• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton exercised WOW!!

bosco0633

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just want to let you know thy i purchased a 7000 point Tuscany drive for $8500.00. And Hilton exercised on it. I have heard that Hilton is getting more aggressive on 7000 point packages. Back to the drawing board for my third unit.

bosco0633

TUG Member
Reaction score
Except grand pacific will NOT let you join hgvc on a resale!

Bill4728

Reaction score
You should be able to get about the same price/pt at the Flamingo (a true HGVC resort) which doesn't have ROFR.

BUT why are you buying more? You already have 17K. Maybe you should try a different TS system.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
ya that seems overkill, and its not like they are the cheapest for exchanging. I'd considering broadening my horizons.

bosco0633

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually sold 2 units 5000 each and purchased another 7000 at flamingo. I now have 14000 points and would like one more. I like the Hilton and use most of points for us and bringing friends and family with us. I may look into another system eventually but for now I think 21000 points can accomodste my needs for our entire family and extended. Not to mention I sell points to co-workers off setting my personal use!

Bill4728

Reaction score
Bill4728 said:
BUT why are you buying more? You already have 17K.

LOL I was thinking that my comment was like the pot calling the kettle black.

I own 5 TS and only have 4 weeks of vacation, so who am I to ask why another TS?

smokyhill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just want to let you know thy i purchased a 7000 point Tuscany drive for $8500.00. And Hilton exercised on it. I have heard that Hilton is getting more aggressive on 7000 point packages. Back to the drawing board for my third unit.

Sorry to hear you lost out. Bummer! Has anyone else heard of Hilton exercising? This is the 1st one I've heard of in some time. We just had a 4800pt Seaworld clear last month for $3050.00 and someone else cleared the same at Seaworld for $2900.00. Maybe things are starting to bottom out.

bosco0633

TUG Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine lost a 7000 point seaworld last month to ROFR. He paid 8000 and Hilton purchased back.

I have heard that the 7000 points are being targeted by Hilton right now.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
I have been with HGVC since 2001. I figured I have more than enough points with HGVC (24,000) so I purchased Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge summer season so I could get into II. Furthermore, we love Colorado in the summer. We have also decided to travel before we become too sick to travel.

The Bay Club 7000 points may still be purchased on Ebay at low cost but I would not do that unless you plan on going to Hawaii at least once every other year.

Rancher

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just heard today that my 7000 points in Las Vegas that I purchased for $7000 cleared ROFR. If it works as well as I have heard I will be trying to snag another shortly.

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
I just heard today that my 7000 points in Las Vegas that I purchased for $7000 cleared ROFR. If it works as well as I have heard I will be trying to snag another shortly.

Congratulations!!! :cheer: