• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

trust wwptshares on ebay?

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen that opinions about wwptshares have been varied so opinions please -

For the past 3 or 4 weeks wwptshares has had 154,000 points Wyndham Governors Green on eBay, each auction ending on a Tuesday evening, no closing costs, no mention of a reserve. Twice the bidding was "won" at $5.00, then within the hour there was another wwptshares 154,000 point auction on eBay with the same description.

This week I decided to try my luck and by the time the bidding went to ~$104.00 I dropped out. The bidding closed, a private bidder "won" and within an hour - the 154,000 point auction was back again.

Am I just being paranoid thinking that there is something odd about the timing? Does wwptshares have that many 154,000 packages available? Please tell me what I am missing in the world of resale.
Thanks

northovr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like shill bidding. I am been waiting since Sept 18th for a 126 even year purchase at Governor Green from them. They say it's in the works hopefully wyndham will get it in my account before year end because the 2014 points are supposedly still available.

Daniel

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know about this particular seller ... but it smells a bit like a "shill" bidder - a bidder who goal for the seller is to drive the bid up HIGHER.

You bid (& the unsold in prior auctions) driving up the bid to OVER $100 ... Except you did NOT get an email asking if you wanted to buy it at your last bid.

Personally, is there a reason you want Governor's Green? Yes, GG is the only Wyndham's Williamsburg property which is totally UDI and newest resort --- but as Wyndham no longer "funds" this resort as an II external exchange company. I don't know IF you need ARP for certain reservations ... but 154K just gets you a 2/2 deluxe unit.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps one owner had multiple weeks and they are being sold one week at a time.

I have a means of seeing partial bidder id for private auctions. No id appears on more than one auction. For the $7.50 auction there were 4 bids but only 2 bidders. For the $104 auction there are 7 bids showing but there were only 2 bidders.

That's the extent of my info, draw your own conclusion.

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback

I felt that there was something not quite right about the wwptshare offers so think I'll pass them up and read these forums to get more info.

As for why I particularly wanted Governors Green, I guess it's because I really like the resort and wanted a feeling of owning there and to add to what I already have at Branson. But points are points so I will continue watching and waiting.

Thanks again.

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
I purchased from wwptshares about a year ago and it all worked out in the end, but what I purchased was low cost, so I wasn't too worried. This outfit has had some pretty attractive and large Wyndham point packages, but I wouldn't send them serious money.

The closing company (In Less Time Closings) was abysmal and I really had to push them to get the closing done, but I think that's common in the industry. I just purchased from Sean0302 on ebay and his closing company was similarly bad (Global Resort Transfers), but Sean was very good.

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
....The closing company (In Less Time Closings) was abysmal and I really had to push them to get the closing done, but I think that's common in the industry. ...

It is not common for the industry.

I've bought many timeshares through the years and never had any trouble with the closing companies. The most recent were from CJ timeshares, Sumday, an individual seller using Caldwell and Payne for closing, and Vaca4life2.

Mistakes can happen in any company so I'm sure some people have had problems with some of these but I can't accept that problems are the standard.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is not common for the industry.

I've bought many timeshares through the years and never had any trouble with the closing companies. The most recent were from CJ timeshares, Sumday, an individual seller using Caldwell and Payne for closing, and Vaca4life2.

Mistakes can happen in any company so I'm sure some people have had problems with some of these but I can't accept that problems are the standard.

I agree with John. I have also bought many timeshares and had few problems. I did recently buy an very inexpensive one from wwptshares using In Less Time closing. No mistakes, but they were very slow. Also very slow to communicate (I often had to ask the same question several times before getting any response) In the end, everything was fine, and I would consider risking a small amount with them again. I would not buy from them if I was facing any sort of deadline for points expiring.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
I've bought 2 from them recently. I agree they are very slow to respond. They got the jobs done eventually. I suppose (but really doubt) that it could be a just coincidence that most of the movement in the process occurred immediately after my requests for status updates.

potzie

Reaction score
Trouble with wwptshares

Purchased an advertised 4BR timeshare at Regal Vista through an Ebay auction at the very beginning of December. I already have title. Once I got title I have discovered that it is not the unit they advertised. It was advertised as a 4 BR Even Year unit but the previous owners had Internally Exchanged it forever into a 2 BR every year. I didn't want a 2 BR, I wanted a 4 BR. Even wwptshares says they were surprised by this fact. They are willing to give me the maintenance fees and purchase price back but they don't want to refund my closing costs or registration fees.

