• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 ] Timeshare exit team [merged]

e.bram

Reaction score
They will only accept TSes purchased from the developer where they can claim "fraud in the inducement" to void a contact.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points

e.bram

Reaction score
Timeshare Exit Team is still around and advertising heavily on NYC prime radio programs. This is not without high costs. They must be successful in the operation.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you say "successful", do you mean successful in terms of making money or successful in getting people out of their TS ownerships?

I would guess the first and not the second.

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
More Radio Time

Timeshare Exit Team is still around and advertising heavily on NYC prime radio programs. This is not without high costs. They must be successful in the operation.

I just heard a radio commercial here in San Diego for these guys a few minutes ago. Thought I would stop in here and check them out before heading to their website.

They say they are not a resell company, but I wonder if they would be interested in charging whatever fees to those using their services and then selling off the decent weeks/locations to guys like us? :rolleyes:

Doubt it, but ya never know until you ask.

Ace

Reaction score
I checked out their website and whatever other information I could find on "Timeshare Exit Team" a few weeks ago after I heard Dave Ramsey talk about them on his radio show. (I have listened to Dave Ramsey, who endorses this firm, for a long time, and I would not call him a scam artist, and he does not sound like the type of person who could be fooled by a scam artist.) I could be wrong, but I had the impression they handle cases for people who believe they were deceived by the resort (and maybe have proof of that somehow), and pursue having the resort take back the property instead of facing a lawsuit or an arbitration proceeding. Something akin to a result like that, of course, is probably the only possible way for people to get a refund of what they paid the resort. Some (emphasizing "some") cases like that are successful (I've seen news reports on successful cases against a developer at Hilton Head), but I would think the people really need to have good evidence in their favor to override whatever the contract says. I am not recommending this firm by any means, but there may be more to them than what the typical scam artist would try to pull off. If anyone is ever interested in hiring a real lawyer to help with timeshare exits, this could be one of the firms to at least consider, though. Any real lawyer handling a case like this would charge a fee, and this firm's 100% refund guarantee may be worth checking out.

I have the feeling they might not take the case (and hence not be on the hook for a 100% guarantee) unless they really think they could get a good result.

If "Timeshare Exit Team" consists of real, licensed lawyers, I think it is unlikely they would be the typical scam artists. Lawyers have much more on the line than typical scam artists do. Consequences for them would be losing their law licenses. This is not to say, of course, that there are not dishonest lawyers out there, some of whom may, in fact, be scam artists. There are, and you read reports frequently about lawyers getting disbarred because they stole money from their clients.

rrsafety

Reaction score
(I have listened to Dave Ramsey, who endorses this firm, for a long time, and I would not call him a scam artist, and he does not sound like the type of person who could be fooled by a scam artist.)

I agree about Dave Ramsey; his group probably did some due diligence on this before taking them on as an advertiser. However, he isn't perfect so could have missed something. This group should come on the board and answer questions.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The exit team is just feeding them copy. Radio is hurting for advertisers these days and even if they were vetted, they are only getting one side of the story since the radio host likely knows nothing about timeshare.

rrsafety

Reaction score
The exit team is just feeding them copy. Radio is hurting for advertisers these days and even if they were vetted, they are only getting one side of the story since the radio host likely knows nothing about timeshare.

He is doing the copy reads himself, so I doubt they haven't been vetted - and I don't get the feeling he is that desperate for advertisers. If anything, he probably has lots of advertisers wishing for his blessing but he won't give it to them. That is why this has piqued my interest.
That said, he and his staff aren't as savvy on this issue as many folks here so they might not be as attuned to timeshare BS as others and might miss some important questions.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ramsey has always given utterly terrible advice to timeshare owners and is very very anti timeshare.

Ace

Reaction score
Dave Ramsey is definitely anti-timeshare. No question about that. What I mean by that is he advises people to never buy them, and I believe he is thinking mainly of people (like me) who are (or were) tempted to buy directly from a developer. I think just about everyone on TUG agrees with that sentiment. He calls people who buy these timeshares "stupid" (at least the ones who buy from developers), and he does not mean it as an insult to anyone. What he means is that it was a "stupid" financial mistake. And I was one of those and have no problem saying it was a "stupid" financial mistake - at least the timeshare I bought that likely never will have much (if any) resale value. When I heard him say that, my wife and I looked at each other and nodded, as if saying "yep, that's us." It sounds like those are the people he has in mind when he mentions the Timeshare Exit Team. He also mentions the continuing obligation to pay maintenance fees, so it's possible he could also be directing his comments to those who buy for low prices on the resale market, but somehow I'm not sure of that because certainly he has to know that buyers on the resale market do not have the kinds of remedies available (perhaps remotely available) against resellers as compared to developers. Then again, maybe there are some unethical resellers out there. Something like the Timeshare Exit Team likely would not be appropriate for buyers on the resale market unless something was horribly misrepresented during the resale process.

Aside from his advice to not buy from developers to begin with (I think that is what he is really talking about), his advice to people who already have those timeshares is to call the Timeshare Exit Team. I'm not sure that is such horrible advice, and if he has given other advice, I haven't heard it.

