• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

hgvc affiliates

austdav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Magic Tree 3 units Hilton Sea World
have a 4800 seaworld pkg and looking to add points. the thing i notice is most of the hgvc owned properties i can get to, but the affiliate properties are hard to get to, mainly travel in feburary. Thinking i should buy an affiliate properity and adding points that way. first question is yes or no on affiliate. Secondly does any of the affiliate resorts have lock-offs as sometimes we stay with my daughter who lives in fl. and sometimes its just me and the wife. As for me im a country boy who probably likes mom and pop shops over corporations but likes the nice place to rest at night Thanks for your imput

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Buying an affiliate will benefit you if you plan on staying at that one particular affiliate often. Is there one place that you would stay at often? Each location has its own set of rules, etc. Some do have lock offs and some don't, so you'd want to verify that before you buy there.

If you aren't planning on staying at the same resort often, you might be better off buying into another system. I know it's convenient to have all points in one place, but you open the doors to more choices to own something else.

austdav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks presley, ill try to explain my thinking a little better. I had a 2 bedroom marriott previously and in process of selling my hyatt. Both had nice resorts but lousy point systems. Just find hgvc the easiest and most convient to use. By getting an affiliate it would open up another area but at the very least i would be able to use hgvc points. My thinking on the lockoff is i could stay 1 week and exchange the other to hgvc points as it seems i never have quite enough points. I live in PA and like the myrtle beach area, and even more to go to FL in winter months to see kids and grandkids. I like to walk and sightsee, dont much need to buy anything, leave that to the wife. I like hollywood beach in Florida but dont see any nice resorts. I am not against getting ts from another co. but not sure who to look at. Thought about wyndham and blue greeen but they have bought so many other companys that their point system seems confusing, maybe not but seems that way. Hope this explains what im looking for a little better. i like ii better than rci i have never tried sfx maybe that would help too. If you can please list specific resorts that may interest me. Or another system that i should consider. Thanks again in advance

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks presley, ill try to explain my thinking a little better. I had a 2 bedroom marriott previously and in process of selling my hyatt. Both had nice resorts but lousy point systems. Just find hgvc the easiest and most convient to use. By getting an affiliate it would open up another area but at the very least i would be able to use hgvc points. My thinking on the lockoff is i could stay 1 week and exchange the other to hgvc points as it seems i never have quite enough points. I live in PA and like the myrtle beach area, and even more to go to FL in winter months to see kids and grandkids. I like to walk and sightsee, dont much need to buy anything, leave that to the wife. I like hollywood beach in Florida but dont see any nice resorts. I am not against getting ts from another co. but not sure who to look at. Thought about wyndham and blue greeen but they have bought so many other companys that their point system seems confusing, maybe not but seems that way. Hope this explains what im looking for a little better. i like ii better than rci i have never tried sfx maybe that would help too. If you can please list specific resorts that may interest me. Or another system that i should consider. Thanks again in advance

The only Hilton Timeshare in South Florida is in South Beach.

If you want to stay in Hollywood, you might want to consider doing weekly rentals at one of the many condos that are all over south florida. Depending on when/where you go, you could probably get a good deal. Just be sure you know the area you intend to stay in, because South Florida is Notorious for having shady areas that are just a couple of blocks from nice areas.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
My thinking on the lockoff is i could stay 1 week and exchange the other to hgvc points as it seems i never have quite enough points.

It's a good idea, but I'm not sure if that is an option for any of the affiliates. I haven't ever seen anyone post that they can do that. Hopefully, someone who owns a lock off can chime in, as my affiliates are on west coast and do not have any lock off units.

You may want to call one of the resale brokers who specialize in HGVC resales and ask them if there are any affiliate resorts in Florida that would let you do that. And, since you already own in the system, maybe look through the directory and contact the affiliate resorts and ask to speak to their resale department and then ask them about it.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a good idea, but I'm not sure if that is an option for any of the affiliates. I haven't ever seen anyone post that they can do that. Hopefully, someone who owns a lock off can chime in, as my affiliates are on west coast and do not have any lock off units.

