than the other.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I liked food store 2 go for the convenience. Having scoped out the little grocery/convenience store by the shops across from marina village, Next time I will probably get less from food store to go and make a stop at the store the first morning. I brought all my meat and cheese with me, and really only needed fruits, veg, liquid refreshments and crushables (chips/bread).

I planned several formal dinners but the kids (20 and up) would eat sandwiches before I could get dinner cooked so next time I will only bring lunch meat. I left some food there, the housekeepers were happy about that! You should plan your meals to a T. You don't want to waste $$ on overpriced food.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
I believe Food2Go is still around, just under a different name (Instagopher).

While it's certainly convenient, keep in mind that the prices you see on their website are not the same that you'd pay at the grocery store if you shopped there yourself. You'll pay an upcharge on every item PLUS a delivery fee, which mitigates the cost savings.

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I used to use foodstore2go. I very much liked their service, but as previously said, they went out of business for a while and have come back to life as Instagopher (https://www.instagopher.com).

This transition was still in flux when I visited Atlantis this year. We used Nassau Grocery (http://nassaugrocery.com) and had a good experience. We'll be using them again on our next visit.

I'm not a fan of the taxi stop, as we usually arrive at the resort several hours before our room is guaranteed to be ready, and we always have refrigerated items that could spoil if left in the heat for a few hours. The service we've received from these providers has been good, so I find the prices/markup acceptable.