I have started a dispute with my Credit Card company for the charges and they have put me in touch with the owner of In Less Time Closings, LLC who is investigating it.

Still don't have the name of whomever I am dealing with at wwptshares as they do not sign their emails with a name or title.

Thoughts?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thoughts requested, thoughts offered...

Purchased an advertised 4BR timeshare at Regal Vista through an Ebay auction at the very beginning of December. I already have title. Once I got title I have discovered that it is not the unit they advertised. It was advertised as a 4 BR Even Year unit but the previous owners had Internally Exchanged it forever into a 2 BR every year. I didn't want a 2 BR, I wanted a 4 BR. Even wwptshares says they were surprised by this fact. They are willing to give me the maintenance fees and purchase price back but they don't want to refund my closing costs or registration fees.

I have started a dispute with my Credit Card company for the charges and they have put me in touch with the owner of In Less Time Closings, LLC who is investigating it.

Still don't have the name of whomever I am dealing with at wwptshares as they do not sign their emails with a name or title.

Thoughts?

I don't see any mention at all of reversing the ownership in the above. If you already have legal title to a timeshare that you plainly don't want, altering the ownership back to its' pre-transaction state would seem to be a top priority, no? Refund of some (...or all, for that matter) costs still doesn't in any way change (i.e., reverse) the actual legal ownership, now clearly in your name. IMnsHO, your most important objective should be to get the ownership back into the previous name.

Just still another example of why I will personally never use eBay resellers for timeshare transactions; the prevalence of widespread gross incompetence ---and outright dishonesty is also not unheard of either. Only rarely are proper estoppels obtained and / or provided to prospective buyers by most eBay resellers prior to actual closing, leaving the purchase (and / or its' current account status) vulnerable and open to some significant (...and usually unwelcome) "surprises". :eek:

Buying timeshares on eBay is just too much of a crap shoot for my liking --- I don't gamble. To each his / her / their own, I guess. :shrug:

Last edited:

potzie

Reaction score
Theo,

I am working with the closing company now to have them straighten it out and give them back title. I certainly don't want the unit and my money back, I want to give them the unit back and get my money back.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Theo,

I am working with the closing company now to have them straighten it out and give them back title. I certainly don't want the unit and my money back, I want to give them the unit back and get my money back.

I wish you better luck than I had. This outfit under their previous entity transferred me a unit at a completely different resort. They wouldn't lift a single finger to do anything. They don't identify themselves for a reason! It's so you cannot come after then when something gets hosed. It's all part of their plan.

You have no realistic legal recourse against the companies you are dealing with because contractually everything is between you and the real seller. You can hound them and dispute and hope for the best. Good luck.

potzie

Reaction score
I wish you better luck than I had. This outfit under their previous entity transferred me a unit at a completely different resort. They wouldn't lift a single finger to do anything. They don't identify themselves for a reason! It's so you cannot come after then when something gets hosed. It's all part of their plan.

You have no realistic legal recourse against the companies you are dealing with because contractually everything is between you and the real seller. You can hound them and dispute and hope for the best. Good luck.

Luckily my credit card company seems to be willing to work with me on it. The seller acknowledged in an email to me that it is not what they thought it was (or listed it as) so I am going to use that hopefully get it undone. If they credit me back the charge I will simply sign the Deed back over to the seller and they can resell it.

I have no recourse through EBay since they won't allow you to pay for real estate with PayPal.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Luckily my credit card company seems to be willing to work with me on it. The seller acknowledged in an email to me that it is not what they thought it was (or listed it as) so I am going to use that hopefully get it undone. If they credit me back the charge I will simply sign the Deed back over to the seller and they can resell it.

I have no recourse through EBay since they won't allow you to pay for real estate with PayPal.

Saintsfanfl can certainly speak for himself, but I believe that he was trying to convey to you that this plan might actually prove to be more easily said than done.

An integral part of any valid deed transfer is voluntary and informed "acceptance" by the grantee. If that wasn't the case, people could (and surely would) just unilaterally deed unwanted timeshares over to unknowing, unwilling recipients (grantees) picked at random out of the phone book --- at will, all day, every day.
Quite obviously, no can do...

You might want to have a "Plan B" course of action in mind in the (likeley, IMnsHO) event that no voluntary "acceptance" is in the cards in your unilateral QC plan.

Last edited: