• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Solutions Inc.

Am Sick

Reaction score
My folks got cold called today from a lady asking if they were interested in selling their Lawrence Welk TS. My mother confirmed she was and was told to wait for a call later today. The next call came from a man who gave the name Mike who mentioned he goes by the name Whitey in the office. He claimed to be the owner of Resort Solutions. The man claimed to have buyers in Europe looking for TS like theirs and willing to spend big money like $30,000! He said the buyer would pay for all fees except for $1200 up front. My mother told him she would talk it over with her husband. Mike gave her a cell phone number and said he would call back later.

Here's Resort Solutions Better Business Bureau profile.

My folks decided not to move forward with this company or anyone asking for money upfront to sell their TS.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Great decision. These types of cold call "offers" invariably ask for big money , offer no real guarantees of any real service or transfer and the poor owner gets taken again for more money for nothing.

Be very glad they avoided the trap. Help them find a new owner by using the many free or very low cost options here on TUG and other places.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you posted that your folks didn't go through with it.

My folks got cold called today from a lady asking if they were interested in selling their Lawrence Welk TS. My mother confirmed she was and was told to wait for a call later today. The next call came from a man who gave the name Mike who mentioned he goes by the name Whitey in the office. He claimed to be the owner of Resort Solutions. The man claimed to have buyers in Europe looking for TS like theirs and willing to spend big money like $30,000! He said the buyer would pay for all fees except for $1200 up front. My mother told him she would talk it over with her husband. Mike gave her a cell phone number and said he would call back later.

Here's Resort Solutions Better Business Bureau profile.

My folks decided not to move forward with this company or anyone asking for money upfront to sell their TS.

Unfortunately, on TUG, we see too many people that are sucked in by this "upfront fee" scammers.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
They claim to have a buyer willing to pay big bucks. When you pay them $1200 you will find what you have actually done is to sign up for the advertising and marketing of your timeshare. By that I mean they post your for sale ad at their website and your $1200 is their fee for doing just that. There is no buyer, they just wanted to suck you in.

This is from their website:

We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. Instead, our site acts as an advertising source, to allow anyone, of legal age and ownership, to offer for rent, or sell, and to buy or rent, a privately owned or company owned timeshare unit, at anytime, from anywhere, in a variety of formats, including a fixed price format and an auction-style format. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. We cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This is from their website:

We are not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. Instead, our site acts as an advertising source, to allow anyone, of legal age and ownership, to offer for rent, or sell, and to buy or rent, a privately owned or company owned timeshare unit, at anytime, from anywhere, in a variety of formats, including a fixed price format and an auction-style format. As a result, we have no control over the quality, safety or legality of the items advertised, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of sellers to sell items or the ability of buyers to buy items. We cannot ensure that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction.

Wow. That is a pretty clear statement, that likely few ever bother to read, that any "deal" they may call saying they have is a sham. Good post. Avoid these and similar con artists. NEVER deal with a group that cold calls YOU. Never.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score