You may want to call one of the resale brokers who specialize in HGVC resales and ask them if there are any affiliate resorts in Florida that would let you do that. And, since you already own in the system, maybe look through the directory and contact the affiliate resorts and ask to speak to their resale department and then ask them about it.

None of the SW FL affiliates have lock offs. Most are 2 BR's and some have 1 BR's. To "lock-off" you would need to cancel your 2BR reservation so you receive the points and book a 1 bedroom within the club reservation system. 1 BR's in South Beach is very doable but getting a 1BR in the SW FL affiliates is not very easy since (1) not many 1 BR units to begin with (2) the limited 1BR's need to be turned in by the owners so that it is available for booking.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
If you liked Hollywood, you will be blown away by South Beach

If you like Hollywood Florida you will love South Beach which is readily available in the Hilton Grand Vacation Club System. The Hilton resort South Beach is right in the middle of the action and is very walkable. We have been going there since 2001 and have owned there since 2006 and have never rented a car. It is just too much fun and convenient to be there without a car. We are booked there the first two weeks of December. We originally thought about going there every March for the winter music conference which is a total blast. However, we found Honolulu in the Hilton system which is even better than South Beach in the winter. Therefore, we go to South Beach in December and Honolulu in the winter. If you want a flexible system which has resorts right in the middle of the action then the Hilton Grand Vacation Club is your system. It also trades really well with SFX if you get tired of having fun in the club resorts.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
have a 4800 seaworld pkg and looking to add points. the thing i notice is most of the hgvc owned properties i can get to, but the affiliate properties are hard to get to, mainly travel in feburary. Thinking i should buy an affiliate properity and adding points that way. first question is yes or no on affiliate. Secondly does any of the affiliate resorts have lock-offs as sometimes we stay with my daughter who lives in fl. and sometimes its just me and the wife. As for me im a country boy who probably likes mom and pop shops over corporations but likes the nice place to rest at night Thanks for your imput

If you're looking to travel to one of the SW FL affiliates for travel in February, you really need to buy a winter float week in the resort you like. The owners who own them either use or rent them out.

YOu can book Miami South Beach pretty easily for Jan-March during club season, just do it at the 9 month mark.

I'm a SW florida owner so happy to answer any questions you may have.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

There is a nice Bluegreen resort on Miami beach in a quieter residential area of the beach that may appeal to you. It's called Solara Surfside. BG points are pretty cheap and by owning at this resort you'd have access to Bonus time which is like open season but in the BG system. This resort was originally sold as fixed weeks which may work out better than the points and you'd still have the option of bonus time.
Check it out. http://www.bluegreenonline.com/explore/resortDetail.aspx?ResortID=1

I'm not aware of any lock off units in SW Florida either.
The good thing about adding more HGVC points thru an affiliate is the access to RCI points resorts or being able to trade in II with some of the affiliates.
SFX also gives bonus weeks for depositing an HGVC unit.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
If you're looking to travel to one of the SW FL affiliates for travel in February, you really need to buy a winter float week in the resort you like. The owners who own them either use or rent them out.

YOu can book Miami South Beach pretty easily for Jan-March during club season, just do it at the 9 month mark.

I'm a SW florida owner so happy to answer any questions you may have.

It's my understanding that if you get a HGVC Affiliate in SW Florida (Marco Island?) and it's a fixed week you get 7K points, otherwise you get thrown in the lottery each year and you don't know how many points your going to get?

Last edited:

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's my understanding that if you get a HGVC Affiliate in SW Florida (Marco Island?) and it's a fixed week you get 7K points, otherwise you get thrown in the lottery each year and you don't know how many points your going to get?