I realize there may be timeshares out there where buying from developers may not be a "stupid" financial mistake, i.e., there may be timeshares with significant resale value, maybe even for the original purchase price, or maybe even more. So if those kinds of timeshares are out there and the owners are happy with them, I would respectfully disagree with Ramsey.

Having said all of that, I certainly am not recommending the Timeshare Exit Team. I simply do not know enough about them. But if I were inclined to hire (and pay for) a lawyer to represent me or to take legal action against a developer for misrepresentations during the sale process, I probably would check them out as well as obtaining information on other lawyers, maybe inquiring on TUG whether anyone has experience with lawyers who take cases like this. There are lawsuits out there against developers, and if the buyers have a good legal case (some do), the buyers probably are willing to pay money to a lawyer in an attempt to get out of a timeshare purchase.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
eh, in the times ive heard him he seems to have the same pitch the transfer companies (and these new cancellation companies) do.

"youll never be able to sell it"
"your kids will be stuck with it"

etc etc...along with the other items mentioned above where he is against timeshares completely under any circumstances...and anyone who buys them is an idiot.

none of those comments are helpful to folks contacting him looking for help. I doubt anyone in the history of the show has ever called up asking for his advice PRIOR to buying a timeshare.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
He is doing the copy reads himself, so I doubt they haven't been vetted - and I don't get the feeling he is that desperate for advertisers. If anything, he probably has lots of advertisers wishing for his blessing but he won't give it to them. That is why this has piqued my interest.
That said, he and his staff aren't as savvy on this issue as many folks here so they might not be as attuned to timeshare BS as others and might miss some important questions.

Well I worked in radio for several years so I know of what I speak. It's an odd coincidence that Glenn Beck has "personally vetted" them too.

There are several kinds of radio advertising. One is where you just play a pre-produced spot. Another where the DJ reads the spot. And yet another where the DJ "personally endorses" the advertiser. Each has a different price.

I can guarantee you that Ramsey or Beck have no clue about the Exit Team. I don't care how big of a fan you are. No one is waiting in line for his personal endorsement. I could get to the front of the line with a handful of Benjamins.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
It's funny to see this thread pop up tonight because I got into a bit of an argument at work today about Timeshare Exit Team. My co-worker knows that my hobby is timesharing and mentioned the commercials airing re: TET. I mentioned the upfront fee and the viking ship issue and he came back with "they get good reviews on yelp so they must be providing a valuable service", plus "they are endorsed" by the radio personality. Ugh.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I can guarantee you that Ramsey or Beck have no clue about the Exit Team. I don't care how big of a fan you are. No one is waiting in line for his personal endorsement. I could get to the front of the line with a handful of Benjamins.

+1. All of these radio folks are paid by the sponsors of their programs and will read the scripts as needed to keep the money coming in; that is how they make their living. The fact that they choose to 'endorse' a less than ethical company should give a reality check as to the value of the rest of their advise/opinions.

Sue

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sitting in a hotel room in Seattle and their advertisement just came on TV. I cannot believe that they are still around... - they have someone on TV say something like "I invested more than 40K in a timeshare".

Slinger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am sitting in a hotel room in Seattle and their advertisement just came on TV. I cannot believe that they are still around... - they have someone on TV say something like "I invested more than 40K in a timeshare".

To still be around, they must have PLENTY of people jumping on that pay of front bandwagon. :doh:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
In our little forum of 78,000 registered users, most of us are pretty happy with timeshare. The people who seek out a service like this are definitely not thrilled with their purchase and do feel swindled.

We know how overpriced timeshares are from the developer, but most of us wouldn't pay developer prices for something we can get resale. We are the informed, and there are way too many uninformed people out there.

Many timeshares are sell-able, like Disney, Hyatt, Marriott and Westin. Some are not worth the paper the deed is typed on.

Legacy resorts count on owners to pay their fees every year because there is no way to sell legacy resorts. Even ski weeks in Colorado go begging at our resorts, and these are decent places to stay. but they are older, 35 years old. I am talking about Twin Rivers, Pines at Meadow Ridge, and Val Chatelle. There are dozens of others in Colorado, too. But the shiny new resorts are selling for tens of thousands of dollars,ski weeks upwards of $80K, and those will be old someday too.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
For some of us who live in housing markets that are at rock bottom, this is no different than having bought a house and after living in it (and enjoying it) for many years not being able to sell it when you need to.

We bought our timeshare 17 years ago from the developer. We love using it and got our money's worth. Someday in the not so distant future we will have to try to get rid of both our timeshares (one of which we acquired for free) and try to sell our home (in which we invested so much of our money, incredibly high yearly school and property taxes, and time and sweat (talk about maintenance fees!) and it will more than likely be extremely difficult.

Timeshares will be listed as free, but we can't afford to list our beautiful home/property for free as we need the funds to pay to live elsewhere in our older ages. There is no such thing as "Homeowner Exit Team.com" LOL!

There's either a market or there's not. For timeshares and other forms of real estate in some cases, there is not.:(

Last edited: