• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Good time of years for Rentals in Hawaii

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which weeks rent best in Hawaii? It would be for resorts in the Wyndham system. Which resorts are preferred?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I think the Travel Demand Index is very accurate for Hawaii rentals:

Hawaii - http://www.intervalworld.com/images/tdi-13.gif

However, I don't find that the Wyndham resorts in Hawaii, are big time rentals.

If I were going to rent, I'd probably go with the one in Waikiki.

Even with my ocean front weeks at Kauai Beach Villas - I'm lucky to cover my maintenance fees.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the Travel Demand Index is very accurate for Hawaii rentals:

Hawaii - http://www.intervalworld.com/images/tdi-13.gif

However, I don't find that the Wyndham resorts in Hawaii, are big time rentals.

If I were going to rent, I'd probably go with the one in Waikiki.

Even with my ocean front weeks at Kauai Beach Villas - I'm luck to cover my maintenance fees.

Denise, Would you say the two bedrooms at Kauai beach lagoon view are not rentable at any price or is their a price where they would be easy to rent. And what's a good price for ocean view 2 bedrooms

It sounds Like Hawaii is like most rentals in the Wyndham system. iIts hard to make money without the platinum owners discount

Last edited:

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Which weeks rent best in Hawaii? It would be for resorts in the Wyndham system. Which resorts are preferred?

Generally, people like Maui and Waikiki when it comes to Hawaii. Since Wyndham doesn't really have much of a presence on Maui, you're limited to Waikiki. Beach Walk has a great location and would be more demanded in my mind. Outside of Christmas/New Year's, you're looking primarily at mid-Feb to late March as your most demanded times.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I've been in Waikiki this week and passed by Beach Walk a couple of times, its a very desirable area with fine dining and high end shopping mall with a huge food court that rivals Ala Moana. Hilton Hokulani is right across the street with a newly renovated two story shopping plaza. There were some craft booths last night and a band playing, it was the theme to 5-0 when we passed by. The beach is close by also.

I havent met many Americans or Canadians this week, if you could tap into the Japanese, Chinese, or Australian rental market it would increase your odds.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. The 10 unit nightly limit Wyndham started is changing the game.

My concerns with Hawaii have always been airfare prices and schedules and people are not likely to want to rent last minute.

With check ins limited to the weekend unless split reservations are used it may turn a lot of people off.

Also people are along way from home if something goes wrong so they may want to rent direct.

At beach walk what could one expect for rates for the units there in March.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At beach walk what could one expect for rates for the units there in March.

I usually see Beach Walk rentals on Trading Places. Don't see any March weeks but they have a Feb 2017 week for $1050. I've seen them rent for around that +- $200. Haven't seen them for rent really anywhere else