The Marco Island properties have both fixed and floating weeks. Here are the differences:

Fixed- you get the HGVC points allocated based on the week, season and size, i.e. 7,000 for 2BR for weeks 7-13 (platinum), 5,000 for 2BR in gold season

Floating- There are winter (can book 5-16) and summer weeks (all the other weeks)

The winter weeks will get you 5,000 (5-6, 14-16) or 7,000 (weeks7-13) points while the summer weeks are gold or silver seasons with the exception of week 51 which is a platinum week.

If you own a floating week, if there are more requests for that week than slots, they will hold a lottery.

mgeez

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have owned at a floating summer Marco affiliate for many years and have always recieved 5,000 via the lotteries, however if you plan on staying there for a certain week every year, it may not be available if there are more requests for that week, hence the lottery.
This year we weren't awarded our 2015 5,000 points until the 1st week in August.
But it is worth the lottery "hassle" to get into the HGVC system so cheaply.
I've known people to get into the club for as little as $1,000 total,choosing the affiliate route.
At Eagles Nest, you will have the option to join HGVC, which will automatically give you the RCI option, and also II. Most HGVC do not have the capability to join II.

Last edited:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have owned at a floating summer Marco affiliate for many years and have always recieved 5,000 via the lotteries, however if you plan on staying there for a certain week every year, it may not be available if there are more requests for that week, hence the lottery.
This year we weren't awarded our 2015 5,000 points until the 1st week in August.
But it is worth the lottery "hassle" to get into the HGVC system so cheaply.
I've known people to get into the club for as little as $1,000 total,choosing the affiliate route.
At Eagles Nest, you will have the option to join HGVC, which will automatically give you the RCI option, and also II. Most HGVC do not have the capability to join II.
For Eagles Nest and the other SW Florida HGVC affiliates, in order to use your 2015 HGVC points now or to make a 2015 reservation using your 2015 points now, do you have to prepay your 2015 Maintenance Fee's (MF's), or can you wait and pay your MF's in January? I was just wondering if the Florida affiliates are like the Bay Club in Hawaii, which requires the prepayment of MF's.

Last edited:

sb2313

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't prepay my fees before converting to points. Not been an issue go use them now and pay fees in January. I own at eagles nest.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't prepay my fees before converting to points. Not been an issue go use them now and pay fees in January. I own at eagles nest.

Same here for my 3 SW Florida affiliates (Sanibel Cottages, Casa Ybel, and Seawatch)

austdav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
so if you were buying another affiliate. which would you suggest

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Carlsbad also has affiliates and they convert to nice point values.

No prepayment of fees is required for future points.

My fixed summer week is worth 6200 in the system.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'd first take a serious look at a fixed week in/on Marco Island: I don't want less than 7K points.

If Marco panned put, I'd buy another Bay Club, either 7000 or 8400 points.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Same for the Captiva properties as well. I own at Eagle's Nest and South Seas Club.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

It depends on which one you would actually use. I bought at Marco and Captiva (winter weeks) because they are hard to reserve even within HGVC, much less exchanging into via II or RCI.

So for me it served 3 purposes- being able to stay at the resort I like, having option to have HGVC points and access to trade in Interval since most only exchanges in RCI.

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Ron, I had also heard that at the bay club I had to prepay to make reservations. But I've been merrily making 2015 reservations and I haven't had to prepay anything. I think it might be that if the reservation is for a check in before the mf are due then they have to prepay. I.e if I had wanted to borrow my 2015 points into 2014 then I would have had to prepay since my check-in would have been before my mf would have been due.

Ian

CJinPHX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also in South FL remember Plantation Beach Club at Indian River, just north of Palm Beach. Small resort, and maintenance fees are a bit high, but covered for years by how little you can pay upfront for your points. Nice beach location. I've never had to prepay maintenance to get HGVC points or deposit into SFX or RCI, Like Eagle's Nest and other Marco Island affiliates it is also an II resort. Lots of options.